Snatch & go Flyby

Rebar

I want to design a flyer who can fly in,  grab an opponent and carry them off to be dropped on a rooftop or in a garbage bin.

So, I've got 20 inches of flight, and somewhere along that path is an opponent. If I do a full move, I can be 20 inches from my starting location, carrying a baddie.

Can this be done as a single phase maneuver? Does it require building a whole weird power, or is there a combination of simple power and maneuvers I could use? (like a move-through & grab, or Martial thingy).

Doing it in 2 phases is trivial, of course: half-move-&-attack followed by another move.

It's called a standard maneuver called a Grab-By (basically a Move-By combined with a Grab).  See 6E2:67 or CC:150.

Edit to add:  I noted you're talking about inches of movement, which makes me wonder whether you're using 5th edition.  If so, I'm not sure whether Grab By was a standard maneuver in 5E.  However, the 6E / CC Grab By is just a single maneuver combining the Move-By and Grab modifiers (-2 OCV / -2 DCV and -1 OCV / -2 DCV respectively, for a final -3 OCV / -4 DCV).  It seems straightforward enough to do the same for 5E as well.

49 minutes ago, JmOz said:

If you are playing 5th...you could always do the gliding exploit

"Wings"

40 point MP

20" Flight

40" Gliding

If your playing 6ed, you don't need the Gliding export. The power can, at default, let anyone glide for no endurance cost. Still, your giving up maneuverability and are constantly falling (in a controlled way) till you pay END.

4 hours ago, Rebar said:

So would I, if the limit weren't 40AP. ?

Well, since you get 12m of Running for free with the base character, you only need to spend 38 AP to buy 38m of running to get a grand total of 50m … while remaining 2CP under the 40AP cap. 

No sploits needed! :)

17 hours ago, Surrealone said:

Well, since you get 12m of Running for free with the base character, you only need to spend 38 AP to buy 38m of running to get a grand total of 50m … while remaining 2CP under the 40AP cap. 

No sploits needed! :)

Flying. Not running. ?