EYG 2023 Hall of Fame Ballot

Psybolt

12 hours ago, death tribble said:

How many get through by the way ?

EDIT: Those who have been paying attention should know which ones I would champion and which ones I would dislike.

I take the top vote getter.  That vote count I determine 75% of it and every one that is above that gets in.

So for example... Barbie has 66 votes right now.  75% of that is 50 votes.  All above 50 make the cut.

Can you make suggestions for future consideration ?

Siouxsie and the Banshess and the Cure. They are the inspiration for a lot of the Goth movement and are referenced in the Vampire the Masquerade game certainly.

The Thunderbirds TV show from the 60s and while I think about it Captain Scarlet for the same reason.

Gerry Anderson for the same reason as he created them.

In the 70s he created the series UFO and Space 1999.

I had a look through the hall of fame and I do not recall seeing either the Addams Family (TV series or movies) or The Munsters (TV series) 

I do not recall seeing The Night Stalker with Darren McGavin playing Carl Kolchak. The movie or Darren would be good choices.

What about Skippy the Bush Kangaroo ?

Or Marine Boy and Battle of the Planets ?

The original version of Invasion of the Bodysnatchers ? 

The original version of The Day the Earth Stood Still ?

Or 50s Sci Fi as a catch all ?

the 1950s fil Them ! ?

Quatermass as either the series or the films ?

How about the hard boiled detectives of the 20's to 40s and the films that came from them like The Maltese Falcon and The Big Sleep ?

Would you consider Alan Ladd, Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall and Richard Widmark ?

And how about 2001: A Space Odyssey and its sequel 2010 ?

Or Close Encounters of the Third Kind ? 

And if we can have Westerns what about Red River, the Searchers, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, the Wild Butch, the Long Riders and Tombstone ?

and as a personal choice Roger Delgado's portrayal of the master in Dr Who.

The Daleks and Cybermen from Dr Who are good vote choices as are the Sontarans, Ice Warriors, The Weeping Angels, Davros, the Silurians/Sea Devils, The Yeti and the Autons

Edited by death tribble

26 minutes ago, death tribble said:

Can you make suggestions for future consideration ?

Siouxsie and the Banshess and the Cure. They are the inspiration for a lot of the Goth movement and are referenced in the Vampire the Masquerade game certainly.

The Thunderbirds TV show from the 60s and while I think about it Captain Scarlet for the same reason.

Gerry Anderson for the same reason as he created them.

In the 70s he created the series UFO and Space 1999.

I had a look through the hall of fame and I do not recall seeing either the Addams Family (TV series or movies) or The Munsters (TV series) 

I do not recall seeing The Night Stalker with Darren McGavin playing Carl Kolchak. The movie or Darren would be good choices.

What about Skippy the Bush Kangaroo ?

Or Marine Boy and Battle of the Planets ?

The original version of Invasion of the Bodysnatchers ? 

The original version of The Day the Earth Stood Still ?

Or 50s Sci Fi as a catch all ?

the 1950s fil Them ! ?

Quatermass as either the series or the films ?

How about the hard boiled detectives of the 20's to 40s and the films that came from them like The Maltese Falcon and The Big Sleep ?

Would you consider Alan Ladd, Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall and Richard Widmark ?

And how about 2001: A Space Odyssey and its sequel 2010 ?

Or Close Encounters of the Third Kind ? 

And if we can have Westerns what about Red River, the Searchers, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, the Wild Butch, the Long Riders and Tombstone ?

All excellent suggestions.  I'll keep them in mind.

We definitely have a lack of movies in the EYG HoF for whatever reason.

8 minutes ago, death tribble said:

I added some more as you were replying.

I have written them all down on my list. I appreciate the ideas.  Honestly, a few of them I have never heard of before (Skippy the Bush Kangaroo?) but I look forward to learning more about them.

I do induct Legends three times during a year as I also do a Jan 1 group with the same category (this year was Muppets) and some of these would work for those inductions too.

Thanks for your participation!

What kind of movies would you consider ?

I am a film geek and I can dig up some ones that ought to be considered by either the serious film buff like Citizen Kane or a guilty pleasure geek like the Street Fighter film with Jean Claude Van Damme.

That reminds me, Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Skippy the Bush Kangaroo is an Australian serial with a kangaroo called Skippy. Popular on British Television as well as Australia in the 70s. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skippy_the_Bush_Kangaroo

Talking of which there is a swashbuckling series called the Flashing Blade broadcast in the 60s and 70s which is France vs Spain.

And on the subject of swashbuckling could we consider Errol Flynn and Basil Rathbone for The Adventures of Robin Hood or the Mark of Zorro with Tyrone Power and Basil Rathbone ?

Or even Scaramouche with Stewart Granger and Mel Ferrer ?

Let alone any of the Three Musketeer films...

I do not want to monopolise the conversation or your site and I am willing to reply in Private Message or the boards.

Let me know the kind of movies and I can provide you with a short or long list for you to consider.

And we should have 1933's King Kong

Oh and while I think about it, what about other board games like Clue ?

Edited by death tribble

50 minutes ago, death tribble said:

What kind of movies would you consider ?

I am a film geek and I can dig up some ones that ought to be considered by either the serious film buff like Citizen Kane or a guilty pleasure geek like the Street Fighter film with Jean Claude Van Damme.

That reminds me, Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Skippy the Bush Kangaroo is an Australian serial with a kangaroo called Skippy. Popular on British Television as well as Australia in the 70s. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skippy_the_Bush_Kangaroo

Talking of which there is a swashbuckling series called the Flashing Blade broadcast in the 60s and 70s which is France vs Spain.

And on the subject of swashbuckling could we consider Errol Flynn and Basil Rathbone for The Adventures of Robin Hood or the Mark of Zorro with Tyrone Power and Basil Rathbone ?

Or even Scaramouche with Stewart Granger and Mel Ferrer ?

Let alone any of the Three Musketeer films...

I do not want to monopolise the conversation or your site and I am willing to reply in Private Message or the boards.

Let me know the kind of movies and I can provide you with a short or long list for you to consider.

And we should have 1933's King Kong

Oh and while I think about it, what about other board games like Clue ?

I am also a film geek and so I think any movie that could be considered successful or influential could/should be considered. 

Board games are available.  If I remember correctly, Monopoly is in.  Clue would be an excellent possibility.

And don't worry about taking up the conversation.  I do not think that is bad here.

With the movies, we started out with those mainly considered 'geek' films.  I do absolutely believe something like Citizen Kane has a place.  

Bazza, Metropolis was on the ballot one year, but failed to receive enough votes.

Perhaps what I should do is form a wing of the HoF (like I do with Comic Issues) for Movies.  There are hundreds, if not thousands, of films that could be inducted.

I would limit the number inducted each year and have one time a year to put in worthwhile films.

In fact, I would love to have a board to make the nominations.  2-3 people along with me to induct 1-2 movies each every year.  We could start right after the ballot ends this year and then set it every year around Oscar time.  

DT- would you be interested to be a part of the board?  Maybe you too Bazza?  It would give a more international flavor to the choices, potentially.

Let me know if you guys are interested or if there are anyone else you might like to join me. I think I am absolutely going to create this Cinema Wing of the EYG HoF even if it is just me making the choices.