Martial maneuver : Distance Shot

Eldritch Forge

Hello Hero System Community.

Starting a new High Fantasy/Steampunk campaing tomorrow. Out of the blue, while transfering character from Hero Designer to Roll20, the Ranged Martial Maneuver: Distance Shot appeared in my Roll20 character sheet. 

Maneuver              Phase    Pts    OCV   DCV    Rng     Damage/Effect
Distance Shot     1+1          5       +0       -2         +6         Strike; +1 Segment

We do not understand (GM and me) the Phase 1+1 for this Ranged Martial Maneuvers (MA p. 6). 

This maneuver take 1 phase + 1 phase? 1 phase +1 segment?

Its no big deal, I just never saw this duration description Phase 1+1. Is it like an haymaker?

Many thanks to anyone who can show me the light on this.

EF

Well, there are three components od your quearion with which I am unfamiliar (namely HERO Designer,  HERO System Martial Arts, and any form of online tabletop), but I am willing to take a wild guess.

Based on the name "distance shot," I would guess that either it requires a phase aiming prior to firing, or that it fires in one phase and hits in the next.

Alas, anyone- literally _anyone_ else on this board is more qualified to answer this, but having seen that two people viewed it already without comment, I thought I might take a moment to prove to them that they know morw about it than I do.

Edited by Duke Bushido

• 2 months later...