Power Defense Cost

Opale

Hey people !

A player of mine desires to play a character whom background includes a storyline with the COIL organization.

Alright to me.

but in order to do that, he wants also to have a power Defense making the character immune to the COIL virus of King Cobra.

It's a limited Power Defense so, I'd normally add the adder "Only Applies Against COIL Virus" (-1)

But I don't intend to make the group to fight COIL (at least on a daily basis); so do you think it would be  rather a cost of -1 1/2 or -2 ?

Regards

Opale, coiling like a snake

I would suggest using a Life Support Immunity at 1-3 points for the same effect, unless you prefer Power Defense. If so, a -2 Limitation seems appropriate if they aren't going to show up very often.

Of course VIPER might try to capture the PC to drain them of some blood and analyze the immunity. :)

If he wants Power Defense that only applies to the COIL treatment, and you intend for the COIL treatment to never ever show up, then it isn't worth any points at all.  He can also be immune to the bites of Klingon Bed Bugs and to Kryptonian Flu as well, for free.

If he wants enough Power Defense so that he's effectively immune to it, let him take some.  It doesn't have to be limited to only the COIL gene stuff.