Best Draft  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Best Draft

• Natalya Maximov and friends vs. Caitlin Snow
    • Never Life. Never Death.
    • The Blue Ape Affair
    • If I only had a Braniac
    • Katana and friends vs Grandmaster
    • With Great Pairs Comes Great Responsibility!
    • With Six You Get Egg Fu
    • Can the Savage Avengers Free Wakanda?
    • Malevolent Apotheosis
    • The Siege of Pleasant Hill
    • Heroes on Ice!
  2. 2. Best "What happened to the heroes"

• Let us have a contest," said Thanos. "On neutral ground, so to speak: a plane where neither Life nor Death holds any dominion, now or ever. Only thus can such a contest be fair. But that means that the active contestants, those participating in the battle, also can be neither alive nor dead. You, cousin --" a nod to Astronomer -- "You are to observe, declare when the game is concluded, and who is the victorious side. "And the stakes? Oh, let us make it interesting. Your universe against mine. Winner take all. "I have my assistants ... yes, I am a combatant, because I am neither alive nor dead! You doubt me? I have offered myself to Death repeatedly, and She will not take me. Refused by Death, spurned by Life ... oh yes, I can be in this battle.  "So: Who can you find to send against me, hmm?"
    • The Red Ghost seeking to harness the powers of cosmic rays left in the body of the Blue Bolt and make more loyal super apes decides to kidnap the primates from the Idaville zoo and experiment on them. Cobalt Blue, with the warning of his cosmic awareness, and the aid of Lancelot Strong, creates the Blue Man Group to stop him. 
    • The Time Trapper and Brainiac have managed to imprison the other heroes (specifically the JLA) in the bottle City of Kandor. The Khund were used to draw the heroes out when the two major villains then took them down. Brainiac had stolen the city beforehand so it was easy for the Time Trapper to move it and him into a time and place when they could easily imprison the heroes. However this mucking about alerted the Legion who travelled back in time to the JLA satellite and they are working out who is responsible and how to deal with them
    • Well, Superman took his wife on vacation to another Earth... that's all, no sinister plot no evil scheme. the problem? His real message to his fill ins got intercepted by dumb luck, by none other than Foxbat himself! When Foxbat discovered that Mighty Endowed was about to take over the world, well, that was alarming, but when he found out she would do it by news and social media! He got horrified! She would get more hits on facebook and other things than him ! This could not be allowed! So, by creating 'fakes' he sent messages through space and time to alert as many lovely cleavage displaying superheroes he could that 'she' had been asked by Superman himself to please stand in and guard his city. this was used to distract and infuriate MIghty Endowed, particularly the GIANT superheroine who indeed dwarfed her! But how does it all end?
    • The Golden Gate Alliance has defended the city of San Francisco from a range of threats. They have faced everything from drug cartels to daring ninjas spine-chilling monsters. But they have never faced a threat like the insidious Egg Fu! The alien conqueror has spent years building a secret empire right here in the heart of the bay area. And it wasn’t even that hard! He discovered the allure that an alien being can have over the weak minded, and his cult today has influence all over the planet. Some of the biggest stars in Hollywood are proud “high priests” of Fu-ology! But the time has arrived for the hard-boiled leader to move out of the shadows and take his place as the undisputed ruler of the planet!To this end, he has amassed an army. He knows that, despite his massive influence, there will be some resistance once he comes full front. The strongest cultists have been equipped with the most advanced weaponry and been given the badge of the COBRA, Earth’s mightiest egg laying species!Egg Fu plans to create an invasion point out of the San Francisco Naval Shipyard and with Black Manta leading the way he just might do it! They have the manpower, they have the influence, they have the technology! Unfortunately for Egg Fu, the heroes Cloak & Dagger have stumbled upon his machinations. Without even knowing the full story, they have put the Alliance on alert.
    • Ultron has taken his ability to assimilate and control technology to a new level when he discovered the location of Wakanda. Now equipped with an army of vibranium war machines and Wakandan slaves, he prepares to launch another bid to conquer Earth, and the universe. If Ultron can't be stopped with the help of technology, can he be stopped at all?
    • For 17000 years, she has sought a way to become a goddess, a true Immortal. Now, at long last, she has the means to achieve the desire of her wicked heart. Through means as yet unexplained, she has obtained a weapon capable of killing a god: the Stone Knife of Jadis. With it, she intended to mortally wound a true Immortal and then drain his life essence, adding it to her own. This, she had determined, would finally elevate her to godhood. Having obtained the Knife, she just needed a victim. So, with the promise of great power as her own High Priestess when she ascends, Selene enlisted Tala to help her in her scheme. Using an ancient arcane ritual, they banished many of the most powerful people in the world to another Realm. Tala knew that such an act would attract the attention of the Phantom Stranger, her longtime nemisis. As though on cue, the Phantom Stranger made his way to Themyscira to investigate. There, the two sorceresses ambushed and managed to subdue him. They have now prepared an elaborate sacrificial rite in which Tala will use her powers to keep him bound, while Selene strikes the mortal blow with the Knife. (Neither trusts the other, of course. Tala intends to let Selene begin the ritual and then siphon the power away for herself. Selene, on the other hand plans to celebrate her ascension by making Tala her first divine sacrifice.) The ancient prohibitions against men still firmly in place, a group of the most powerful female spellcasters in the world will have to make their way to Themyscira and try to stop Selene and Tala before they can complete their abominable ritual. Will they succeed?
    • The Siege Perilous wound up in the city of Pleasant Hill as a way to continue to keep super villains at bay. Undercover SHIELD Agent Willie Lumpkin is here as a mailman and he has a connection to a group of young female heroes, led by Ms. Marvel, to protect the artifact. The Master, wanting the artifact for himself, was able to summon Godzilla and sent the King of Monsters on a rampage into Pleasant Hill, forcing Ms. Marvel to call together her team of Mary Marvel, Shuri (whose technology is behind the reformed Pleasant Hill), Lyja (who lives in the city undercover as human), Miss Martian (same) and Molly Hayes.
    • Spawn has bonded with the Soul Stone, and used it in conjunction with some powerful rituals, capturing most of his powerful enemies on earth in one swoop. All earths most powerful heroes went into the soul stone too, as by-catch. Spawn thinks this was worth it, and is opposing anyone trying to free any of his captives.

