Pulp Hero, after looking it over

buzz

Re: Pulp Hero, after looking it over

Woo Hoo! Finally got mine in the mail, yesterday.

Even though I already had downloaded the PDF and was well on my way to world designing, there is something so much more satisfying about turning the pages of a book. (Not to mention the secret decoder ring.:D )

Great job Steve.:thumbup:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to throw another "nicely done" out. The book is terrific. You can tell it's a labor of love. Love the timeline, love the maps, love the crunchy detail about costs of travel and whatnot. Short of including a 1935 Sears catalog, you did a very nice job. You really outdid yourself and it's appreciated.

I've been able to go through it more closely, mostly the rules bits so far, and my assessment still stands. If I wanted to nitpick, I'd say PH could have used a stronger campaign-types section, with more than a couple paragraphs devoted to each subject. But it's a pretty minor nitpick. Anyway, who's starting the next HeroCentral PH game?

Salud!

Hi, this is my first post. I've just received Pulp Hero and it is... amazing. It's thick, it's utterly useful... The pulp illos are great...

I'm looking forward to the first PH books.

Good job!

Now, If DoJ did the same to the Victorian Era, I'd be a very happy Kraken. :)

this is an amazing book. glance through it briefly and was impressed with maps and art (too bad you dont have inked versions of the full page ones :( )

love the chronology and i love the fact that i can use it for other games set in that era (specifically 1920s Cthulhu), but now i can maybe do a more heroic (ala REH Mythos heroes v HPL's) with the Pulp System

Anyone ever read "Skullface" by REH?

I haven't run a non-superhero game using HERO yet, but i am excited to try, though im a bit confused about the rules on equipment and gadgets. do you pay for everything with character points like in a Champions game?

• 2 weeks later...

Salud!

Hi, this is my first post. I've just received Pulp Hero and it is... amazing. It's thick, it's utterly useful... The pulp illos are great...

I'm looking forward to the first PH books.

Good job!

Now, If DoJ did the same to the Victorian Era, I'd be a very happy Kraken. :)

Well we DON'T want an unhappy Kraken do we ? Unless of course one is planning to run an adventure in which ships are disappearing and tales of a sea monster are being put forth to explain it !

I haven't run a non-superhero game using HERO yet' date=' but i am excited to try, though im a bit confused about the rules on equipment and gadgets. do you pay for everything with character points like in a Champions game?[/quote']

As the default, no. Normal equipment that anyone can have is bought with whatever money the characters possess, or given to them from whatever other source the GM considers appropriate. What's available to any given character is a matter of common sense and GM preference.

It's nice to see the art take a step up from recent releases as well' date=' even if much of it is reused. Still, there are some good new pieces; who did the pics of most of Randall's Heroes? "M. Calderas"? [/quote']

Hi everybody

Buzz, I think the name you are looking for is M. Calderon G. ;)

It's me who made Randall, Liz, Hamilton and some other for Pulp Hero.

I'm glad you enjoy the book. :)

Greetings

Manuel Calderón

http://www.mcalderong.com

• 1 year later...

Then please forward my congratulations. :);)

I poke in here once in a very, very blue moon :sneaky:

I'm doing a brief thread necro just because this isn't worth starting a whole thread over ... In response to occasional questions I've had about it, I've added a short section to my FAQ re which (teensy tiny) portions of Pulp Hero were mine. The rest is of that beautiful monster is all Steve (well, actually, some of most of the _beautiful_ parts of the beautiful monster are by Keith Curtis)! :thumbup:

My FAQ is at: http://www.io.com/~sjohn/faq.htm

Hope everyone has a groovy New Year!