EYG 2023 Hall of Fame Ballot

Psybolt

My hard work paid off.

I am not fond of the Power Rangers in any iteration and I do not like the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon. I had started the hobby when the cartoon came out and I really could not stand the Cavalier character. The barbarian and unicorn were also annoying but not as much as Cavalier. And being British there is a certain caveat to Cavalier coming from the Civil War between the King and Parliament.

I just needed to make sure that both Power Rangers and the cartoon were below the threshold for inclusion. And they were. I just needed to put the leader way out in front.

I did not need to do anything negative

When I started voting the Wheel of Time book series had few votes so I tried to push that forward. A friend gave me the first book and so I started the series and could not let it go. I'm biased. Who knew ?

And the Coelacanth because if you can survive for that long you deserve your spot. John Wick also did not have enough votes so I worked on that as well to push it towards inclusion in the threshold.

Barbie got in due to the latest movie, no harm in that. And despite Barbie Girl by Aqua. The least said about that the better.

And you have to have the original trilogy of Star Wars together so good to see Return of the Jedi get in.

Jurassic Park made it. Opinion may be divided on the sequels but the original takes your breath away. And if it did not get in, then the sequels would not.

The Loch Ness Monster is a local boy so glad it got in.

Frankenstein's Monster is iconic so it had to go in.

There is more to Time Travel than just Dr Who so it makes sense that it gets in on its own.

Smokey Bear is an American institution whether in its original guise as in stopping fires or in CB slang for the cops.

As for the others that did not get in I don't know the Witcher series well enough, streaming just seems mainstream, the toys just did not seem to attract enough attention and Tyson just did not get votes despite guest appearances on the Big Bang Theory. I don't know the other guy at all. I looked him up as he was on the poll. 

Now if Psybolt wants to drop me a PM or just reply here with a set of requirements for films that might be considered for the Hall of Fame or anything else that might be worthy of note for the Hall, I await your reply.

Dungeons and Dragons cartoon is a classic. Wheel of Time is a long drawn out series that made @Steve Long metaphorically cry. I tried watching John Wick 1, and afterwards didn’t care for any other.  Barbie Girl by Aqua has a point;  the doll it’s based on, doesn’t. Return of the Jedi Is a worthy inclusion. Jurassic Park is a idea taken too far. The Loch Ness Monster first appearance is in a Scottish saint’s bio. Frankenstein's Monster is a case of art imitating actual life.