The Dark Age Of Champions

steriaca

I'm working on something similar for a campaign universe I am aiming to publish but I call it the Atomic Age --- the years from 1951 - 1956. Lots of sci-fi hero types, magic types, some giant insect/animal menaces, etc. alongside the rise of the Commie Scare.

Sounds cool.

So, what "superheroes" do you think would fit in the time period of the dark ages of comics? I had an early group of explorers/scientist, a gumshoe type with something extra, a zombie storyteller, an old witch, and a zombie greaser. So, what else?

There might be a few actual superheroes still around, although nowhere near as many as during the Golden Age.  Captain Patriot, I think, would still be active--helping mitigate the effects of disasters both natural and man-made. fighting against gangsters, crime lords and alien invaders ("Not every evildoer wears a swastika armband!") and exhorting people to be All-American heroes, just like him.  And if he's still around, there might also be someone like "Amazon Princess Woman" and "Nocturnal Echo-Locating Flying Mammal Man."  (That last one, I believe, is courtesy of Adam Savage.)

There might be a few actual superheroes still around, although nowhere near as many as during the Golden Age. Captain Patriot, I think, would still be active--helping mitigate the effects of disasters both natural and man-made. fighting against gangsters, crime lords and alien invaders ("Not every evildoer wears a swastika armband!") and exhorting people to be All-American heroes, just like him. And if he's still around, there might also be someone like "Amazon Princess Woman" and "Nocturnal Echo-Locating Flying Mammal Man." (That last one, I believe, is courtesy of Adam Savage.)

Thank you for talking about who is still around, but what heros would pop up as fresh faces durring this period of time, battling the forces of evil/forces of communism?