New Champions GM here, looking for advice :3

Jaanjiro

Whoops, I meant... who hired them? And why? Them as in the mercenaries and super villain (s).

​Well, if I end up deciding on the tech aspect, I'd have ARGENT hire a group of mercenaries to get a key element for a research, leaving breadcrumbs for the players to follow, reaching a lab or warehouse, where they will discover where to go next. I will try to keep it simple until we get used to the system.

I think there was some ARGENT stuff in the Monster Island book.

5th Edition Champions Universe, p.140 recommends using the standard VIPER agent as a template for ARGENT, then provides some sample equipment in the sidebars on p. 140-141.

I found some templates for a Viper agent and a general one in the books I have, I will take it from there, thanks!

I always tried to make my Organizations more unique.

VIPER use Energy Weapons and Supertechnology Vehicles.

ARGENT uses Emerging Advanced Technology like Munitions for Small Arms and Man Portable Artillary.

Leaving rival Organizations to purchase or copy their designs.

Heck it is even fun to use Retrotechnology Weapons creatively. Evil Organizations uses Nazi Super Science Weapons.

DEMON Agents are even more likely to use Magical Weapons that appear mundane, but are not what they seem.

The most important thing for a book or Organizations are the unique theme and feel of their Agents.

I agree, I'm not fond of crossover types of agencies, even if it makes sense there should be some.  Each one should be really distinct and unique with its own signature, so heroes can say "this looks like the work of VIPER" or be fooled by VIPER trying to lay something at the feet of DEMON.

I also agree :3 I will try to make each organization to stand out on their own, without overlaping them.

ARGENT is a master of teleportation technology. Also tech involving sending attacks to another dimension (at least partially). And there MO is to provide support to other criminals and organizations. There goles are science without limits and profit without limits. They are less likely to rob banks than to provide the weapons to rob banks. Another thing is that they are more likely to send out goons to do industrial and corporate espionage.

One of there rivals is Duchess Industries, which is secretly controlled by VIPER, one of there customers (hush...it's a secret). DI has there own security forces and also engages in Industrial and corporate espionage themselves.

I'm thinking on making them hire some group to steal what they need, that way they keep their hands "clean", and get to research and sell new tech, I may change this, still not sure :P Thanks!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic