How do I build a mental power that acts through remote sensors?

MistWing

I remember reading a science fiction series where the protagonist can use his telekinesis through a closed circuit TV system.  That got me thinking, how would I build a mental power like telepathy through such a system?  The complication lies in the fact that telepathy uses LOS and LOS can't act that way.  The only way I could think of to do this is a Range Modifier limitation with a No Range Modifier advantage.  However, Range advantages and limitations aren't suppose to be used on a single power.  While I know you can always override that, I was wondering if there is a more 'rules friendly' method

Thanks

The closed circuit TV is basically a bulky OAF Clairvoyance unit which can be used by anyone to scry particular fixed locations.

So it could be argued that not being able to use mental powers through it is a limitation. :D 

But that's probably a little too "rules friendly" for your purposes....

As part of the Telepathy Power, buy a Targeting Sense with as much range as you need (Spatial Awareness?), then limit it as "Only Through Closed Circuit TV" or whatever you want, and "Only To Establish LOS For Telepathy".

As a character can establish LOS with Targeting Senses other than Sight (6E1, 148) this provides a RAW legal method.

52 minutes ago, Grailknight said:

Buy a Linked Mind Scan that only works through remote sensors. It's fairly inexpensive and perfectly rules compliant.

I'm kind of torn on this.  One one hand, it's cleaner than my suggestion and I like that.  OTOH, you need to succeed with an MCV Attack roll and then roll > target's EGO on the effect dice and that feels wrong to me.

(I will note that as Mind Scan is a Sense, Grailknight and I are doing minor variations on the same theme.  Great minds... 😁 )