compound Magic

steph

Hey guys i am confused….

One of the player in our fantasy campaign are un sorcerer who mixte two form of magic:(Necromancy and shadow magic). He want to create a spell who  compound (Mental Blast and Drain body) Mental Blast is a OMCV Attack and Drain is a OCV attack. What Happens with is attack roll,  He have to roll two attacks with is spell ? how build this ?

TY in advance

Steph

From 6e2 pages 73-78:

MULTIPLE ATTACK

Which Combat Value To Use
If a Multiple Attack includes both non-Mental and Mental attacks, the non-Mental parts of the attack are made with OCV against DCV, and the Mental parts with OMCV against DMCV. (Of course, the Alternate Combat Value Advantage may alter the type of CV used with an attack.)

Wait a minute, if I have a compound power and/or linked powers that are both attacks, then each and every time I use it I'm at half DCV??

Lucius Alexander

Linked with a palindromedary

My mistake.:(

They would be considered a Combined Attack which has no associated penalty. 

Multiple Attack is the 6e replacement for Sweep and DOES have associated penalties for use.

from my John Wick (the movie) thread (click the spolier show button in the 1st post):

http://www.herogames.com/forums/topic/91791-john-wick-for-6e/?do=findComment&comment=2450572

*I put this kind of stuff on the character sheet If I think it will come up often for that particular character. :)

0    1)  Combined Attack (Free Maneuver) (Custom Adder)

[Notes: Using two or more powers or similar abilities (but not Combat/Martial Maneuvers or the like) once against a single target isn’t a Multiple Attack. It’s a Combined Attack, and counts as type of Strike. Therefore it has no OCV penalty, doesn’t halve the attacker’s DCV, and doesn’t take a Full Phase to perform. (Using two such powers multiple times against a single target, or against multiple targets, is a Multiple Attack and subject to all Multiple Attack rules.)]

0    3)  Multiple Attack (Free Maneuver) (Custom Adder)

[Notes: Multiple Attack requires a Full Phase to use (the Rapid Attack Skill, 6E1 87, reduces this to a Half Phase). Using it reduces the character to ½ DCV. The character’s OCV is affected by the number of targets, the types of attacks used, and other factors (see below).  A character using Multiple Attack has to make a separate Attack Roll for each attack in the sequence. If he misses any of his Attack Rolls, all remaining attacks in that Multiple Attack sequence automatically miss also.  A character making a Multiple Attack must expend END or Charges for each attack made (this includes any that automatically miss because he missed one in the sequence). He may elect to stop the Multiple Attack after any successful attack. This does not retroactively diminish the OCV and DCV penalties for using the Maneuver, but it saves END or Charges.  A character making a Multiple Attack against multiple targets can choose to attack some or all of them more than once, but this of course increases the number of attacks (and thus the OCV penalty suffered; see below). For example, Thunderbird could make a Multiple Attack with his pistol by shooting Lazer once, Mechassassin twice, and Steel Commando once. That’s a total of four attacks, so he suffers a -6 OCV penalty on all the Attack Rolls.]