Favorite Adventurers Club articles?

I'm curious if anybody has any particular favorite articles from the Adventurer's Club series of magazines. Anything still especially relevant or insightful to gaming today? Anything especially useful that somehow didn't find its way replicated in later editions of the core rules or official supplements?

When I got into HERO in the early 90s I knew that AC was a thing, but I was a poor kid without the means to collect them. I'm curious about any gems I may have missed out on.

So many great articles in the history of AC, for all aspects of Hero gaming, both theory and practice. I do have a favorite, but IMHO the most useful one was in AC #26, an index to every article published in the magazine to that point. The series ended with #27, so there's only that one issue not covered in the index.

3 hours ago, greypaladin_01 said:

Are all of them available through HERO download, or is there another source?

All issues are available as downloadable PDF from the Hero Games website online store, most for $3 US (issue #1 is $2 because it's shorter; #13 is $6 because it's double-size). Just Search the store for "Adventurers Club."

If you want the original printed versions, I can suggest a few credible online retailers, but you'll pay considerably more, sometimes a great deal more. The most complete inventory appears to be at Noble Knight Games: https://www.nobleknight.com/Products/Adventurers-Club-Magazine

Edited by Lord Liaden

• 2 weeks later...

The "Champions Minus" article, a humorous nod to "Champions Plus". Champions Minus is a several page parody of their powers, pretty funny! I'll list one of them.

Overall Levels: A hero with an Overall Level skill level gets a +1 on everything he does, as long as he wears overalls when doing it. This is very popular in rural communities.