Thanks to everybody who participated in this superdraft. Sorry I fell apart at the end there.

Pick three on each.

Rosters

Bazza

Title: Can the Savage Avengers Free Wakanda?

Hero: Natalya Maximoff, Scarlet Witch (9)

Hero: Kate Bishop, Hawkeye (495)

Hero: Zarda, Power Princess (260)

Hero: Angelica Jones, Firestar (755)

Hero: Julie Power, Lightspeed (455)

Hero: Silver Sable (326)

Option: Thor Girl (88)

Option: Casket of Ancient Winters (21)

Option: Female Furies

Villain: Caitlin Snow, Killer Frost (128)

Cancer

Title: Never Life. Never Death.

Hero: The Spectre, DC, (995)

Hero:  Deadman, DC, (678)

Hero:  Resurrection Man, DC, (79)

Hero:  Kid Eternity, DC, (150)

Hero:  Skurge the Executioner, Marvel, (260)

Hero:  NoMan, Tower, (79)

Option: Legion of Dead Heroes (11)

Option: Astronomer (17)

Option: Solomon Grundy (536)

Villain: Thanos, Marvel, 953 

csyphrett

Title: The Blue Ape Affair

Hero: Lancelot Strong, The Shield (200)

Hero: Ted Kord, Blue Beetle (744)

Hero: Dan Cassidy, the Blue Devil (327)

Hero: Blue Diamond (45)

Hero: Bluestreak

Hero: Blue Bolt

Option: Blue (daughter of Nightcrawler) 89

Option: Cobalt Blue

Option: Blue Fox

Villain: Red Ghost

death tribble

Title: If I only had a Brainiac

Hero: Mon El (702)

Hero: Shadow Lass (466)

Hero: Phantom Girl (637)

Hero: Ultra Boy (703)

Hero: Dream Girl (375)

Hero: Star Boy (541)

Option: Bottle City of Kandor

Option: The Khund

Option: Brainiac (985)

Villain: Time Trapper

Dr. MID-Nite

Title:

Hero: Katana (681)

Hero: Gladiator (806)

Hero: Riri Williams, Ironheart (106)

Hero: Will O' The Wisp (68)

Hero: The Enchantress (293)

Hero: Moondragon (596)

Option:

Option:

Option: Squadron Sinister (59)

Villain: Grandmaster (169)

Hermit

Title: With Great Pairs Comes Great Responsibility!

