Need Regen advice

TaxiMan

How do you design an ability to regenerate that isn't always available? Is there a problem with Regeneration being Persistent? More specifically, I have a molten character (T1000) that can regenerate if he becomes an insensate puddle. After regenerating, he's totally wiped out.

Thanks! The Side Effect and Limited (Only When Puddle) sound like the right thing to do. I was distracted by Increased END (to model being wiped out), but that would have cost END all the time. And Multiform seems TOO creative, though being "hosed" isn't a concern - he's supposed to get into situations where Regen isn't feasible (at least, not until he gets some "quiet time").

So what limitation would Side Effect: 0 STUN & 0 END be for this? It'd take about a minute to fully recover, after healing up in a pseudo-coma. Essentially, it's the same as "only usable out of combat". In a Supers game that sounds like -1/2, since Regen is pretty useful in a fight. But, since it takes a while to Regen anyway (maybe longer than most fights?) I could see it as -0 even!

What limitation would you give this Side Effect?

One of the oddities of the way Regen is now modeled is that due to the heavy modifiers already on it, adding more modifiers has very little effect on the final cost. So, modeling your Regen like this is more of a flavor thing than a points saver unless you have a lot of Regeneration (at least 5 Body or so).

I like that puddle idea...I'm going to abscond with it.

Multiform Puddle

Reversion...no useful characteristics...fluidic Desol....some defense against things the Desol doesn't shield from...and a big pile of Regeneration...

Let's see, we can leave the STUN and END totals at base, or make them real big. Real big may be better, and then apply physical limitations for "Puddle", give the form no REC...and follow that by Susceptible to Existing for a few dice...when the form shifts back, the END and STUN loss come with it and wipe out the main form...hmmmm. I like it.

Except it will revert when wiped out...better choice may be to put the rider on the Multiform...character has 1 STUN and 1 END after Multiforming, and perhaps an automatic shift on the puddle form.

My players smashed the T-101 during the first gaming session...it's about time GENOCIDE upgraded the opposition.