Hoplite Spears

assault

The late great Aaron Allston provided updated clarifications and stats to Fourth Edition Hero System for a range of things from his classic Mythic Greece: The Age of Heroes campaign source book. I'll attach the text file below: weapon stats are about two-thirds of the way down. That might help.

EDIT: The file is slightly larger than the forums will let me attach, so I just put the equipment stats and explanations into a separate file.

MG equipment.TXT

14 minutes ago, assault said:

I missed the relevant section in Age of Heroes, for some reason. Brain failure, basically.

The updated version is handy. Thanks, LL.

There's still the oddity that the main weapon of an Ancient Greek army (Long Spear) has a 15 Str Min. I guess I will use Short Spear instead.

That does sound odd since (well its Wikipedia) is listed as weighing 2-4 lbs and 8 ft long. But remember in 4th you calculated STR min by ACT pt and if you wanted it lower you had to buy and Advantage. Also, he might’ve considered that the average player would be 15 STR. I’d just lower the STR min myself.