How to model this power?

Mr. R

I bought "Threat Report" for M&M and I like some of the characters.  So I thought how would they look in Hero.  and then I got to the Battle Brothers.

A pair of bricks linked mentally and psychically by an arm band that each wears.  

At the least they have str 60  con 30  pd/ed 30 (resistant) super-leap and life support.

But they also get what I call a tag team power.  In M&M tearm it is reaction damage 12 only to target that the other brother has hit.  So #1 does a grab, #2 hits grabbed target, #1 now gets the reaction damage go off.

So How do I do it in Hero?

#1) 12d6 HA Trigger (automatically goes off, reset as a 0 phase action) Only to hit target his partner has hit, does not add to str

#2) Naked Advantage to his str trigger (same as above)

I am leaning toward #1 really as it is cleaner IMHO.

But what do you think?

Psychic Link:
Mind Link has rules for the "Telepathic Twin Bond".

"But they also get what I call a tag team power.  In M&M tearm it is reaction damage 12 only to target that the other brother has hit.  So #1 does a grab, #2 hits grabbed target, #1 now gets the reaction damage go off."

How about that being the special effect of a Teamwork use? Maybe exceptional levels in Teamwork?

As Hugh pointed out, succeeded with a Grab gives you a free grab attack against the grabbed person (but only that peron, not other person may be affected).

As the question propably heavily ties into the differences between Combat/Initiative mechanics with both game systems, it is really hard to figure out without knowing M&M. Is there any intro adventure with abreviated rules?

OK, I'll give another example.

#1 blocks and opponent.  On the same phase #2 attacks and hits.  #1 now gets his reaction attack as #2 has hit, even though he has blocked and used his action.

OR  

#2 trips an opponent.  #1 then attacks the prone PC and hits.  #2 now gets his triggered attack!

Hope that helps.

PS it could be I am overthinking this due to the different action economies of the two systems!

OK, I'll give another example.

#1 blocks and opponent.  On the same phase #2 attacks and hits.  #1 now gets his reaction attack as #2 has hit, even though he has blocked and used his action.

OR  

#2 trips an opponent.  #1 then attacks the prone PC and hits.  #2 now gets his triggered attack!

Hope that helps.

PS it could be I am overthinking this due to the different action economies of the two systems!

Yeah, it sounds like Trigger is how you want to go...just add in some special effects for "My Bro hits as well"

ST 60....HA trigger, Teamwork: "Crew served" Bro, with Dingus must be close...add to both chars, and it is done...but this would allow the Bro to also hit on his own...the differing "action" economies are an issue, as I Think M&M has no "Speed" just phases...maybe build it as +5 HTH, only if Bro tagged yah"..?

Yeah, it sounds like Trigger is how you want to go...just add in some special effects for "My Bro hits as well"

ST 60....HA trigger, Teamwork: "Crew served" Bro, with Dingus must be close...add to both chars, and it is done...but this would allow the Bro to also hit on his own...the differing "action" economies are an issue, as I Think M&M has no "Speed" just phases...maybe build it as +5 HTH, only if Bro tagged yah"..?

That.

It is one of those things where you have to go beyond simply how it is written up and consider what it is meant to do in the Grand picture. And if Hero can not model that better anyway.

Splitting a 2d6 attack 50/50 between two Elemental Types is wonderfully at getting some damage through defenses in D&D.

But it could not be worse at it in Hero.

Edit:

Found the quick start PDF, that should help with translation.

http://freeronin.com/3e_files/MnM3_Quickstart.pdf

Edit:

Found the quick start PDF, that should help with translation.

http://freeronin.com/3e_files/MnM3_Quickstart.pdf

At first glance a D20 variant, but way differently from what I know from those.

The bonuses are more and higher, being based on Stats and Gear.

With Rolls you have to track "degrees of Failure".

Rather then rolling damage and tracking HP, you roll resistance to the Attack (with a Attack based DC). The effects remind me a bit of West End games Star Wars D6, but with a D20 spin. Or maybe a D&D style savng throw.

As far as those intro rules show, there is no form of Multiple Attack, only basic D20 Initiative.

A trigger would still work. But a bonus to OCV would simply allow the borther to do stuff like Haymaker or Multiple Attack his next phase (does open him up to followup attacks).

A Rating 12 attack is a insanely high amount. The highest for the example Characters is a 8. 5 Seems to be high. 2 Small (inlcuding Ability bonuses).

It could be that the defensive Weakness of non-bricks is simulated by exceptional high damage for Bricks.

One question I have to the original concept:

Is that one Character, or two?

I mean is that one Sheet that has two seperate characters acting? Or two seperate characters (played by two different players) that just happen to have that gear?