Fun with Duplication

The Cometeer

I've been GMing a Golden Age Champions campaign for the last year and a half and I have found the Duplication power to be one of my best friends. Here are some examples of the fun I've had:

1) "i squared" Standard Duplicating Villain, except when a duplicate is separated from its other clones for an extended period of time it becomes an independent entity.

2) "malevolent millicent" futuristic segmented insect creature, each segment is treated as a duplicate and can function independently (attack separately) etc., similar to the hydra's head idea

3) 'the rising sun", you think they are just four ninjas until they combine into a flaming dragon (dragon is base character with four ninja duplicates, dragon dissappears when duplicates are created)

4) "?" Gladiator with sword and net who creates a mental duplicate of himself, the duplicate appears the same but is completely desolid, however all damage feedbacks to the original, the sword functions as an Ego Attack and the net as a Mental Entangle.

5)"Odin", well you know who he is,; he has a spear named Grungir which is supposed to always hit it's target. I figured it would be dumb to just have it always hit in terms of the game, so this is the solution I came up with. Odin throws the spear, if it hits, then fine. If he misses then the spear becomes a duplicate (independent character) and flys around trying to do a move through on its original target until it finally hits it; it then flies back into Odin's hand.

Well, there's mine. Anybody else?

1) "I'd rather have my atoms scrambled by a machine" Teleport via Duplication. Long-range teleportation based on "absorbing" a duplicate in one location and re-duplicating at a new location where there is a duplicate. The fun comes in when convincing the player characters that this is a safe way to travel. Extra cruel, add a cosmetic Transform, just to drive them nuts. Why is my suit white instead of blue?

2) "Replaced with exact (looking) duplicates" If you can afford the points, add Shapeshift with Imitation to base form and duplicates. Trust me, it will drive them nuts.

"One Woman Army Corp" -- one of the PC's in the campaign I'm running is Hexadecimal, which has 16 "heroine" forms (counting the base one). The base form's power is duplication -- 15 duplicates. The duplicates don't have the multiform power, of course...

Theoretically there's nothing stopping you from stacking them together completely -- having duplicates that also have Multiform. Create the duplicates, which then change into another form -- one woman is now an army corp!

Legion.

In a Supers game I ran for a Friend of mine, I came up with a villian called "Legion". He wasn't your standard duplicating villian however.

Of course, with a name like Legion, he had Duplication. His Duplicates, however were permanently seperated from him (they were clones of him). His major power was the ability to implant his personality into the mind of anyone he could telepathically contact. What the villian was doing was running schools for "The Gifted" all across the country, then implanting his personality in the minds of young mutants everywhere. Normally, this personality was dormant, but he could activate any single one with a thought, then the character would be completely under his control. :) It gave that player fits dealing with this guy. Technically, the only way to kill this guy completely was to hunt down and kill absolutely everyone this guy had come into mental contact with...

Infinite Duplication

I've posted this before.

Infinite Duplication.

Cost 88 Points.

Duplication 350 points +1/4 Altered Duplication (25% points spent differently.)

Which comes out to 88 points. Build a Duplicate that is exactly the same and have him Spend his 88 points on, you guessed it.

I ran it by Steve and he said it was legal.

A.

Re: Infinite Duplication

Originally posted by Argus

I've posted this before.

Infinite Duplication.

Cost 88 Points.

Which comes out to 88 points. Build a Duplicate that is exactly the same and have him Spend his 88 points on, you guessed it.

I ran it by Steve and he said it was legal.

A.

Which is a good time to bring up a standard Game Mechanic boilerplate:

Just because it's legal doesn't mean the GM should allow it.