A Puppeteer Parasite Plague

Steve

Teleios has come up with a new experiment.

A brain parasite.

This body horror monster is a larval creature that enters its hosts through the nose or mouth and burrows its way to the brain without causing any significant damage to the target. Once within, it is able to fairly quickly take control of the target and maintain a high level of fidelity to the original personality. Once in control, after a day or two to settle in, it begins to spawn a few new larva in the sinus cavity. Infected beings seem to have a mild sinus condition.

A small batch of them was released at a frat party at Millennium City University by one of his agents, the master of biochemistry intending to see how well they work and how quickly they can propagate through the student and faculty population, as well as into the city beyond before discovery.

One intended limitation in their design is that they are unable to affect beings that are too dissimilar from standard humans, like many aliens and those with the so-called mutant or metahuman gene.

Teleios did this as a safety precaution for his own well being.

What might he discover with this experiment? How far might they spread?

On 2/16/2024 at 6:00 AM, Scott Ruggels said:

There was a Robert A. Heinlein book that might be worth raiding for ideas. similar premise.

My first author thought was Frank Herbert, and now I need to go look at my bookshelf and see if I have mixed up my Herberts and Heinleins. 🙂