Hero: Fire, Beatriz da Costa (510)

Hero: Dawnstar (331)

Hero: Jennifer Morgan, Daughter of the Warlord  (93)

Hero: Garganta (36)

Hero: Miss Victory (199)

Hero: Artemis of Bana Mighda (275 issues)

Option: A.R.G.U.S. (137 appearances)

Option: Foxbat is victorious as the heroines discover the plot, overcome ARGUS's forces, get to Mighty Endowed, and stop her before she can bimboozle the world into worshiping her! (At least the male half) ...but the heroines take some mixed amusement during the event Foxbat himself is transformed by the Multiversial powers of trademark and Copyright demands into the Flying Fox, and becomes a woman herself Before she is hauled off to the dimension of comic books that are only one or two levels above cheesy soft core fan fiction

Option: Mighty EndowedVillain: Foxbat (23)

Logan.1179

Title: With Six You Get Egg Fu

Hero: Robotman (515)

Hero: Booster Gold (802)

Hero: Cloak (737)

Hero: Dagger (686)

Hero: Namorita (495)

Hero: Groot (588)

Option: Pied Piper (254)

Option: Cobra! (837)

Option: Black Manta! (417)

Villain: Egg Fu (104)

What happened:

Old Man

Title:

Hero: Tigra (888)

Hero: Swamp Thing (719)

Hero: Shanna the She-Devil (391)

Hero: Cheetah (473)

Hero: Devil Dinosaur  (290)

Hero: Skaar (242)

Option: Squirrel Girl (345)

Option: MechaGodzilla

Option:

Villain: Ultron (693)

Pariah

Title: Malevolent Apotheosis

Hero: Talisman (179)

Hero: White Witch (178)

Hero: Isis (93)

Hero: Karnilla, the Norn Queen (218)

Hero: Nico Minoru (278)

Hero: Amanda Sefton (417)

Option: The Phantom Stranger (706)

Option: Tala (25)

Option: The Stone Knife

Villain: Selene (532)

Psybolt

Title: The Siege of Pleasant Hill

Hero: Kamala Khan aka Ms. Marvel (404)

Hero: Shuri (221 issues)

Hero: Mary Marvel (680)

Hero: Lyja the Skrull (221)

Hero: Miss Martian (272)

Hero: Molly Hayes (296)

Option: Willie Lumpkin (174)

Option: Siege Perilous

Option: The Maker (391)

Villain: Giodzilla (289)

Sociotard

Title: Heroes on Ice!

Hero: Rom Space Knight (219)

Hero: Johan Kraus (154)

Hero: Amanda Waller (734)

Hero: Red Sonja (652)

Hero: Savage Dragon (467)

Hero: Shadowman (187)

Option: Witchblade, bonded to Sonja

Option: WildC.A.T.s (316)

Option: Soul Stone

Villain: Al Simmons, Spawn (626)

What Happened to the Heroes:

Cancer

What happened: Let us have a contest," said Thanos.  "On neutral ground, so to speak: a plane where neither Life nor Death holds any dominion, now or ever.  Only thus can such a contest be fair. But that means that the active contestants, those participating in the battle, also can be neither alive nor dead.  You, cousin --" a nod to Astronomer -- "You are to observe, declare when the game is concluded, and who is the victorious side.

"And the stakes?  Oh, let us make it interesting.  Your universe against mine. Winner take all.

"I have my assistants ... yes, I am a combatant, because I am neither alive nor dead!  You doubt me? I have offered myself to Death repeatedly, and She will not take me.  Refused by Death, spurned by Life ... oh yes, I can be in this battle.

"So: Who can you find to send against me, hmm?"

csyphrett

What happened: The Red Ghost seeking to harness the powers of cosmic rays left in the body of the Blue Bolt and make more loyal super apes decides to kidnap the primates from the Idaville zoo and experiment on them. Cobalt Blue, with the warning of his cosmic awareness, and the aid of Lancelot Strong, creates the Blue Man Group to stop him.

death tribble

What happened: The Time Trapper and Brainiac have managed to imprison the other heroes (specifically the JLA) in the bottle City of Kandor. The Khund were used to draw the heroes out when the two major villains then took them down. Brainiac had stolen the city beforehand so it was easy for the Time Trapper to move it and him into a time and place when they could easily imprison the heroes. However this mucking about alerted the Legion who travelled back in time to the JLA satellite and they are working out who is responsible and how to deal with them

Hermit

What happened:     Well, Superman took his wife on vacation to another Earth... that's all, no sinister plot no evil scheme. the problem? His real message to his fill ins got intercepted by dumb luck, by none other than Foxbat himself! When Foxbat discovered that Mighty Endowed was about to take over the world, well, that was alarming, but when he found out she would do it by news and social media! He got horrified! She would get more hits on facebook and other things than him ! This could not be allowed!

