Need adventure Ideas STAT

JmOz

Okay guys, I have NO IDEA what to have my characters go through tonight, been trying all week but can think of anything

Right now they have to finish up this adventure involving Viper, some Zombies, and three super villains. I figure that will take about an hour or so...

What to do for the next three hours?

Scavenger Hunt, for any of a number of purposes. Of course, you don't have to call it that, you can say "we need to get these three objects for the to work and save the world!"

Road Trip in their secret identities.

If they have official sanction, call them before the board, and have them review their actions for the last several adventures.

A shopping trip through the Mall from Champions Battlegrounds (just shopping).

Trash Titanothere. Heck, pick five tough 250 pt bricks and have them stage a bank robbery or a hostage situation/kidnapping of the local NFL team. Watch your 350 point characters maul them.

Bulldozer shows up outside the base and challenges them.

Lay a 'long lead in' subplot in motion. Classic published examples come from Dystopia, Shadows of the City, or the Great Supervillain Contest. The latter is the easiest to setup by far. You could even kickoff Shades of Black by making sure the players have met Black Paladin and Talisman.

Run the modern day sample scenario from Horror Hero. The villains are no match for the heroes, but the mystery is interesting enough.

This suggestion works best with system geeks, so naturally this is a regular fallback for me :rolleyes:

Pick a sport, preferably a team sport someone might play at a family gathering.

Now have your PC's team up with or against some NPC's in a game of it. With powers. Part of the fun will be figuring out how to rule it :D

On the heels of the battle, which stretches City X's emergency services, a construction site has a collapse during renovations of an old movie theater. Several workers may be dead and several are definitely trapped in the debris.

The supers can get there faster than any emergency crews and may have powers to find, extracate, comfort the crew.

Most of the theater still stands, just one section has collapsed... so there is sub-themes of renewal, old ghosts of the past, touch of the hat to what the city used to be like in yesteryear, ... maybe it wasn't an accident (vengeful ghost, Phantom of the opera type pnormal)... but I would avoid another combat... I would just hint at those elements if you want to use them... come back to them later.

If you do "something more at the ol' theater", pick a classic movie to flicker into life just as the supers are starting to find survivors... Treasure of Sierra Madre, Wuthering Heights, I dunno... just tossing some ideas out.

Couple I have used when I run out of Ideas:

1) Superhero Vacation: Someone the players helped in the past gives them an all expense paid vacation to (fill in blank). Oppertunity to bring in some heroes from another area/city, and se the sort of villains they fight (think of the players as guest stars in someone elses comic)

2) Alien Invasion: It works, alien Invasions always work.

3) Time Warp: Players go back in time, for no apparent reason. At some point they will return to the present, but who sent them back here?

4) Superfuneral: A hero has died, and the heroes go to the funeral. Will he come back to life before his is buried? Or is this for real?

5) Superwedding: A superhero is getting married. MAke him European. Make him friends with Eurostar...

6) Car chase: Take vehicle from vehicle book. Put VIPER agent inside. Give him thermos of coffee. Have him be the wheelman in a bank robbery. Have the security guard foil the bank robbery. Have the PC's chase the vehicle for the rest of the night. Download Knightrider theme song, play it in background during episode.

Wonderful Site

I found the suggestions wonderful, so wonderful in fact that I plan on using some of them later on as a more flushed out adventure.

I was planning on running a hostage situation after the big battle from last week (The group had to call it early and they were right outside the door of the big battle)

Well put simply I added one more Super Villain to the match and the battle took almost all night long