Jonathan Archer (Enterprise)  Rank:  CAPTAIN

Gabriel Lorca (Discovery)  Rank:  CAPTAIN

Saru (Discovery)  Rank:  CAPTAIN

Michael Burnham (Discovery)  Rank:  CAPTAIN

Carol Freeman (Lower Decks)  Rank:  CAPTAIN

Dal R'El (Prodigy)  Rank:  CAPTAIN

Christopher Pike (Strange New Worlds)  Rank:  CAPTAIN

Okay, my thoughts.

1. Christopher Pike. He's a boy scout. ("It's in your file, sir.") He respects and listens to his crew, but there's no question who's in charge. He's the guy Starfleet should have on their recruiting posters.

2. Jean-Luc Picard. Starfleet's quintessential Renaissance man. Intelligent, decisive, and well-informed. Firm, but compassionate. Absolutely committed to doing what's right to the best of his ability. 

3. Benjamin Sisko. A different kind of Captain for all different kinds of situations. Initially reluctant as both a commanding officer and a spiritual leader, he grows (painfully at times) into both roles.  Maybe the most passionate of the Captains so far.

4. James T. Kirk. All other Captains are ultimately compared to him, and for good reason. Smarter, more contemplative, and less impulsive than you may remember. And always a hit with the ladies, as was fitting for the era.

5. Gabriel Lorca. As a tactician, motivator, and military general, Lorca is unmatched among his peers. Sure, he's not what everyone thought he was, but he was the best part of the first season of Discovery. When I think of Jason Isaacs, I think of Lorca, not Malfoy.

6. Kathryn Janeway. I really want to rank her higher than this, because when she was written well, she was very, very good. But that didn't happen often enough, as the writers seemingly had no clear idea who Captain Janeway should really be. But she gets a bump up due to her appearance (after a fashion) on Prodigy

7. Jonathan Archer. Much like Janeway, but moreso. The idea of Archer as Starfleet's First Captain was a great concept, but the execution was hit-or-miss at best. 

8. Michael Burnham. Her redemption arc is one of the more ambitious and creative stories in the Trek franchise, but frankly I find her more interesting when she's not the Captain. 

9. Saru. Competent, but not compelling. He was a designated placeholder the moment he took the center chair.

10. Dal R'El. He's an interesting character and has demonstrated flashes of leadership potential, but he's just not Captain material yet. Maybe after another season or two.

0. Carol Freeman. I can't really rate her, because I haven't seen any of the series.