Who would play your character?

Jhereg

Do any of you choose actors for prominent NPC’s or do your players choose actors to portray their characters?

This is common in my group (where no one has any appreciable artistic talent). I was wondering if we were the only freaks who do that.

Some of the ones that have popped up are:

Vin Diesil (more than once)

Tommy Lee Jones

Patrick Warburton (from the short-lived live action Tick)

Christopher Lee

Seth Green

David Hasselhoff

Kurt Russel

Sean Connery (old and young)

Catherine Bell (JAG)

Joe Peschi

Most recently our Alternity Hero group was chasing down a powerful mentalist played by Christopher Walken (btw, my Walken impression blows)

Nope, you're not the only freaks!

While we all prefer to come up with something original, occasionally we describe a character as "looks kinda like [actor]." Occasionally we use another artists artwort as a reference.

Actors used include:

Jet Li

John Travolta

Kurt Russel

Mel Gibson

Dawn (from Linsner's comics)

Elizabeth Hurley

Tom Cruize

Michael Shanks

Audrey Quock (model)

Any of the various actors playing the Master from Doctor Who

Me. I just dont want them to screw up and cast ap pretty boy, you need someone who can capture the grit and ugliness of my character. Christopher Walken could come close. Mark Hamil actually could (at least the older version where he looks psychotic)

I noticed you mentioned Catherine Bell, might have to write in a romantic lead for my character then.;)

Originally posted by Badger

I noticed you mentioned Catherine Bell, might have to write in a romantic lead for my character then.;)

It's do-able (excuse the pun). She's the widow of my late Mentalist PC. So she's single at the moment. But, be careful. She's a corporate assassin.

I think the reason we select actors is that we always describe our games as if we were eventually going to make a live-action movie of our exploits. It began as “So-and-so could play my character,†and evolved into “My character is played by so-and-so.â€

Funny you should mention Sam Elliot! I kept moving between him and Chris Christopherson when I made my character Uncle Slam.

I'm not sure I know who would play Anthem. She's cute, not drop-dead gorgeous like everyone on TV.

Audra Blue is definitely Jessica Alba. Complexion, hair, size.