Need powerful speedster villian ideas

Dr. MID-Nite

Originally posted by levi

I often follow the advise of our resident sage LL, but in this example your effect sounds more like Missile Deflection / Reflection Any Target with the Teleport SFX. This same effect could be gained from running at hyper-velocity using the PCs as slolum pylons.

ex: As Speedster zooms around his friends, Blasterboy lines up a shot and just as he pulls the trigger Speedster dodges behind Arcanagirl and she takes the blast in his stead.

Hmm... I can certainly see where you're coming from, and I wouldn't hesitate to agree with you if what the speedster is doing is moving the attack toward another character. What Bluefire seemed to be describing, though, is moving another character to a different place in the battlefield where the attack will land, which will change the victim's spatial relationship to everyone else in addition to being hit by the shot.

If the GM has no objection to that, though, you're right that Missile Deflection would be a mechanically simpler way to do it. :)

Originally posted by Bluefire

Well, I was going to mention the Images thing, but I see its has been covered ;)

Now I did start giggling to myself when I started thinking of a teleporting speedster. Think if you will a cross between nightcrawler and the flash.

Scenerio: Blasterboy lines up a shot at Speedster. and Speedster sees this. Speedster teleports over to Blasterboy's teammate and teleports him back to where Speedster was just standing and then waits for Blasterboy to finish his shot!

I have the end result, now to just get the mechanics of it worked out :D

Check out the online UNTIL Superpower Database, under the Teleportation powers. They have something similar to this.

Return of Barry Allen

My advice is to see if you can find a copy of "The Return of Barry Allen" trade paperback. It's a Flash story arc in which Barry Allen appears to return from the dead, then gradually acts more and more evil, until it is revealed that he's actually Professor Zoom, the Reverse Flash.

Professor Zoom (who has identical powers to the Barry Allen Flash) repeatedly wipes the floor with Green Lantern Hal Jordan, Wally West (current Flash), Jay Garrick (golden age Flash), Max Mercury, and Johnny Quick (other golden age speedsters) all at once - not too shabby. He uses primarily the classic speedster powers, many of which have been listed above, such as:

-Whipping up incredibly powerful tornados with super-speed.

-Vibrating a half-built skyscraper almost to the ground using his bare hands.

-Can vibrate through objects (desolid) and is virtually impossible to capture because of this and his speed.

-Vibrates his hand into people to cause fatal injuries.

-Moving before, and more often than, anyone else - even though he's fighting several other speedsters, he's the fastest of them all (until the finale).

-Punching dozens of people in a split second, or one person hundreds of times.

-Throwing gravel at super-speed, turning it into a storm of deadly projectiles.

-Often uses his abilities to endanger innocents as a distraction (using tornados to cause news helicopters to crash, throwing bystanders off the top of buildings, threatening Flash's girlfriend on live TV)

-One thing he does, which would be an interesting challenge for your players, is that he frees all the criminals in keystone city's maximum security prison, arms them, and uses them as his private army. Admittedly it took the other speedsters about 30 seconds to round them all up, but still...

-He also seems to take a lickin' and keep on tickin', so some damage reduction defined as his protective aura would be appropriate.

-He isn't afraid to cut and run if the tide turns against him.

Anyway, it was one of my favourite depictions of just how powerful a speedster can be. It's also worth checking out "Dead Heat", a story arc involving Savitar, a superfast cult-leader villain with the ability to share his speed with his minions. He's one bad dude, who uses his control over speed in all kinds of creative and deadly ways. Both TPBs can be found at the following URL if you can't track them down at your local comic store:

http://www.toywiz.com/fltrpa.html

There are probably lots of other online places you can get them too, this was the first one that came up when I googled.

Have fun - speedsters are cool!

Dan.

Originally posted by Supreme Serpent

In V&V, one of the Crushers, "Mercury Mercenary" did this - speedster with lots of guns and grenades.

Could be fun describing the villain getting off 30 shots in one phase with a single 6-shooter. :D

Really? Never noticed...;)

*Whistles calmly as lawyers circle overhead*

Had another idea...what about the speedster that is uberfast, who is also a master of disguise? :)

Able to change costumes so quickly, he could meet the heroes a dozen times before they realize it!

Originally posted by Dr. MID-Nite

His primary motivation is to personally trash the entire team. He was a former member of the team....who feels he has always been looked down on by the others. Now, his powers have been enhanced, and he intends to show his former team mates just how wrong they are.

Rob

You could always have him do some of the following:

1) Trash the team mebers cars

2) Carjack any team vehicle

3) Remove al lthe doorknobs from all the base doors, at superspeed

4) Do the same thing as #3, but for the lightbulbs.

Fulfilling the goal.

His primary motivation is to personally trash the entire team. He was a former member of the team

Since he's not stupid, he's not going to take on the entire team at once (unless he's extremely overconfident). nailing 1-3 of them at a time is a lot more practical, and it proves the same point.

Get them into any circumstance where they have to split up to find or pursue him. It's pretty easy to set up. When they're all out doing their own business, have him ambush one member of the group. The speedster doesn't flatten him/her immediately. He waits until this person radios the rest of the group for help.

The group is starting from different spots, and they all travel at different speeds. Therefore, you can guarantee that they won't all arrive at the same time.

i think the trick here isnt so much making the speedster very powerful but giving him a distinct advanatage the location scoudl beas important as the actual stats for this a complex labyrinth would be particularly good.

with the spedsters superhuman speed he can run rings around the players keeping them seperated and disoriented and it also easily removes advanatges from there powers energy blast are no good if there are no clean lines of fire.

making the complex subteranean would limit both bricks and flyers no air space to use cant just smash through walls in case you cause a collapse.

then you can use your speed to lead them into traps and individual arenas designed specifically to take that team member out all on live pay per view to the world.

Well, this particular speedster IS extremely overconfident(and impulsive) so he probably would want to take on at least a few of the members at once. At best, he'd set a trap for them to weaken them so the odds will be more in his favor. His power boost should provide him with the juice to take on the team. Now, what do you think about combat? Does the speedster delay or attack all out in hopes of taking out some of the oppostion? I can tell you for sure the villain in question has the speedster Martial Arts(including Flying Dodge). I haven't finished the sheet yet though. i haven't even decided on a SPD....as the highest I've seen in 5th is 8...not sure if that's an upper limit or not.

Rob