Sanity Check on Captain America Shield Clone

segerge

Building a Mighty Shield for a United Kingdom Super Soldier Programme superhero in 5e, and would like constructive comments and critiques on the following design...

(Complain to me and I can provide a format that doesn't require Hero Designer to view)

Thanks in advance

Captain America Shield Clone.hdc

Assume 35 STR and Martial Arts for slots 5 and 6.

I took a look at the build for the shield and I have to ask as far as the damage being done is:  Who are you hitting?  That's a schwack load of damage.  With the lower end of number 5 you have 67 stun being done.   That will knock out a lot of people in one hit, and Con Stunning a lot more who will be taken out in another hit or two, while they are still Con stunned from the second hit.   The Area Effect HtHA will certainly take out any thug or agent level character in the way,  and could really hurt a fair number of villain teams. 

If you are creating a solo hero who could take Dr Destroyer in 4-5 Hits, then this works on an offensive level.   Not sure what the character's defenses / constitution are so I don't know how good the 14 pd/ed will be in helping him not get killed by said master villain, but over all it's fairly decent. (Not that the good Doctor would stick around to get KOed.)

The Missile Deflection /Reflection slots look good, with enough Skill bonuses to give the character a good while before his skill rolls become far too low to keep rolling to Deflect attacks.

I also like the Area Effect Sweep of the HtHA,  its a much easier way than the actual Sweep maneuver for this type of thing.  I do have to ask why there is no Ranged AoE attack, ala the bouncing shield effect, unless the AoE Sweep is actually that as well, then never mind.

On a personal note I've been reading your Task Force stories and have been really enjoying them.  I do wish your website had the character sheets attached, the links given for said sheets just lead back to the character page, unless I'm missing something.

Not sure what your building this for, but it would never be allowed in any game with my group.  The damage is way too high for most games.  Capitan America was a good fighter, but never did that kind of damage.  He usually fought smarter than his opponents and did not rely on massive damage taking them down.  If this is the power level of your group then it may be ok, but to me this looks way over the top.

On 3/23/2021 at 10:45 PM, segerge said:

Building a Mighty Shield for a United Kingdom Super Soldier Programme superhero in 5e, and would like constructive comments and critiques on the following design...

(Complain to me and I can provide a format that doesn't require Hero Designer to view)

Thanks in advance

Captain America Shield Clone.hdc 37.48 kB · 10 downloads

Assume 35 STR and Martial Arts for slots 5 and 6.

Complain. Okay, can I get a diff format? :)