5th Edition 250 Points Original Characters

Cassandra

Juno

Current Alias:  Regina Saetta

Former Aliases:  Lady Lightning, Regina Storm

Occupation:  Former Medical Doctor.  Former Actress.   Professional Superheroine.

Known Relatives:  Jupiter (Twin Brother, Deceased), Sir William North (Husband, Deceased), Leslie North [starlet] (Daughter), Steven North [star Ranger] (Son), Brit Tory [Aurora] (Daughter), Douglas Clark [Ares] (Husband)

Height: 5'11"

Weight:  170 lbs.

Eyes:  Green

Hair:  Reddish Brown

Origin:  Juno is the former Queen of the Roman Pantheon.  She explored the world after the Fall of the Roman Empire.  Arriving in North America she took part in the American Revolution and was grated citizenship by President George Washington.  Juno received a medical degree from John Hopkins University in 1899.  She married British Astronomer Sir William North and had two children with him, both of whom developed superhuman powers after being exposed to a strange meteorite.  Under the name Regina Storm she became a first a Broadway Stage Actress in the 1930s, then Spaghetti Westerns in the 1960s, and finally the star of the "Lady Liberty" TV show in the 1970s.  She was engaged to U.S. Senator James Reynolds and was pregnant with his daughter when he was lost in a plane crash.  Jupiter, her twin brother, stole her daughter from her womb in a bid to prevent her from interfering in his plot to control the world.  Her daughter, Aurora, was exiled to a lost human colony in space, and returned to Earth twenty years later, and she and Juno were reunited.  After Jupiter was defeated Juno married Douglas Clark, the powered armored supehero Ares.

Powers:  Juno possesses superhuman strength and durability, is immortal and immune to disease.  She can fly, real minds, and fire electrical energy blasts.

Costume:  Long sleeveless red dress, black gladiator sandals, gold necklace, bracelets, and belt.

Val Char Cost

40 STR 30

18 DEX 24

20 CON 20

10 BODY 0

13 INT 3

18 EGO 16

15 PRE 5

14 COM 2

15 PD 7

15 ED 11

4 SPD 12

12 REC 0

40 END 0

40 STUN 0

Total Characteristics Cost: 130 Points

Cost Skills

3 Acting 12-

3 FB: Federal Police Powers

1 FB: Medical License

5 Money: Well Off

2 Navigation [Air] 12-

3 Paramedic 12-

1 Rep: Superhero 8-

2 SS: Medicine 11-

Total Skills Cost: 20 Points

Cost Powers

10 Damage Resistance 10 rPD 10 rED

40 Multipower (40 Points

4 u) EB [Electricity] 8d6

4 u) Telepathy 8d6

5 ES: Radio Perception/Transmit, OAF: Radio (-1)

22 Flight 9", Variable Advantages (+1/2), [[invisible [Hearing], Megascale [1km], 1/2 END, or Use Underwater Only (-1/4)]]

15 LS: Immunity [Disease], Longevity [immortal]

Total Powers Cost: 100 Points

Total Cost: 250 Points

150+ Disadvantages 

10 Hunted: Crisis Response Intelligence Security & Investigation Service [CRISIS] (More Powerful/NCI/Watch) 8-

15 Hunted: Fifth Column (As Powerful/NCI) 8-

10 Hunted: Forces of Evil (As Powerful) 8-

15 PsyL: Noblesse Oblige (Common/Strong)

15 PsyL: Overconfidence (Very Common/Moderate)

20 PsyL: Superpatriot (Common/Total)

15 Vuln: Ambushes/Treacherous Attacks, 1 1/2x STUN (Very Common)

Total Disadvantages Cost: 250 Points

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monarch

Known Aliases:  Rex Roman

Known Relatives:  Juno (Sister), Aurora (Niece)

Appearance:  Jupiter is a tell well built handsome man who appears to be in his forties with brown hair and green eyes.  As the Monarch he wears a set of white powered armor with a red cape and trim.

