Il Ragno Crime Syndicate

The Arc

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I like the name Giallo, so I came up with something a little different, I think, but what do you think?

The pic suggests duplication instead of invisibly, but yes, it can work.

The name comes from torrid and bloody pulp crime novels from Italy, named after there yellow covers. Later, it was used for simular movies, even without yellow movie posters.

So I like the name Giallo, so I came up with something a little different, I think, but what do you think?

As I said it is a little different. I was thinking something along the lines of powers like Crona from Soul Eater or the living shadow of Nicodemus from the Dresden novels.

As I said it is a little different. I was thinking something along the lines of powers like Crona from Soul Eater or the living shadow of Nicodemus from the Dresden novels.

I only gave you the bair bones of the character. What you do with it is up to you.

The "living shadow" makes sense, as many giallo movies depict the killer to be all dressed in black leather till the character's true idenity is revealed. There not acually wearing all leather, just presented that way to keep his identity a surprise till the end.

So I guess the next question about Giallo is how to construct the "shadow". I've never been a big fan or summon or the follower perk, but then again the shadow is somewhat independant. Any suggestions?

Special effect of Streching and various attack powers (Hand Killing Attack, Hand-to-hand attack NND, drains, ectra). Also a great excuse for Extra Limbs.

The next member of the family is Malocchio, the master of the evil eye (which is what malocchio means). Using his malevolent magical eyes, he can move objects he looks at, set things on fire by looking at them, even curse people he sees with bad luck, among other feats. He wears a blindfold and only removes it for battle, for he can't turn his power off without it, nor control exactly what it does without it.

So I was work on a background for a character when an idea for the bad guys in the background was a group called the Il Ragno Crime Syndicate. Other than the name, I really don't have any idea who the members might be. Il Ragno means "the Spider" in Italian. So I was thinking that there should be eight members, all of whom have super-powers...So any thoughts, and no they don't have to be spider themed, just Italian...

Well, thank you for yet another word that means Spider for my eventual S.P.I.D.E.R. sourcebook.

The files are nice, but my cell phone can't see thoes files. Can you give me a rough rundown, in paragraph form, on each member?

As for a new member...

La Seta (The Silk) is a woman of hi fashion. She never wears the same outfit twice and is always considered a fashion plate. She is also a mutant with the ability to control cloth she touches. She can make cloth as strong as steel while keeping it flexible.

In the crime family, she controls the illegal counterfeit fashion trade. She has warehouses filled with pore people in slave labour, curning out fake Guici bags, Rolex watches, and more. They even make fake medicine. And rumor has it she is also the head pimp of the family. If a pimp does not pay her the share, she straightens her scarf and beats them with her 'pimp beating cane'.

The files are nice, but my cell phone can't see thoes files. Can you give me a rough rundown, in paragraph form, on each member?

As for a new member...

La Seta (The Silk) is a woman of hi fashion. She never wears the same outfit twice and is always considered a fashion plate. She is also a mutant with the ability to control cloth she touches. She can make cloth as strong as steel while keeping it flexible.

In the crime family, she controls the illegal counterfeit fashion trade. She has warehouses filled with pore people in slave labour, curning out fake Guici bags, Rolex watches, and more. They even make fake medicine. And rumor has it she is also the head pimp of the family. If a pimp does not pay her the share, she straightens her scarf and beats them with her 'pimp beating cane'.

Well they're just basic so far. Only Tarantula is close to having the sheet done.

I like the idea of La Seta. Makes me think of the Bolt from PS 238 webcomic. He had the powers to control clothe. Maybe like Marvel's Skein or Tatterdemalion??

Well they're just basic so far. Only Tarantula is close to having the sheet done.

I like the idea of La Seta. Makes me think of the Bolt from PS 238 webcomic. He had the powers to control clothe. Maybe like Marvel's Skein or Tatterdemalion??

Prehaps. She can control cloth touching her body, EVEN IF IT IS COVERING ANOTHER BODY. Marvel's Gypsy Moth also has cloth control powers.

Prehaps. She can control cloth touching her body, EVEN IF IT IS COVERING ANOTHER BODY. Marvel's Gypsy Moth also has cloth control powers.

I was going to say Gypsy Moth as well, but I guess she's now known as Skein according to wikipedia. Also reminds me of Oriental Adventures from AD&D where they had martial artist using the silken spear technique. 

• 6 months later...

One of the first two pictures of La Seta for use. The last two are not good for punch ups. It's like a no capes for the Incredibles.

The idea is that La Seta is a follower of hi fashion. It is hard to picture her sticking to one costume throughout her entire criminal career.