So, by creating 'fakes' he sent messages through space and time to alert as many lovely cleavage displaying superheroes he could that 'she' had been asked by Superman himself to please stand in and guard his city.  this was used to distract and infuriate MIghty Endowed, particularly the GIANT superheroine who indeed dwarfed her! But how does it all end?

Logan.1179

The Golden Gate Alliance has defended the city of San Francisco from a range of threats. They have faced everything from drug cartels to daring ninjas spine-chilling monsters. But they have never faced a threat like the insidious Egg Fu! The alien conqueror has spent years building a secret empire right here in the heart of the bay area. And it wasn’t even that hard! He discovered the allure that an alien being can have over the weak minded, and his cult today has influence all over the planet. Some of the biggest stars in Hollywood are proud “high priests” of Fu-ology! But the time has arrived for the hard-boiled leader to move out of the shadows and take his place as the undisputed ruler of the planet!

To this end, he has amassed an army. He knows that, despite his massive influence, there will be some resistance once he comes full front. The strongest cultists have been equipped with the most advanced weaponry and been given the badge of the COBRA, Earth’s mightiest egg laying species!

Egg Fu plans to create an invasion point out of the San Francisco Naval Shipyard and with Black Manta leading the way he just might do it! They have the manpower, they have the influence, they have the technology! Unfortunately for Egg Fu, the heroes Cloak & Dagger have stumbled upon his machinations. Without even knowing the full story, they have put the Alliance on alert.

Old Man

What happened: Ultron has taken his ability to assimilate and control technology to a new level when he discovered the location of Wakanda.  Now equipped with an army of vibranium war machines and Wakandan slaves, he prepares to launch another bid to conquer Earth, and the universe.  If Ultron can't be stopped with the help of technology, can he be stopped at all?

Pariah

What happened:     For 17000 years, she has sought a way to become a goddess, a true Immortal. Now, at long last, she has the means to achieve the desire of her wicked heart. Through means as yet unexplained, she has obtained a weapon capable of killing a god: the Stone Knife of Jadis. With it, she intended to mortally wound a true Immortal and then drain his life essence, adding it to her own. This, she had determined, would finally elevate her to godhood.

Having obtained the Knife, she just needed a victim. So, with the promise of great power as her own High Priestess when she ascends, Selene enlisted Tala to help her in her scheme. Using an ancient arcane ritual, they banished many of the most powerful people in the world to another Realm. Tala knew that such an act would attract the attention of the Phantom Stranger, her longtime nemisis.

As though on cue, the Phantom Stranger made his way to Themyscira to investigate. There, the two sorceresses ambushed and managed to subdue him. They have now prepared an elaborate sacrificial rite in which Tala will use her powers to keep him bound, while Selene strikes the mortal blow with the Knife.

(Neither trusts the other, of course. Tala intends to let Selene begin the ritual and then siphon the power away for herself. Selene, on the other hand plans to celebrate her ascension by making Tala her first divine sacrifice.)

The ancient prohibitions against men still firmly in place, a group of the most powerful female spellcasters in the world will have to make their way to Themyscira and try to stop Selene and Tala before they can complete their abominable ritual. Will they succeed?

Psybolt

What happened: The Siege Perilous wound up in the city of Pleasant Hill as a way to continue to keep super villains at bay.  Undercover SHIELD Agent Willie Lumpkin is here as a mailman and he has a connection to a group of young female heroes, led by Ms. Marvel, to protect the artifact.  The Master, wanting the artifact for himself, was able to summon Godzilla and sent the King of Monsters on a rampage into Pleasant Hill, forcing Ms. Marvel to call together her team of Mary Marvel, Shuri (whose technology is behind the reformed Pleasant Hill), Lyja (who lives in the city undercover as human), Miss Martian (same) and Molly Hayes.  

Sociotard

What happened: Spawn has bonded with the Soul Stone, and used it in conjunction with some powerful rituals, capturing most of his powerful enemies on earth in one swoop. All earths most powerful heroes went into the soul stone too, as by-catch. Spawn thinks this was worth it, and is opposing anyone trying to free any of his captives.