Druid/ranger humor?

Ragitsu

I am more interested in comedy revolving around the former fantasy archetype, but quips and jests revolving around the latter are welcome as well. You see, there is going to be a druid NPC in this campaign that I am creating and I so desperately wish to break away - in this instance, anyhow - from the stodgy humorless hermit standby.

Druids protect the wilderness against the encroachment of civilization and Rangers are protectors of civilization who battle the encroachment of the wilderness (or, more specifically, the destructive and undeniably evil elements of the wilderness...perhaps simply the sentient/sapient threats that lurk within). Barring the extremists ("Nature: red in tooth and claw."), both advocate for varying degrees of coexistence. As such, the NPC I have in mind may be minorly disillusioned with the viability of teaching a cooperative spirit to the nearby settlement, but he can still be persuaded to provide aid if the PCs are crafty plus persistent enough.

druid_by_katemaxpaint_d3ggxi0-fullview.j

First thing I thought of was Radagast from the recent Hobbit trilogy. Animals all around him, making messes on his clothes or domicile. His home looking like a more faunally-diverse version of the crazy cat-lady's home. One or more foul-mouthed talking birds. Mobile plants with attitude and aggressiveness. A dryad who's an ex-lover, making consultations or requests for help from her fraught with domestic squabbling.

I'll give it some more thought.

23 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

First thing I thought of was Radagast from the recent Hobbit trilogy. Animals all around him, making messes on his clothes or domicile. His home looking like a more faunally-diverse version of the crazy cat-lady's home. One or more foul-mouthed talking birds. Mobile plants with attitude and aggressiveness. A dryad who's an ex-lover, making consultations or requests for help from her fraught with domestic squabbling.

I'll give it some more thought.

Examples from tabletop gaming campaigns and fiction in general are equally welcome.

Edit: Allow me be clear: I don't expect Mr. Druid to have stumbled out of a Three Stooges skit. This fellow is in possession of a definite sense of humor while still having his act together...for the most part.

Edit #2: I think a touch of hypocrisy might add some much-needed color. Perhaps this steward of nature favors something only civilization produces?

22 hours ago, Ragitsu said:

Edit #2: I think a touch of hypocrisy might add some much-needed color. Perhaps this steward of nature favors something only civilization produces?

Just from the picture above it seems almost all elements are man-made and dressed up to look Naturey.

Metal Cauldron, glass bottles everywhere, scrolls, cloth wrapped around his druid stick with the magic stone added.  He's wearing cloth and stitched leather.  The leather and the cloth are both embellished with Celtic themed art.

The only elements that look like genuine nature are the background (perhaps a home inside a tree?).

Maybe he likes the technology of civilization just a little too much.

48 minutes ago, ScottishFox said:

Just from the picture above it seems almost all elements are man-made and dressed up to look Naturey.

Metal Cauldron, glass bottles everywhere, scrolls, cloth wrapped around his druid stick with the magic stone added.  He's wearing cloth and stitched leather.  The leather and the cloth are both embellished with Celtic themed art.

The only elements that look like genuine nature are the background (perhaps a home inside a tree?).

Maybe he likes the technology of civilization just a little too much.

That is merely a sample image and not the druid I have in mind.

1 hour ago, tkdguy said:

The main purpose of having a druid in your party is having him summon animals for target practice. :eg: 

I imagine that the druid you crack that joke towards would be all too happy to prepare your bed for the night...a bed of myriapods, arachnids and assorted insects. If they're feeling acutely magnanimous, they'll spare you from the venomous varieties.