Who is he

Kzinbane

He's on the cover of Ninja hero and occasionally shows up on the left side of the screen here. Blond guy with two swords and green dragon tatoos on his chest. Just wondering. I do not see any write up on him in Ninja hero or ultimate martial arts. Is he in Champions universe?

That's definitely Shugoshin ("Guardian Angel"), whose writeup appears in Champions Universe. He's also on the cover of both the 4E and 5E Ultimate Martial Artist. He has a 4E writeup in Watchers of the Dragon.

If you look closely, you'll see that his hair is brown, not blond. Guess he didn't want to steal Seeker's schtick. ;)

Just to avoid confusion (or possibly add to it) there *is* a picture of Seeker that floats by in the left sidebar of this website every once in a while... He has blonde hair, one sword across his back, a bandolier of shuriken, a pair of sai in his belt/sash, and is holding a pair of nunachuka. Is there a sidebar picture of Shugoshin?

Originally posted by Ben Seeman

If I'm not mistaken, he's also one of Steve's PCs...

He may be now, but IIRC Steve once remarked on the boards that Shugoshin was originally just an unnamed illustration that Storn Cook did for the first edition of Ultimate Martial Artist. I got the impression that Mr. Long wrote him up (first published in Watchers of the Dragon) because he felt that such a prominent figure ought to have a writeup. Kind of how Foxbat was born. ;)

e may be now, but IIRC Steve once remarked on the boards that Shugoshin was originally just an unnamed illustration that Storn Cook did for the first edition of Ultimate Martial Artist. I got the impression that Mr. Long wrote him up (first published in Watchers of the Dragon) because he felt that such a prominent figure ought to have a writeup. Kind of how Foxbat was born.

That's more or less correct. Storn created him for the first UMA cover. I later statted him up, and I did use him as a PC once or twice (but never in any lengthy ongoing campaign, which are, sadly, rather rare around my gaming group -- we all want to play! :)). It was kind of a fun reverse creative process -- the author pinging off the artist instead of the other way around. We're going to try something similar for parts of VVV next year.

Steve's write up was so cool in Watchers of the Dragon ( one of the great 4th ed books, folks, a real unsung gem. I put it up with Normals Unbound, RDU Neil has used it extensively in his game)... that I ran Shugoshin as a PC several times.

Although, in our campaign, he had to sacrifice the swords to open an astral gate to a high and mighty martial arts temple in another dimension...