Need help with stormtroopers

Badger

Guest zarglif69
Originally posted by tabascojunkie

It's not a conversion really, but Viper agents from 4th ed. work okay. Same kinda stuff, armor, radio, pick a blaster. Drop the points more if you them to be more cannon fodder type.

Viper agents are WAY too powerful for heroic-level characters. They're trained and equipped to take down supers, how you expect them to be cannon fodder in Star hero?

just my 2 chits

Re: Need help with stormtroopers

Originally posted by Badger

I am trying to convert the Imperial stormtroopers template in an old Star Wars RPG book of mine into HERO. I seem to be stumped on their weapon and armor. Has anyone done this?

I've started working on some Star Wars stuff for the campaign I'm running. Eventually, it will all be on my web site. But here is a summery.

Blasters : Multipower with an RKA slot and an equivelent Active point EB slot for stun setting.

Hold out Blaster : 1d6+1 RKA

Blaster Pistol : 1 1/2d6

Heavy Blaster Pistol : 2d6

Blaster Carbine : 2 1/2d6

Blaster Rifle : 3d6

Storm Trooper Armor : DEF 8.

Scout Trooper Armor : DEF 6. Or maybe DEF 8 with limited coverage.

Weapons and armor are the most difficult to balance, I find. I've given up trying to find any consistance in the movies and just gone for what feels about right.

Keep in mind this is more or less a first draft, and has not see the light of play.

heres my take on standard stormtrooper armor

8 PD/ED ablative armor, counts as real armor

I dont see any reason to make it hardened, and I would give it an activation roll due to its gaps and weak points. it has basic environmental features, pretty much just heat and cold insulation.

according to some of the books the helmet is fitted with a short range radio and acts as a gas mask, but isnt fitted for oxygen tanks or anything

Again this is a basic take, I will post something better written later today

yeah the last 2 posts seem approximately what I was thinking to some degree. I dont want to make them a complete joke of cannon fodder. But I dont exactly want them to be going toe-to-toe with any supers either. I guess I kind of envision them as the Imperial's version of the Marine Corps. Basically kind of a bit more training and know how than your standard Imperial infantry.

Oh and in my universe the Imperials definitely would have taken down more than one freaking ewok.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Badger

Oh and in my universe the Imperials definitely would have taken down more than one freaking ewok.:rolleyes:

In my campaign the Endorians are a tribe of humans smilar to a tribe of Native Americans. Their wood craft and accuracy with weapons was so amazing, that after the Battle of Endor the New Republic created the First Endorian Scouts and Rifles. One of the proudest units in the Republic's army.