If he wasn't a Doctor, he would be...

Ghost who Walks

Inspired by Hermit's thread. :)

We all know that Doctor Silverback is a doctor.

But what if he was...something else?

Thats right, this is your chance to try and give another title to Doctor Silverback!

Possible titles:

Baron

Captain

Colonel

Count

King

Lord

Major

Master

Mister

Prince

Professor

Senator

Sergeant

Pick a title, and then try and "modify" Silverback's history to explain it!

Count silverback

Its the age old story bored Transylvanian vampire noble has debauched party you know hot and cold running virgins the finest bloods from around the world and after they have all had a bit to much to drink some bright spark breaks into the traveling circus and kidnaps a silver back gorilla and then they turn it into a vampire just for kicks.

Of course it doesn’t work out well firstly a 500 pound gorilla is dangerous enough without vampirism strength and speed combined with suddenly gaining human level intellect and psychic powers.

silver back kills the previous count and takes over growing bored he returns to his native land of the Congo and founds a vampire ape blood line deep in the jungles and there our story would end if a group of poachers hadn’t come upon the sleeping count in his jungle fastness doped him up and shipped him off in a dark packing crate to new York of course the moment the count regained consciousness she started on a bloody reign of terror and mayhem.

Originally posted by Glen Sprigg

I just have to say, I love the last line of your sig. :D You, sir, are a cruel and sadistic man. Will you be my friend?

Glen

I assume you have deduced the source of my "signature"? :)

Nice one Freakboy, In return I present Senator Silverback: :)

In 1999, Doctor Silverback was attending an opera to watch his girlfriend, Judith Kerr, perform. Upon leaving the concert he was attacked by a gang of ruffians which he was forced to dispatch with judicious uses of his 'arm swing' (his tangleweb rifle was in the shop).

Disgusted by the lack of respect for intellectuals that the American youths had, and disturbed by their calling Ms. Kerr a 'monkey lover', he resolved to correct this injustice.

Appearing on various talk shows and news programs accomplished little, they were more interested in the entertainment value of the situation. It wasn't until he heard about the political situation in New York that he decided upon his course of action...it seemed one of the Senators there was retiring.

It took all of his favors, skill, and intellect to defeat his Democratic rival. His often remembered quote from their debates was "Madame...it does not take a village to raise a child. A village is an artificial construct, designed for habitation. A more correct term for your 'book' wouls have been 'It takes a community'?"

Today, Senator Silverback spends his time commuting between Washington, hiss lab, and his constituents in New York. While some have decries this British citizen becoming an American Senator, Silverback is quick to offer a response "I consider myself, first and foremost, a citizen of the world. The nation in which my home may dwell is simply the one whom I pay taxes to."

A campaign to recall Senator Silverback is well underway in New york state, led by a group that the Senator calls 'Speciesists'. Spoke the Senator: "It is arrogant fools like them that hold back every advance we make."

Senator Silverback is a welcome guest on many news programs, and is always outspoken in his opinions. He pro-health care, anti-zoo, pro-defense, anti-idiot, and pro-environment. Tabloid rumors persist that he sits on a secret Senatorial committee that hunts down superpowered criminals, including Dr. Phillippe Moreau.

"Completely Untrue!" spoke the Senator " I have not, nor have I ever, overseeen illegal activities! I am an educated individual...and we do not do that sort of thing!"

Day One: "I hope to prove with my experiments that a man can instill human-like intelligence in common animals. But as my experiments with house-cats were shunned by the public, I have retreated here to the jungles of darkest africa to perform my experiments in secrecy."

Day Forty-Seven: "The great silverback ape begins to show the most promise. He already communicates in sign language and seems able to recognize actual items from mere photos or drawings! A high concept for primates..."

Day Seventy-two: "I'm going to have to do something about all the missionaries snooping about here. If they don't go away soon and leave me to my experiments they may just stumble across them. I can't afford that they let the outside world know what goes on here..."

Day Eighty: "My greatest achievement is gone! The missionaries found him and taught him about Jesus. He shunned science and turned in his text books in favor of bibles. He then told me I had no right to play God and trashed my lab. I will not be able to continue my experiments here. Perhaps I'll go to the Australian oubtack and experiment on Kangaroos...."

Thus was the Origin of FATHER SILVERBACK: Missionary Ape!

Supersoldier projects are dangerous things, and tests, as we know, are first run on animals. One Silverback gorilla was injected, irradiated, and enhanced to see if he'd survive the procedure.

Amazingly , Project Moreau went further than it ever was meant to. Not only did it cause a gorilla to reach his ultimate peak physically, it seemed to boost his brain power. The SIlverback's cage was surrounded (as were most Americans) with propaganda posters galore. Thus, the first thing it learned to read was "Uncle Sam Wants you!" and it took this to heart. When even ratzis tried to break into the lab killing the MPs on duty, the Gorilla grabbed a gun and went at them with gusto.

Seeking some way to thank the gorilla for his help, the govt was surprised, and pleased to find out the ape wanted only to continue the war against the Axis.

Sure, he was born in Africa, but in his heart, he's all American.

He's Sgt. Silverback!

"Come on you Apes! You want to live forever?"

Captain silver back

It was 1923 when captain William d'silver champion yacht racer was flung over board during a powerful storm off the coast of west Africa he awake days later still clinging to a hunk of drift wood and unable to tell where he was he spent days exploring the local area he found food and water and an ambdoned temple to rest in whilst exploring the temple in search a means of escape he came across a ancient treasure hoard amongst these was a golden amulet with the face of a shrieking gorilla in its mouth a huge ruby. Forgetting even escape he quickly plundered the treasure placing the amulet around his neck.

That night he slept but his dreams where invaded with terrible nightmare an ancient tribal shaman stood over him waving a golden staff embossed with the same ape head as the amulet "You have stolen the treasure of my people and for this you shall be cursed for the rest of your days to bear the mark of your theft.

his sleep was fitful and feverish racked with pain and strange visions he awoke the next day feeling groggy his body felt strange he couldn’t stand properly he dragged him self to a nearby pool of water and looking in he saw his face had changed he look incredulously at the ape like visage that looked back at him. He attempted to tear of the amulet that was around his neck but could not this was his curse it took him months to adjust to his new form

then something happened a boat arrived the where looking for him a plane had seen a stone message he had left on the sands before his transformation he watched from hiding as men searched the beach and trekked to his camp site finding his tattered clothes and his few possessions his would be rescuers talked amongst them selves about weather he had been carried off by animals they turned to leave and from his hiding d silver screamed and his voice was recognized by his first mate as he came lumbering from eth jungle his rescuers looked on in disbelief but they all recognized his voice and he knew them they where forced to believe and so William d silver was rescued and from that day on he has journeyed the earth searching for a cure to his bestial form.

He has been accumulating artifacts ever since most notiably in 1942 he bested nazi artifact hunters in south America to discover the legendary fountain of youth he now guards its where about but the flask of water from it he perpetually carries has kept him in his prime for the last 60 years he fighst crime in his off time with his collection of ancient artifacts always traveling in search of a cure

though secretly he knows he woudl miss his gorrilla form if he found one.

Re: LORD SILVERBACK

Originally posted by Spideyguy

I think Lord Silverback has a very king-of-jungle sound to it, while still maintaining its dignity and nobility.

Sort of the opposite of the Earl of Greystoke. He's an ape lost in human society, raised among them and became their king. Couldn't you picture him returned to ape society, doing their taxes, giving them the finger when they swing on vines and cut him off, trying to sell them coconut openers..