All or Nothing

In the Hero Rules section, Clippy Clop asked

Would it be possible to generalise the All or Nothing limitation (6E1 308) to other attack powers, like Blast or Killing Attack? And, if so, would its value remain the same?

Now, the answer given was accurate, but did raise a question.  The AVAD rules can be bought as a limitation depending on what it is designed like.  For example, I commonly build poisons with (drain/KA) AVAD: Life Support vs poison grants immunity.  Its an inverse of the usual build, where instead of being an attack that ignores most defenses, it is an attack which has an additional defense, as a limitation (I assign it -½).

"All or nothing" is a modifier in AVAD that turns the attack into an NND; it makes the attack deal all its damage unless the target has the specific defense, in which case it bounces.  This all-or-nothing modifier is also -½.  So it seems to me that it would be a legal structure to add that to a blast: either it deals full damage, or deals nothing at all.

It depends on what you mean by all or nothing.  In a transformation attack there is a set point wear the power works based on the body of the target.  If I get equal or above that in body the transformation works, before that it does not really do anything.   Damage does not have that.  I can keep attacking even after they are unconscious.  Further damage after they are unconscious keeps them down longer.  

The one thing I could see using it for is the defense of a NND that does body.  I seen and used this for a death attack in a Fantasy Hero game.  It was bought as an NND does body RKA, with the defense of not being killed. The way it worked is you rolled the damage and if the damage was high enough to kill you, you died.  If the damage was not high enough to kill you, you took no damage.  It was hideously expensive so was extremely uncommon.  It only really affected characters that where either wounded or had low body.  

3 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

It depends on what you mean by all or nothing.  In a transformation attack there is a set point wear the power works based on the body of the target.  If I get equal or above that in body the transformation works, before that it does not really do anything.   Damage does not have that.  I can keep attacking even after they are unconscious.  Further damage after they are unconscious keeps them down longer.  

The one thing I could see using it for is the defense of a NND that does body.  I seen and used this for a death attack in a Fantasy Hero game.  It was bought as an NND does body RKA, with the defense of not being killed. The way it worked is you rolled the damage and if the damage was high enough to kill you, you died.  If the damage was not high enough to kill you, you took no damage.  It was hideously expensive so was extremely uncommon.  It only really affected characters that where either wounded or had low body.  

But that's just one of the standard options on an AVAD Attack. Nothing new here. The OP question referencing this was for Attacks that do not have AVAD attached.