Origin:  Jupiter was the King of the Roman Pantheon.  When he was overthrown Jupiter took a group of loyal followers from Rome and Ancient Britain to a planet in the Epsilon Eridani system and called it Nova Britannia.  He ruled there for a thousand years, got bored, and returned to Earth.  He attempted to gain power but was blocked by various enemies.  Finally he took the identity of wealthy financier Rex Roman and tried to help the Axis win the Second World War.  When he tried to capture his twin sister Juno he inadvertently helped form the United Superheroes of America.  At the Dawn of the 21st Century he started wearing a set of powered armor and through marriage and assassination became the Regent of England, exiling all British superheroes and ruling as a Dictator through his alliance with U.S. President Charles Stewart Lee.  When he was exposed by Liberty he fled to Nova Britannia with Liberty in pursuit, and in a final battle he was killed.

Val Char Cost

50 STR 40

15 DEX 15

25 CON 30

14 BODY 8

13 INT 3

18 EGO 16

20 PRE 10

18 COM 4

20 PD 10

10 ED 5

4 SPD 15

15 REC 0

50 END 0

52 STUN 0

Total Characteristics Cost: 150 Points

Cost Skills

3 Bureaucratics 13-

10 FB: Head of State

3 High Society 13-

15 Money: Filthy Rich

3 Oratory 13-

3 Persuasion 13-

3 Streetwise 13-

Total Skills Cost: 40 Points

Cost Powers

10 Armor +5 rPD +5 rED, OIF: Powered Armor (-1/2)

15 Damage Resistance 20 rPD 10 rED

20 Flight 10", 8x NCM, OIF: Powered Armor (-1/2)

15 LS: Immunity [Disease], Longevity [immortal]

Total Powers Cost: 60

Total Cost: 250 Points

150+ Disadvantages

10 Hunted: Aurora (As Powerful) 8-

10 Hunted: Liberty (As Powerful) 8-

15 Hunted: Juno (As Powerful/NCI) 8-

15 Hunted: United Superheroes of America (More Powerful) 8-

20 PsyL: Megalomaniac (Common/Total)

10 SocL: Secret Identity [Jupiter/Rex Roman] (Occasionally/Major)

20 Vuln: Magic, 2x STUN (Common)

Total Disadvantages Cost: 250 Points

Cassandra I recently got Hero Designer (again) and I was putting in your version of  a Martial Artist Template in and I have a few questions for you. 1) Why did you give them Lightning Calculator Talent? 2) I swear I inputted everything correctly and I came up with 240 points total. 3) No style Disadvantge? 4) And no Black Belt perk ? I do like the build, this are more curious/why questions. Thanks again!

Cassandra I recently got Hero Designer (again) and I was putting in your version of  a Martial Artist Template in and I have a few questions for you. 1) Why did you give them Lightning Calculator Talent? 2) I swear I inputted everything correctly and I came up with 240 points total. 3) No style Disadvantge? 4) And no Black Belt perk ? I do like the build, this are more curious/why questions. Thanks again!

My builds are 5th Edition and I think Hero Designer is 6th Edition so there might be translation differences.

If I put Lightning Calculator I meant  Lightning Reflexes.  

There are no Black Belt Perks or Style Disadvantages in the 5th Edition rules as far as I know of.

I look forward to you questions.

Interesting use of Arthurian legend, Greek mythology, and Roman mythology.  The Morgan le Fey vs. Merlin twist is different.  It isn't the first time Merlin was a villain and charlatan in fiction, and I have read fiction that portrayed Morgan le Fey as more misunderstood and sympathetic than genuinely evil, but I having Merlin being the villainous archenemy of the heroic Morgan le Fey is unique, as far as I know.

Having both Greek gods and the Roman counterparts in the same universe raises some questions, however.  How do you justify their concurrent existences in the same universe while staying in story?

My builds are 5th Edition and I think Hero Designer is 6th Edition so there might be translation differences.

If I put Lightning Calculator I meant  Lightning Reflexes.  

There are no Black Belt Perks or Style Disadvantages in the 5th Edition rules as far as I know of.

I look forward to you questions.

HD can be toggled to use 5th still.

Yes and I did put it in fifth rules-sorry if I wasn't clear. Ok Black belt perk was introduced since UMA 4th (and used to be in my older version of hero designer too) style disadvantage was introduced in NinJa hero 4th. Its a distictive feature costing 10pts.

