CON Stunned and Post-Phase12 Recovery

I believe the only reason a character would not receive a Post Phase 12 Recovery is if they can't breath.

edit

from 6e2 page 129:

POST-SEGMENT 12 RECOVERY
After Segment 12 each Turn, all characters (even Stunned ones) get a free Post-Segment 12 Recovery. This Recovery occurs automatically (unless the character’s holding his breath [see below] or is deeply unconscious). Characters get a Post-Segment 12 Recovery even if they’re taking damage from a Constant attack.

HM

Personally, in most campaigns, using my house rule (apparently you need this kind of preface): I require people to recover from being stunned before they can get a real recovery.  Further, I allow people to use their post-12 recovery to recover from being stunned, because of this rule.  Basically it makes really, REALLY hard hits knock you for a loop so bad it takes a little longer to get on your feet again.

I rank being Stunned as just a little worse than being Prone.  Any decent Martial Artist character can force an opponent to become Prone using a Martial Throw or Legsweep.  Now the target has just been "denied" the use of their next 1/2 Phase action that could normally be used for something like a Half Move for just getting up from being Prone.  Being Entangled is worse than being Prone but not as bad as being Stunned.  Both can be used to increase the odds of Stunning an opponent which itself is just a means to Knocking Out an opponent faster due to their reduced DCV and possibly defenses.  It's ALL related.

Without the option to Stun, some adversaries can present otherwise insurmountable problems.  Example: a character with high DEFenses and a high REC.  Stunning via coordinated fire is sometimes the only way to reduce their DCV so bigger attacks can actually get effective amounts of STUN damage past their defenses & recovery in a timely manner.

Example analogy on a different scale:

The Ion Cannon on Hoth essentially fired STUNNING shots at the Star Destroyer above.  The Rebels weren't trying to WIN the battle, they were fighting a delaying action to support the escape of the bulk of their forces in their transport ships.

HM