The Subterranean Fortress

wcw43921

Here It Is!

Why would your superhero or arch-villain build a secret hideaway somewhere remote, when he could have it right in suburbia? About the only thing this place lacks is vehicle access, but that's easily rectified with a teleportation chamber, or something like that.

Anyway, I present this as inspiration. Knock yourselves out.

subterrainian fortress

It's a cool idea. With my character Scorpius, I built an underground base. He was an ultraintelligent scientist, so the base had huge labs too. I built an automaton as his personal assistant. It looked like one of the Shadow from Babylon 5. I gave him the skill: AK: NYC Subterrainia, so he'd know his way around underground. I also built a 2 person "bullet train", on old abandoned subway tunnels. It wasn't a perfect fix, but he could get to any part of the city within 5 or 6 turns. Oh, on a nostaglic note, I roleplayed the use of "Danco" into the purchase of the base's various parts. If anyone remembers "Danco" built Turtle Armor. This is a pic of that character, also posted on "Superhero Images", pg. 73

attachment.php?postid=168767

Originally posted by Kevin Scrivner

If you installed a freight elevator in the above-ground garage, would that solve the vehicle problem without compromising security and safety?

In a superhero campaign, absolutely. It would take some heavy-duty hydraulics to open and close the blast door you'd need, but it's entirely feasible.

For real life, I don't know. They posted photos of the underground, but no floor plans. As for a freight elevator, I would think that would take a team of elevator mechanics to install, whereas according to the site, the builder excavated the space and finished it by himself over fourteen years.

(Probably didn't see a need for underground vehicle storage, anyway.)

Its the FoxBat Lair!

Although he probably has a gigantic Xmas light display of himself, the mailbox label reads The FoxBat, and he slinks in and out in the oh so inconspicuous fedora pulled low, trenchcoat and dark glasses with fake beard, certain the neighbors will never notice.

Originally posted by Mayday

Its the FoxBat Lair!

Although he probably has a gigantic Xmas light display of himself, the mailbox label reads The FoxBat, and he slinks in and out in the oh so inconspicuous fedora pulled low, trenchcoat and dark glasses with fake beard, certain the neighbors will never notice.

COL, good one, Mayday.

Neat pad.