Organizations Question

marediv

14 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

Personally, I don't define any group of agents, however large, as an "organization" in the classic Champions sense, if they only serve the ambitions of some mastermind villain. For me an organization has a purpose and a structure which can persist even if the leader is taken out. For example, Doctor Destroyer has a literal army of agents, but they exist only to serve his ambition. There is no command hierarchy other than those he appoints, there is no agenda to be followed except his own. Over the years it was believed DD was dead, many of his followers drifted off to other activities. Mechanon's robots, King Cobra's COIL mutates, the Warlord's Shadow Army, are creations and extensions of the mastermind who leads them.

VIPER is led by the Supreme Serpent, but there have been multiple SS over the group's history. DEMON was spawned by Luther Black to fulfill his epic ambition, but its higher-ranking members all have ambitions and goals of their own. The Circle of the Scarlet Moon and the Cult of the Red Banner have persisted for centuries, through many turnovers in leadership.

Your not wrong Lord Liaden. There are "agents" then there is "the organization", "the business", "the family".

Lots of great mentions of lots of interesting organizations, masterminds, and agents.

And no mention of that gkorious day the all united forces to blow CLOWN completely out of the timeline and into an ignoble non-existence.

Seems they built a time machine and slowly and painfully murdered each of their great-great grandparents as children just to sure CLOWN couls never actually happen.

At first, they thought "I know we are villains, but we can't just murder innocent children--!"

Then they met CLOWN and thought "quickly enough.  We cannot murder innocent children quickly enough!"

To this day, the team they left behind travels up and down the timeline, looking for any possible traces of CLOWN.  When even a single hint arrises that someone might still somehow bring CLOWN into existence, that someone's great-great grandparents are reduce to smouldering carbon in nano-seconds.

It's a horrifying job, exhausting, physically and mentally, but the one thing that all agree on is that it will never not be worth it.

That was the best organization supplement _ever_!

I cant believe no one mentioned it yet...

12 minutes ago, Duke Bushido said:

And no mention of that gkorious day the all united forces to blow CLOWN completely out of the timeline and into an ignoble non-existence.

That wasn't an organization. That was a work of one man. And CLOWN was only one casualty of his sinister work.

12 minutes ago, Duke Bushido said:

t's a horrifying job, exhausting, physically and mentally, but the one thing that all agree on is that it will never not be worth it.

That was the best organization supplement _ever_!

I cant believe no one mentioned it yet...

Mostly because it again was the work of one man. One man with his time machine pen who struck out many a hero and villain from existence on behalf of and a paycheck for others. This Long fellow may be the most evil supervillain and superassassin in existence. 

18 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Trying to get rid of unwanted quote boxes may kill me...

Almost every book we named on this thread as detailing organizations has full write-ups for their agents. Master villains in CV Vol. 1 have at least some of their agents game-statted. Books focused on specific orgs describe a range of agent types at great length.

The Champions Universe world setting book includes character sheets and backgrounds for a few agent types from VIPER and DEMON.

1 hour ago, Lord Liaden said:

Almost every book we named on this thread as detailing organizations has full write-ups for their agents. Master villains in CV Vol. 1 have at least some of their agents game-statted. Books focused on specific orgs describe a range of agent types at great length.

And that is why we need a Champions Villains Volume 4, so we can have agent writeups all in one place. It makes for an easier place to look than 3/4th the entire library of books.

1 hour ago, Lord Liaden said:

The Champions Universe world setting book includes character sheets and backgrounds for a few agent types from VIPER and DEMON.

I would recommend the book. If not just for the agent writeups, for the big 411 on Champions Universe history.