My First Hero: Titan Prime

SMKun

Having just started Champions this past week, here is my first hero. TitanPrime, originally made for Silver Age Sentinals and to play on City of Heros. Let me know what you think.Titan PrimePlayer: Nathan

Val Char Cost
40 STR 30
20 DEX 30
30 CON 40
20 BODY 20
10 INT 0
15 EGO 10
15 PRE 5
10 COM 0
20 PD 2
20 ED 4
4 SPD 10
15 REC 2
75 END 8
60 STUN 5
6" RUN02" SWIM08" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 166
Cost Power END
53 Cosmic Rays: Multipower, 80-point reserve, (80 Active Points); all slots Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Slightly Radio Active (within 1" radius); -1/2)
4u 1) Cosmic Blast: Energy Blast 16d6 (80 Active Points); Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Slightly Radio Active (within 1" radius); -1/2), Limited Range (1/2 Range; -1/4), No Knockback (-1/4) 8
2u 2) Ground Zero: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, Area Of Effect (2" radius; +3/4) (79 Active Points); 2 Charges (-1 1/2), No Range (Centered on Self; -1/2), Extra Time (Extra Segment, -1/2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Slightly Radio Active (within 1" radius); -1/2), No Knockback (-1/4) [2]
33 Powered Punch: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2), Penetrating (+1/2) (50 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 5
25 Cosmic Winds: Flight 10", x4 Noncombat 2
45 Life Support (Eating Character only has to eat once per week; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Longevity 1600 Years; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week) 0
15 Cosmic Senses: Radar (Radio Group) 0
3 Cosmic Senses: Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group) 0
5 Cosmic Senses: Microscopic (x10) with Sight Group 0
5 Cosmic Senses: +3 versus Range Modifier for Hearing Group 0
6 Cosmic Senses: +6 PER with Normal Hearing 0
30 Cosmic Skin: Armor (10 PD/10 ED) 0
Powers Cost: 226
Cost Skill
0 Language: English (fluent conversation; literate) (3 Active Points)
3 Persuasion 12-
6 +3 with Cosmic Blast
Skills Cost: 9
Val Disadvantages
20 Distinctive Features: Awkward Size: 9' 650Lbs (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
20 Distinctive Features: Odd skin, black with white specs (actual small radioactive exposions on skin) (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
20 Psychological Limitation: Lacks life experience. Only been "alive" for 3 years. (Very Common, Strong)
15 Social Limitation: Nationaly recongnized hero. (Frequently, Major)
15 Social Limitation: Created Crey clone. Secret. (Occasionally, Severe)
30 Hunted: Crey Industries 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Capture)
15 Hunted: The Elementals 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)
15 Susceptibility: Lead, 1d6 damage per Phase in contact with (Uncommon)
Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 250Experience Required: 0Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 400

Height: 2.75 m Hair: None
Weight: 300.00 kg Eyes: Glowing White
Appearance: Personality: Quote:Background: During World War 2, it was a priority for Hitler to come up with an answer to other nations’ metahuman advancements. With the US revealing the American Sentinel, and the Soviet sponsored Muzhik, he knew that if he were to have any chance at all to win the war he would need an answer to these super beings. Hitler assigned two groups to this daunting task. One would go on to create “Black Crow†and the “Ubermensch.†The other would be “The 5th Column†a secret organization within the Nazi regime, lead by Dr. Alden Rissler.

Dr. Rissler possessed the journal of Athanasius Kircher, a 17th century Jesuit scientist, Kircher had developed a complex scheme to imbue a recipient with wondrous powers, similar to those of the titans of Greek myth. His work seemed to deal with genetics though they showed an incredible sophistication, beyond the knowledge of that time. Kircher lacked the advanced technology of the present so he was unable to turn his plan into a reality. He remained but a dreamer.

Rissler, however, had access to some of Germany’s greatest scientists and all of its technology. Using Kircher’s notes, he would use many of the captives in concentration camps for his experiments, but could not get the break he needed. He then sought the aid of a leading Reich geneticist, Clarissa van Dorn. Together, they developed a chemical cocktail that should produce the desired results, that should affect a person’s genetic makeup. They named their project “Titan Prime.†Many more experiments were completed, but each again ended in disaster. They were sure that their plans were sound but they could not comprehend the reasons for their continued failures.

Rissler knew he would not be able to comply with Hitler’s request to create Germany’s “Prachtvoll Soldat.†He also realized that failure meant his death and the end of the war for Germany. So together with van Dorn, Rissler chose to take “The 5th Column†into hiding, and continue the work. Van Dorn would “officially†remove herself from involvement with “The 5th Column†and marry Count Alphonse Crey. She would then go on and create Crey Biotech, secretly funding “The 5th Columnâ€

Rissler moved his operation to a secret base located in Argentina. After bringing into the organization Dr. Joseph Krieger, a natural biologist and Nazi sympathizer, the Titan Prime project met with a bit more success. The lack of “subjects†to perform experiments on was a limiting factor. So with the aid of Crey industries, and Dr. Krieger, The 5th Column spent some of its resources in developing cloning technology, and met with success. Crey would use this success to further their legitimate business, and was able to pour even more funds into “The 5th Column’s†other project. Almost all of the testing would now be done on Crey clones.

Finally a powerful, but unstable version of the Titan Prime serum was created. But, each test ended up in a greatly deformed or dead clone. The decision was made to scrap the Titan Prime serum, and break it down into its more base components. A plan was then concocted to create ten different serums, each to be named after one of the Greek Titans from myth. The new project would be named Project Hesiod, after the ancient Greek writer who first told the tales of the Titans. Though their original plan limited their serums to ten, they did discuss expanding that number to cover all of the ancient Titans.

Proposed Ten Titan Serums

Tethys, gifted with great intelligence.

Crius, with the ability to control element earth.

Oceanus, with the ability to control element water.

Hyperion, with the ability to control element air.

Prometheus, with the ability to control element fire.

Rhea, gifted with the powers of teleportation.

Atlas, gifted with great strength and toughness.

Themis, granted the powers of matter creation.

Gaea, with power over the weather.

Cronus, gifted with great speed.

Through out the years, many more experiments were done, and advancements in cloning came a long way. Finally, in the early 1980s, Rissler’s work came to fruition with the birth of the first stable Titan. Tethys was “born†on March 15th, 1983 and this was a great boon for The 5th Column. By the summer of 1985, Tethys’ IQ was off the charts, but he needed to be kept in check because he had turned out be extremely sinister. They were able though, with the assistance of the genius Tethys, to create stable versions of four more Titans, Crius, Oceanus, Hyperion and Prometheus. The only disappointment was that their power level was much lower then expected.

Tethys eventually discovered that the problem was the host body. Their hosts had been too weak, unable to properly contain the massive energies of the transformation process. A process was needed to boost the power of the host body prior the injection of the serum. Tethys began working on ways to produce a more suitable host clone. At the same time, and for his own sinister purposes, he was also secretly involved in working with the less stable Titan Prime serum.

Eventually, Tethys theorized that exposing clone embryos early in their development to cosmic radiation would give them the power needed to better accept the serums. So with this in mind, “The 5th Column,†through Crey Biotech, began plans to construct the “Olympus†space station. After years of large donations to NASA’s space program, and helping them along with the technology needed, Crey got the aid of the US government to go ahead and build “Olympus.†The Olympus Orbital Science Station opened for business on January 21, 1999.

Tethys immediately set to work with the other 5th Column scientists to expose unborn clone embryos to cosmic radiation. In April of 2000, the first batch of embryos was ready for testing. They met with their first great success, creating the Titan Rhea but moments after her creation, she teleported away never to be seen again. Concerned that other newly created Titans might also flee, a Null field was installed in an area of the station so that the Titan’s powers could be reduced. The next batch of embryos was then prepared.

In March 2002, the second batch of embryos were ready for testing. This time however, Tethys had his own sinister machinations in mind. He desired to create a Titan Prime to serve him so that he could leave the control of the 5th Column and plan his own domination of the world. Fate would intervene on March 18th, a disaster of significant proportions. During the hibernation process of the clones, the comet, Ikeya-Zhang, struck Olympus Station. Most of the station was destroyed and all of the clones, but one, were also annihilated from the impact. The surviving clone was “Titan Prime.â€

Titan Prime sustained not only the cosmic radiation of space but also some strange radiations emanating from the comet. This combination affected the genetic structure of Titan Prime, interacting with the serum, and unleashing great powers within him. The radiation also affected Tethys and the four other Titans, unlocking greater powers within them as well. Tethys used this as the perfect opportunity to escape. With the other Titans, he fled to the Earth in an escape pod. Tethys and the other Titans have not been heard from since.

Titan Prime, as he would come to be called, rode the comet into the Earth’s atmosphere and it crashed into the Hudson Bay. He was recovered by a team working for Chiron Enterprises. The scientists at Chiron spent some time examining Titan Prime, allowing his body to continue it modifications and growth. No one made a claim to Titan Prime and little was ever said about the Olympus Station disaster. Titan Prime knows little of Tethys and the other Titans. He was not imprinted with information about them. Chiron Enterprises also knows little of Titan Prime’s origin. When approached by Defender, a member of Champions, Chiron agreed to let Titan Prime go and work with him on a new project in Millennium City.

It can be sure that Tethys will continue his experiments though now he will need more financing. The other four Titans are intensely loyal to Tethys. They will support him in any endeavor. Rhea remains an unknown wild card. The 5th Column is unsure who survived the Olympus disaster, though they are aware of Titan Prime’s existence. They suspect other Titans may have survived but they have no definite proof. Many feel Tethys may have engineered the disaster. The 5th Column has chosen to desist any further research into Project Hesiod and to continue research into other, more promising projects.

Powers/Tactics: Campaign Use: 

It looks pretty good to me and the background is well thought out. The only issue I have is at 400 points he is really pushing the DC cap. Under "normal" campaign caps I would expect about 85 active points being max with a 13 or 14 max DC cap. Without any kind of reduced Endurance on those blasts you may run into a serious problem of spending your Endurance very fast, although your speed is low, I would expect a 5 at 400 points for this type of character, although it may be part of the design.

The other suggestion I have is to throw the Powered Punch into the Multipower, making sure that you also spend the points to make the rest of your punch armour piercing and penetrating. This would be cheaper and more powerful (although I do kind of blanch at the idea of a 13d6 Armour Piercing/Penetrating punch).......

Originally posted by Vex

(although I do kind of blanch at the idea of a 13d6 Armour Piercing/Penetrating punch).......

It's the Great Smitin' Fist of Character Whuppin'!:eek:

I do recommend putting the punch in the multipower as well, though I'd make it Zero Endurance on top of everything else, both to pull the dice of damage down and give you something to do if you wind up gasping for END.

As a GM, I'd be a little wary of your almost total lack of noncombat skills. You have a perfect justification for it, but it does mean you may be spending all the non-fighting time sitting around twiddling your cosmic thumbs.

Awesome thanks CrosshairCollie and Vex for your advice. I'll look into making some of the changes you suggested. I don't have to worry to much about combat down time as I am the GM in this one and he will be an NPC. But I do see your point if I were to ever play him in a game. But given his lack of life experience I see him as on of those characters is will always be "trying" to help, but.....

Thanks again!!

Originally posted by Vex

making sure that you also spend the points to make the rest of your punch armour piercing and penetrating.

Please forgive the newb in me. How would I go about "spending" the points to make the reast of the punch AP/Pen. I assume you mean the 8d6 from STR.

Thanks again!

Originally posted by SMKun

Please forgive the newb in me. How would I go about "spending" the points to make the reast of the punch AP/Pen. I assume you mean the 8d6 from STR.

Thanks again!

Here you go....

53 Cosmic Rays Multipower

Cosmic Rays: Multipower, 80-point reserve, (80 Active Points); all slots Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Slightly Radio Active (within 1" radius); -1/2)

4u 1) Cosmic Blast: Energy Blast 16d6 (80 Active Points); Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Slightly Radio Active (within 1" radius); -1/2), Limited Range (1/2 Range; -1/4), No Knockback (-1/4) 8

2u 2) Ground Zero: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, Area Of Effect (2" radius; +3/4) (79 Active Points); 2 Charges (-1 1/2), No Range (Centered on Self; -1/2), Extra Time (Extra Segment, -1/2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Slightly Radio Active (within 1" radius); -1/2), No Knockback (-1/4)

4u 3) Powered Punch: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2), Penetrating (+1/2) (40 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) and Armor Piercing (+1/2), Penetrating (+1/2) Pointson 40 STR (40 Active Points)

Of course I would build like this....

62 Cosmic Rays Multipower

Cosmic Rays: Multipower, 93-point reserve, (93 Active Points); all slots Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Slightly Radio Active (within 1" radius); -1/2)

4u 1) Cosmic Blast: Energy Blast 15d6, 1/2 End (+1/4) (93 Active Points); Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Slightly Radio Active (within 1" radius); -1/2), Limited Range (1/2 Range; -1/4), No Knockback (-1/4) 3

5u 2) Ground Zero: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, Area Of Effect (2" radius; +3/4), 1/2 End (+1/4) (90 Active Points); Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Slightly Radio Active (within 1" radius); -1/2), No Knockback (-1/4)

4u 3) Powered Punch: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2), Penetrating (+1/2) (40 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) and Armor Piercing (+1/2), Penetrating (+1/2) Pointson 40 STR (40 Active Points)

Total Cost is 76 Points compared to 92 Points originally, which gives you 16 Points to spend on other toys.

One thing I noticed that I think most people did.... all the slots in the multipower are ultra slots meaning you have to use them at full power all the time. The downside is you have a 1d6 to 8d6 punch or a 15d6 EB.....quite a bit of distance between those, so be prepared to accidentally kill someone.

He's only been sentient for about 3 years. Not much time to learn many skills.

We're talking about superheroes though- he can have loads of theoretical knowledge, and perhaps even practical knowledge, through super-science-ey things... RNA dumps, conciousness transfers, internal cybernetic hard-drives, whatever. Since he was a created being, anything is possible. A good idea is to give him somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-60 points of noncombat skills (for a 400-pointer), even if you intend him to be a combat monster, which he apparently is. Consider an Overall Skill Level (10 points) to represent a broad competency.

I think that while 75 END is fine, I think you'd do just as well with 45-50 STUN as you will with 60. Your 30 CON will keep you from bein CON Stunned too often, and if you play your combats well, you won't have to worry about being out for the count too many times with all your defense.

Your attacks really should be the highest ones in your campaign if 400 points is a normal starting value. I would also go with putting the punch attack in your MP, making it 0 END, and lowering the DCs so your Active Point total (what it costs without any limitations outside of a framework) is about the same as your other main attacks.

You may consider pulling either the Armor Piercing or the Penetrating... you're talking about an 18 DC (I think) attack that's going to cost you 9 END to throw. I'd expect that by the time you have closed to within hand attack range of your opponents, you'll probably be down considerably on END and (considering how much of a threat you may pose) STUN and BODY too. In fact, just putting a naked advantage into your MP making your strength AP and 0 End (total cost: 40 points, 16 DC) might be a better way to go, especially since you're more likely going to be fighting a target with resistant defenses, such as a brick or a force-field-wielding mentallist. Or so it seems in my games.

My final critique is that making him "slightly radioactive" when his powers are used is probably not worth a -1/2 limitation. If he made things burst into flames or gave his friends cancer slowly but surely, that would be worth it. At most, it's a distinguishing feature plus a -1/4 limitation for giving himself cancer slowly- despite the immunity from outside carcinogens. Really though this should be a distinguishing feature, or a minor Visible: to radiation-detection equipment and characters (-1/4) rather than a Side Effects if I'm reading it the way you intended it.

Past that, I'm thrilled with the character. Really. Lots of interesting power ideas, stats are not crazy-high, the background is sweet (I'm a sucker for Nazi origins and the silver age in general), and I'd probably let this character concept into my group as the resident brick/powerhouse, provided we didn't have other cosmic-energy-powered characters or another brick/blaster already.

Originally posted by Bengal

In fact, just putting a naked advantage into your MP making your strength AP and 0 End (total cost: 40 points, 16 DC) might be a better way to go, especially since you're more likely going to be fighting a target with resistant defenses, such as a brick or a force-field-wielding mentallist. Or so it seems in my games.

Naked power that's exactly the idea I was looking for. Thanks!! One question though, how do you come up with the 16DC? For some reason I can't get my head around the DC stuff.

Originally posted by Bengal

Past that, I'm thrilled with the character. Really. Lots of interesting power ideas, stats are not crazy-high, the background is sweet (I'm a sucker for Nazi origins and the silver age in general), and I'd probably let this character concept into my group as the resident brick/powerhouse, provided we didn't have other cosmic-energy-powered characters or another brick/blaster already.

Thanks for the kind words on the story. Keep your eyes opend for my next one Shroud, I think a lot of people might like him.

Ok here is the revised version based on comments/advice.

Titan Prime

Player: Nathan

Val Char Cost
40 STR 30
20 DEX 30
30 CON 40
20 BODY 20
10 INT 0
15 EGO 10
15 PRE 5
10 COM 0
20 PD 2
20 ED 4
4 SPD 10
15 REC 2
75 END 8
50 STUN -5
6" RUN02" SWIM08" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 156

Cost Power END
30 Radioactive Hide: Armor (10 PD/10 ED) 0
63 Cosmic Rays: Multipower, 94-point reserve, (94 Active Points); all slots Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Slightly Radio Active (within 1" radius); -1/2)
9m 1) Cosmic Blast: Energy Blast 15d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (94 Active Points); Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Slightly Radio Active (within 1" radius); -1/2), Limited Range (1/2 Range; -1/4), No Knockback (-1/4) 3
2u 2) Ground Zero: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, Area Of Effect (2" radius; +3/4) (79 Active Points); 2 Charges (-1 1/2), No Range (Centered on Self; -1/2), Extra Time (Extra Segment, -1/2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Slightly Radio Active (within 1" radius); -1/2), No Knockback (-1/4) [2]
4m 3) Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (40 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Slightly Radio Active (within 1" radius); -1/2) 0
3u 4) Armor Piercing (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) for up to 40 Active Points of STR (40 Active Points); Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Slightly Radio Active (within 1" radius); -1/2) 0
25 Cosmic Winds: Flight 13", x4 Noncombat (31 Active Points); Requires A CON Roll (-1/4) 3
45 Life Support (Eating Character only has to eat once per week; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Longevity 1600 Years; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week) 0
15 Cosmic Senses: Radar (Radio Group) 0
3 Cosmic Senses: Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group) 0
5 Cosmic Senses: Microscopic (x10) with Sight Group 0
5 Cosmic Senses: +3 versus Range Modifier for Hearing Group 0
6 Cosmic Senses: +6 PER with Normal Hearing 0
Powers Cost: 215

Cost Skill
6 +3 with Cosmic Blast
10 +2 with HTH Combat
2 AK: Millennium City 11-
3 Persuasion 12-
3 Teamwork 13-
3 Tactics 11-
3 Mimicry 11-
0 Language: English (fluent conversation; literate) (3 Active Points)
Skills Cost: 30

Total Character Cost: 400

Val Disadvantages
20 Distinctive Features: Awkward Size: 9' 650Lbs (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
20 Distinctive Features: Odd skin, black with white specs (actual small radioactive exposions on skin) (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
20 Psychological Limitation: Lacks life experience. Only been "alive" for 3 years. (Very Common, Strong)
15 Social Limitation: Nationaly recongnized hero. (Frequently, Major)
15 Social Limitation: Created Crey clone. Secret. (Occasionally, Severe)
30 Hunted: Crey Industries 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Capture)
15 Hunted: The Elementals 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)
15 Susceptibility: Lead, 1d6 damage per Phase in contact with (Uncommon)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 250

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

I like the basic concept and origin. Like Bengal I'm a sucker for Nazi super-soldiers and other Silver Age conventions, and I love to use neo-Nazis in my own campaign.

My biggest qualm has already been mentioned: His "Radio Active" Side Effect. As it is I see no penalty to your characterusing these powers, since he has Life Support vs. Radiation. (If Side Effects ignore defenses, that wouldn't apply. But I don't believe Side Effects bypass defenses.) As is, every time he fires off one of his radiation attacks it will seriously injure anyone standing next to him from radiation damage. This would be tough enough on superheroes; it will be deadly for any normals. It has to be that dangerous; it can't be as weak as an X-ray machine or it wouldn't be worth -1/2 Limitation. A -1/2 Limitation means it can affect the character about 33% of the time. The upshot would be that your hero Titan Prime couldn't fire off his most powerful attacks if there's a normal standing anywhere near him or his next move would be rushing said normal to a hospital.

Personally, I'd dump that Limitation and go with the suggestion to make it a Distinctive Feature Disad. Make the radiation special effects. Lowerer the attacks to 12 or 14 DCs and you'll save enough points to lose the Side Effect.

Again, great concept. I look forward to seeing your next one. :)

Originally posted by Vex

One thing I noticed that I think most people did.... all the slots in the multipower are ultra slots meaning you have to use them at full power all the time. The downside is you have a 1d6 to 8d6 punch or a 15d6 EB.....quite a bit of distance between those, so be prepared to accidentally kill someone.

Unless there was a change in 5th I am unaware of, this is incorrect. The ultra slot simply uses its full portion of the Multipower RESERVE. He can still control how much oomph it has in execution.

So a 50 point ultra slot with a 10d6 EB ALWAYS uses 50 points of the reserve no matter if he actually fires 1d6 or all 10d6.

If you want to further limit it to only fire full blast all the time, that's a different limitation all-together (we have a distinction in lims between "beam effect" and "full power only" - ymmv)

Hmmm, can anyone confirm that Acroyear is correct on this? If so I have done this wrong since I was taught to play on a snowy day back in 1983 (by the way, I live in Dallas so I assume that some people will remember this day... =] )

Wow, 21 years of doing something wrong is just sad....

Quoted from Hero 5th Ed book, page 206. "Fixed slots must take up the full amount of multipower reserve points assigend to them. A character DOESN'T have to usa a Power in a fixed slot at full effect, but it still uses up its full amount if Multipower Reserve points."

I guess you were doing it wrong.

Quoted from Hero 5th Ed book, page 206. "Fixed slots must take up the full amount of multipower reserve points assigend to them. A character DOESN'T have to usa a Power in a fixed slot at full effect, but it still uses up its full amount if Multipower Reserve points."

I guess you were doing it wrong.

Bah, isn't the first time and it won't be the last!!!! =]