20 ED 6 14

5 SPD 3 20

12 REC 12 0

60 END 60 0

59 STUN 50 9

Total Char Cost 193

Cost Skills/ Perks/ Talents

15 Talent: Combat Sense 11-

14 Survival (Temperate/Subtropical, Desert, Mountain)

11 Tracking 15-

3 Riding: Equines 13-

0 TF: Equines

4 Language: English, Completly fluent, literate (Apache Native)

3 Animal Handler (Canines, Equines)

50 Total Cost Skills/Perks/Talents

Cost Martial Arts : Totem Fighting

4 Ram's Horns (Mart Strike) +0 OCV/ +2 DCV 9d6

5 Stallion Kick (Off Strike) -2 OCV/ +1 DCV 11d6

4 Bufallo Charge (Charge) +0 OCV/ -2 DCV 9d6+ V/5, FM

4 Eagle Claw (Kill Strike) -2 OCV/ +0 DCV 1 1/2 d6 HKA

3 Serpent's Coil (Mart Grab) -1 OCV/ -1 DCV Grab 2 Limbs 40 STR to hold

4 Bear Hug (Crush) +0 OCV/+0 DCV 11d6 Crush, must follow grab

4 Scorpion Sting (Nerve Strike) -1 OCV/ +1 DCV, 2 1/2d6 NND

4 Warrior's Path (+1 H-H Damage Class)

32 Total Martial Art Cost

Cost Powers

20 Animal Kindred- Elemental Command (40pt Powers)

20 My Animal Brothers: 8d6 telepathy, animal class of minds

20 Stride of the Stallion: Running +20" (26"Total)

20 Legs of the Rabbit: Leaping +20", Accurate (26" Foreward. 13" up), Reduced End 0 (+1/2)

20 Skin of the Mountain: Damage Resistance 20 PD & 20 ED

20 The Mighty Oak: Knockback Resistance 10"

5 Eyes of the Owl: Night Vision

125 Total Power Cost

Character Cost Points

Characteristics 193

Skl/Prk/Tlnt/MA 82

Powers 125

Total Cost 400 pts= 300 Base + 100 Disadvantages

Cost Disadvantage

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major)

5 Distinctive Feature: Very Large Apache Indian (Concealable, Noticed and recognized, Common senses, not

distinctive in some cultues)

20 DNPC: Family, Joseph (father), Emily (mother), Eliza (grandmother), Jacob (younger brother) 8-, normal

(group dnpc x4)

20 Psychological Limitation: Honorable (Common, Total)

20 Enraged If heritage is insulted or made fun of. Go 14- Recover 11-

20 Psychologiacl Limitation: Hatred of the Invisible Reich (Common, Total)

Personal Info & Origin

Height: 6'8" Weight: 315 lbs Hair: Black Eyes:Black

Quote: You did't just call me 'Tonto' did you?

Origin: Joshua Proudstar was your typical Apache youth, he dreamed of his people's glory days, when they were warriors. He also dreamed of the grandfather he never knew. Jermiah Proudstar died during the great war. Jeremiah despite being Apache knew the Navajo language and when they asked for voulenteers Jermiah went. He was captured, tortured and publically executed, but he never gave up the code. Joshua's grandfather recieved many medals posthuamously and they hung on Joshua's bedroom wall. As he grew he trained his body in case the day came when he would have to fight for something he believed in. Then that day came, the Invisible Reich returned. Joshua watched the television in horror as the same group who killed his grandfather began to reek havoc on the world once more, despite the efforts of the resurected heroine, Free Spirit. Joshua went to an ancient tribal elder and said he wished to help. The elder sent Joshua on a vison quest to find his calling. Joshua wandered the country for over a year and eventually found the tomb of the great indian hero, Hiawatha. He knelt in the tomb and raised his head to the sky in an ancient apache song of battle and honor and the ancient spirits guarding the tomb responded. Joshua was bathed in mystical energies and blakced out. When he awoke Joshua mind was flooded with thoughts that were not his own as he opened his eyes and there in the tomb with him was a rabbit, it was then he realized that the thoughts in his head were the rabbits. "Are you ok my brother?" the rabbit thought and Joshua quickly disovered he could 'talk' to the rabbit via thought. Over the next few days Joshua discovered his other abilities as well and that his ability to communicate via thought was with all animals. As he began to make his way home Joshua was confronted by an ancient wolf , who spoke to Joshu'a mind. "You are the embodiment of the spirit of this land, of it's creatures. of its culture and people of all colors. You are the 'Spirit of America' defend her well" And with that the wolf left and Joshua was now what he always dreamed of...he was A WARRIOR....and not even the Invisible Reich could take that away from him.

Please fellow Team Freedom hopefuls/players let me know what you think especially about character concept and origin..I think I can take the criticism :eek:

Just kiddin Im cool with all criticism :cool:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Join Team Freedom!

Like Fascination, Magesight, and Rapid Healing? :P

Those are from Fantasy Hero, not FREd, although they pop up in HeroDesigner.

You are possibly right, however all of the above are just simple ways to build effects from powers and or Skill Mods. I could build them up, but then again why? As long as they are known effects this is short hand.

Magesight - Detect Magic

Rapid Healing -Regeneration with bought down period

Fascination - Skill levels to social rolls -limited

But I think my original point was a good one. With 400 points people really should diversify out of the everyman skills and get some useful NC things. For one this is a PBeM game, we are going to do a lot of talking and wombats are likely going to get bored.

Hawksmoor

I see no great reason that more powerful characters to HAVE to purchase more skills. Sylph is a 20 year old who has been fighting crime for 2 years relying on her powers rather than investigative and social skills. To me she is a beginning PC and as such will develop over time.

why did some one mention Magesight for her? shes not magical.

I can ditch teleport others and get 2 more social skills.

I see no great reason that more powerful characters to HAVE to purchase more skills. Sylph is a 20 year old who has been fighting crime for 2 years relying on her powers rather than investigative and social skills. To me she is a beginning PC and as such will develop over time.

Perhaps, but contacts and favors would still be in character. Plus if she is gregarious or friendly some Persuasion would be nice. Also KS: Alternative Music, some sort of Dancing Skill, KS: Recreational Drugs, AK: Good Clubs. All of those skills provide a good mechanical basis for a character. Plus you never know when detailed knowledge of the club scene might help.

Also in response to "why did some one mention Magesight for her? shes not magical." That was in reference to my PC the Crimson Seraph.

I am not trying to be a jerk or anything, please understand that. I am not the moderator or auditor. I am just another player trying to help his cogamers develop characters that will work, and work together.

Accordingly, criticism of my PC build is encouraged. As I said FRed is coming but has not arrived, and Online Store does not support APO addresses so Hero Designer 2.0 is out of the question. So any PCs I build are not going to be up to spec and would love to know how to change him to match the new rules.

Hawksmoor

"You filthy stinking Nazi! Take that!" The Crimson Seraph to Commander Blitzkreig

You are possibly right' date=' however all of the above are just simple ways to build effects from powers and or Skill Mods. I could build them up, but then again why? As long as they are known effects this is short hand.[/quote']I wouldn't exactly call them shorthand for known effects in either 4th or 5th Edition, and I'd be surprised if you commonly saw them included in superhero character builds here on the boards.

But whatever-- I'm not running the game, obviously, so I'm not about to tell you what to do with your character. It's up to the GM if nonstandard Talents from FH and SH are to be included. I was just pointing it out.

I wouldn't exactly call them shorthand for known effects in either 4th or 5th Edition, and I'd be surprised if you commonly saw them included in superhero character builds here on the boards.

But whatever-- I'm not running the game, obviously, so I'm not about to tell you what to do with your character. It's up to the GM if nonstandard Talents from FH and SH are to be included. I was just pointing it out.

If Nexus asks me to change them I will of course. I appreciate the advice. Standard characters were explict in his/her post.

Are there still openings in the game? I haven't played Champions since the first edition, but have recently picked up the hero's 5th ed and the champions books, I should have the superpowers database next week.

If you stiil need characters, I'll try to get you one soon.

Okeydokey. That makes my decision process easier. It was between this PBEM, another, and nothing at all while I continue my 4e to 5e conversion of adventures. This makes it easier.

Good luck and have fun!