No Concious Control variant cost

My current issue is that I was thinking of a werewolf character that can change shape at will, but loses his ability to control it under the full moon. I know some variants of it are given in the book, but not this idea in particular.

Obviously this is not worth the -2, but I am not sure what to value it at. -1/4 seems to make sense since it only happens for four days of the month, but considering it is losing control of a persistent power that drastically changes the character, I feel like maybe -1/2 might be more suitable.

Thoughts?

If I were pricing a limitation based on "not available when" or "not available unless", the question to me would be "how often do you want it to be an issue?"

If you take "Not in the vernal equinox when the Moon is in the Seventh House and Jupiter aligns with Mars" at -1/4, it ia going to come up - you told me you wanted your character challenged in that manner when you took the limitation.

If you decide your character is Vulnerable to Solar Powered Cold Weapons Weilded by Green and Purple Froglike Martians, the frequency you select tells me how much of the campaign will be subtitled "Invasion of The Green and Purple Froglike Martians Weilding Solar Powered Cold Weapons", and if you are Susceptible to Hammer Strikes by Octogenarian Norwegians, I just found the back story for your Hunted.

[Guess which of those two appeared on an actual character sheet back in the day...]

Assuming you don't want to go the obvious Accidental Change route (which you certainly don't have to), try it like this:

Buy the power with No Conscious Control.  (Let's say the total cost of the power without NCC is 120, and with NCC, it's 40.)

Then, as a separate "power" buy off the NCC, for however much it would cost, and put a Limitation on that "Not During a Full Moon".  (So it would cost 80 to buy off the NCC completely.  Then you put on the Limitation at -1/4 or -1/2 or whatever you decide it's worth, let's say it's -1/4, then this "Buy off NNC power" costs 80/1.25 = 64 points.)

\

If you decide your character is Vulnerable to Solar Powered Cold Weapons Weilded by Green and Purple Froglike Martians, the frequency you select tells me how much of the campaign will be subtitled "Invasion of The Green and Purple Froglike Martians Weilding Solar Powered Cold Weapons", and if you are Susceptible to Hammer Strikes by Octogenarian Norwegians, I just found the back story for your Hunted.

[Guess which of those two appeared on an actual character sheet back in the day...]

Both?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is Vulnerable to the Crab Cannon

At -2, in a No Concious Control, you can't pick your target or turn your power on it off (the GM controls it). At -1, you can either pick the target but can not control when the power activates, or can't pick the target but can control when.

As an option, at a -1/2 value, you can pick the target and control when the power activates, but once per adventure the GM has the right to have your power misfire, or activate beyond their control. At a -1/4 value, it is at most one every other adventure. At a -0 value, it happens so rarely that it might not even happen, or at most happens once or twice.