And if you don't have either of the books well that makes sense.

And lightning reflexes makes load more sense. :)

Having both Greek gods and the Roman counterparts in the same universe raises some questions, however.  How do you justify their concurrent existences in the same universe while staying in story?

If you've ever watched Hercules: the Legendary Journeys, and Xena the Warrior Princess (superheroes for ancient greece in a way) they had gods from almost every mythology within the shows at one point or another.  Loved those shows actually!

Interesting use of Arthurian legend, Greek mythology, and Roman mythology.  The Morgan le Fey vs. Merlin twist is different.  It isn't the first time Merlin was a villain and charlatan in fiction, and I have read fiction that portrayed Morgan le Fey as more misunderstood and sympathetic than genuinely evil, but I having Merlin being the villainous archenemy of the heroic Morgan le Fey is unique, as far as I know.

The basic premise of my superhero universe is that people with powers have always existed, and those who existed thousands of years ago were originally considered "Gods".  Over the centuries as technology advanced superhumans were treated as "Demons" or "Witches" and persecuted.  Those who performed heroic acts became "Legends", and during the American Revolution George Washington recruited superhumans to fight for the Colonists when the British hired Magic users to put down the rebellion.  The U.S. Constitutions allows superhumans to use their powers.  Wearing costumes for conceal one's identity to protect loved ones started during the revolution and remains a tradition, and in fact wearing a costume means a hero avoids the charge of using a concealed weapon.

Hera is about 3900 years old, but didn't become really well known until about 1000 BC in Greece.  Juno is 500 years younger, and was more focused on Rome helping it become a Republic.  Jupiter, her twin brother, was more ambitions and pushed Rome to become an Empire, having a hand in assassinating Caeser, and granting immortality to Nero and Caligula.  Hera and Juno clashed from time to time, but both wanted to serve more as good examples and eventually became friends.  Zeus, Hera's husband, ruined their marriage with his cheating and fathered many future superhuman bloodlines.  Jupiter was overthrown after the fall of Rome, and fled Earth.

Some notes

The life expectancy because of superhuman/human mating would be between 50 and 200 years.  This is my means of allowing superheroes from World War Two to be still active.

The superhuman population on Earth in 2016 is approximately four million, seventy five percent of them in the United States.  Over the last two centuries superhumans around the world were either oppressed or even executed by other countries.  There are very few non-American superheroes and those who existed are tightly controlled by their governments.

Currently more the half the superheroes/villains are women.

The true origin of superhumans involves the Titaness Metis and the Crime Fighter Nighthawk.  Her father Cronus has a vision her Metis saving the life of a mortal and in doing so bringing the downfall of the Titans.  In order to teach her the evil of mortals he imprisoned her in a magic lamp and forced her to grant three wishes to each of it's new owners.  Instead of learning to hate humanity she learns to love them, and Nighthawk frees her.  One of those who controlled Metis was Zeus, who asked for powers for his followers, a means to defeat Cronus, and a daughter (Athena).   

That is interesting, and it follows along with some things I have written into my campaign.  I have also decided that super heroes have always existed, and that the so-called gods of myth were really the super heroes of their day.  I had considered going with the idea that the gods of myth belonged to different ethnic groups of some long-lived and powerful super race, but I decided to go with the idea that heroes often take up the mantles of previous heroes by donning their names and costumes and the reported long lives of the gods was attributed to the fact that there were different heroes using the same name over a long period whose legends melded together.  This helped to solve a problem in ancient Greek literature.  In early Greek literature, the gods were more heroic and in later Greek literature were jerks.  Perhaps, earlier heroes who bore the Apollo name were honorable and heroic while later bearers were self-serving egotists.  I also felt this was the best way to have both Greek gods and their Roman versions in the same universe, but making Greek and Roman gods relatives could explain there similarities and assuming false identification and smear tactics to explain their loss from favor towards the end of their popularity could overcome the issues caused by literature, or any number of other possibilities could work.

The mingling of "god" blood with human blood not only solves the problem of amazingly long life spans of otherwise normal people.  In real life, a typical non-powered super hero career would probably last between 2-5 years before the accumulation of permanent injuries forced him or her into early retirement.  The presence of god blood could allow them to heal more completely than they would in real life, and it can explain why common crooks can be flung through walls without permanent injury or death and such as that.

As far as having super heroes codified in and protected by the Constitution is brilliant.  I have been exploring what sociological effects would occur if much of what occurs in comic books really occurred, but I completely overlooked the affects they might have on important legal documents, like the US Constitution of the Magna Carta, or honor codes, like the Code of Chivalry or the Bushido Code.

If you have no objections, I would like to consider some of your concepts for my universe.

That is interesting, and it follows along with some things I have written into my campaign.  I have also decided that super heroes have always existed, and that the so-called gods of myth were really the super heroes of their day.  I had considered going with the idea that the gods of myth belonged to different ethnic groups of some long-lived and powerful super race, but I decided to go with the idea that heroes often take up the mantles of previous heroes by donning their names and costumes and the reported long lives of the gods was attributed to the fact that there were different heroes using the same name over a long period whose legends melded together.  This helped to solve a problem in ancient Greek literature.  In early Greek literature, the gods were more heroic and in later Greek literature were jerks.  Perhaps, earlier heroes who bore the Apollo name were honorable and heroic while later bearers were self-serving egotists.  I also felt this was the best way to have both Greek gods and their Roman versions in the same universe, but making Greek and Roman gods relatives could explain there similarities and assuming false identification and smear tactics to explain their loss from favor towards the end of their popularity could overcome the issues caused by literature, or any number of other possibilities could work.

The mingling of "god" blood with human blood not only solves the problem of amazingly long life spans of otherwise normal people.  In real life, a typical non-powered super hero career would probably last between 2-5 years before the accumulation of permanent injuries forced him or her into early retirement.  The presence of god blood could allow them to heal more completely than they would in real life, and it can explain why common crooks can be flung through walls without permanent injury or death and such as that.

As far as having super heroes codified in and protected by the Constitution is brilliant.  I have been exploring what sociological effects would occur if much of what occurs in comic books really occurred, but I completely overlooked the affects they might have on important legal documents, like the US Constitution of the Magna Carta, or honor codes, like the Code of Chivalry or the Bushido Code.

If you have no objections, I would like to consider some of your concepts for my universe.

Legally most superheroes act as "Bounty Hunters".  They have a lot more leeway and American Courts don't care how someone ends up before them.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.  Go ahead and use some of my concepts if you like.  There are plenty of worlds in the multiverse.

I wanted to create a superhero reality without having to explain the origin or powers, and a society that accepts people with powers.  The vast majority of the populace will never come in contact with a superhero or villain, but be aware of their existence.  The history of this world is similar but different from our reality.  The cities and countries have the same names but many of the historic events have been altered by the presence of superhumans.

For example Juno after the fall of Rome became an explorer and traveled to China with Marco Polo, and America with Christopher Columbus.  The presence of a superstrong flying telepathy was much appreciated.

I view deliberately ignoring stuff for the sake of the story you want to write as totally valid.  There are things in my campaign that are there simply because I want them there, and if anyone complains, I chalk it up to genre and story needs, but as someone with slight perfectionistic tendencies, I've thought about an issue before ignoring it.  I'm not saying I'm right.  Just saying that's how I think.

I view deliberately ignoring stuff for the sake of the story you want to write as totally valid.  There are things in my campaign that are there simply because I want them there, and if anyone complains, I chalk it up to genre and story needs, but as someone with slight perfectionistic tendencies, I've thought about an issue before ignoring it.  I'm not saying I'm right.  Just saying that's how I think.

What stuff do you like?

Union Maid is "A member of a wealthy family"? The name seems to conflict with that.

A recent thought I had for an organisation: THEM - the Technocratic Human Emancipation Movement.

THEM wants to free humanity from the tyranny of corrupt democratic governments, free will, etc, and institute the benevolent rule of wise philosopher kings, aka mad scientists and supervillains.

When I first saw this I thought of THEY. So we can say, " Well that's what THEY say."