Black Scorpion

Mark Rand

Re: Re: Re: Re: She was hot though...

Originally posted by Kristopher

Halle Berry doesn't have a Catwoman costume.

Don't bother showing me links, or anything. Halle Barry does not have a Catwoman costume. Never did, never will.

Uh huh.

And there are no Highlander sequels.

And there is no Star Wars Holiday special.

Man, I don't know if this denial is adorable, like a little kid trying to lie his way out of trouble, or something where I just want to slice your eyelids off and make you look at tubgirl.com

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: She was hot though...

Originally posted by Brandi

Uh huh.

And there are no Highlander sequels.

And there is no Star Wars Holiday special.

Man, I don't know if this denial is adorable, like a little kid trying to lie his way out of trouble, or something where I just want to slice your eyelids off and make you look at tubgirl.com

What, Highlander sequels?

RE: Highlander sequels

While none were as good as the first, 2 of the sequels are decent movies...It's just one of them that is so bad that the others get hurt by assosiation...(For the record I am talking about the one with the guy from TV, and the one where they release some evil sorcerer as being okay)

Ohh and continuincy SUCKS in them, but it does in James Bond as well...

Originally posted by JmOz

RE: Highlander sequels

While none were as good as the first, 2 of the sequels are decent movies...It's just one of them that is so bad that the others get hurt by assosiation...(For the record I am talking about the one with the guy from TV, and the one where they release some evil sorcerer as being okay)

Ohh and continuincy SUCKS in them, but it does in James Bond as well...

This post contians spoiler text to protect the innocent -- and the harmed. To read it, hit the "quote" button and read what is between the brackets without hitting "Submit Reply".

Just my opinion, but Highlander (like MIB and The Matrix) did not lend itself to a sequel and frankly shouldn't have had one.

Some of the gear in the Gadgets and Gear playtest are perfect for Black Scorpion.

Also, the Scorpionmobile should look like a normal car, both when Black Scorpion's in costume and her secret identity. When Black Scorpion triggers the car's change all that should happen is the license plate spins and the body changes color.

Originally posted by Game Show Man

Evidentally, you guys never saw the 1996 made-for-cable movie. The TV show was not that great, but the 1996 film was actually quite cool. Darcy/Scorpion was played by B-movie queen Joan Severance, who, IMHO, is hotter than Michelle Lintel (who played the TV Scorpion).

Saw both, and frankly I'll take the series.

I'm thinking of a young (20 something) female ninja, who watched the series and, living where it gets cold in the winter, decided to call herself Black Scorpion and, after getting some scoripion-styled gear, started to fight crime in her home city.

A snug-fitting leather (or leather-look) jumpsuit would show her curves, giving the T and A look. It would also help her when she's crawling through tight spaces.

Give her an outfit that "tenses" and looks all shiny and hard when struck with sufficient force to injure her.

Even though they have absolutely nothing to do with the character concept, I really liked the electro-static jumpboots that were used in the movie (and I think the series, too).

I also happen to like the Corvette, but then I think more cars should be Corvettes. :D The tech setup in the Scorpionmobile was well done, IMO, and let her have some cool stuff without making her uber-smart.

As promised, on the Southwestern Pennsylvania Avengers thread, here's Black Scorpion's story.

Christine Hunter is the oldest daughter of a wealthy Pittsburgh family. When she was three, deciding to harness her energy, her parents, who spent most of the time away from home, enrolled her in a gymnastics school. Midori Nakamura, R.N., the school's nurse, who lived next door to ut and had two three-year old daughters who were also students there, agreed to take her in.

Christine proved to be a gifted student. By age five, she was already competing. At age six, she and Midori's daughters, Keiko and Mariko, took an oath of blood sisterhood. Two weeks later, Christine's ninjitsu training began.

By age 10, she was competing in worldwide in gymnsastics. At age 13, she learned the mystic ninja technique knows as the nine ways of cutting (see The Ultimate Martial Artist for details.) By age 17, she mastered the Path of the Shadow's Companion (see FU SCHTICKS FOR CHAMPIONS: Wild Martial Arts Powers Derived From the Pages of Feng Shui on Mike Surbrook's site for details.)

After high school, she went to the University of Pittsburgh (where Keiko and Mariko were in nursing school) and studied electronics engineering. All three were on Pitt's gymnastics team. (Christine wanted to live at home and Carnegie Mellon University doesn't have a gymnastics team.)

After graduating Pitt with a masters in electronics engineering, she joined the Stark Solutions plant near Pittsburgh in the electronics R & D department. One night, while walking with Keiko, Mariko and Midori, now nurses at the plant, they were jumped by clan enemies who overwelmed them. Seeing the battle, Tony Stark, who the world now knows is Iron Man, joined the battle and saved them.

After discussing things with the four women, Tony offered Christine a job with the Mid Atlantic Avengers as its technical manager and Keiko, Mariko and Midori jobs there as nurses. He also suggested that Christine join the Avengers as a reservist. All four women agreed.

After going home and kicking things around, the four women agreed that Christine's heroic identity would be Black Scorpion. With that done, they discussed her costume, weapons, equipment and the Scorpionbobile.

For a costume, Christine decided on a snug-fitting, black, leather-look, multi-pocketed jumpsuit that would also serve as armor, split-toe tabi boots, clawed gloves and a ski mask with mesh over the openings. Christine would be able to see and breathe, but her features couldn't be seen.

For her weapons and equipment, Christine chose, besides her clawed gloves, a tanto knife, two throwing knives, throwing stars, pepper spray, throwing darts, a weighted chain, a set of lockpicks, a Leatherman tool (or some other kind of multi-tool), security system bypass gear, a penlight, sight removers, a blow gun, darts and a ninja-to (a ninja sword). Additionally, she would have throwing scorpions, an (stun only) electronic sting and a climbing line.

As Black Scorpion, Christine prefers going hand to hand, using her feet, fists, elbows. claws (to scratch her foes) and either the flat or the back of her sword. The blow gun darts and throwing blades are used either to harrass her foes or pin something they're carrying to a wooden object. The sight removers put her foes at a disadvantage and the chain is good for entangling weapons or arms. The stinger and throwing scorpions are only used to knock foes out.