Game Maps and Counters Exchange

etherio

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Game Maps and Counters Exchange

Finally found the tile sets. I didn't go into them very deeply to sort them but one group is 48x48 pixels, the other 60x60. Many have transparent sections and can be laid over others, like a the pentagram, crosswalk lines etc. The walls, for the most part, are from WebRPG. Some have been modified. The furnature and street stuff, like newstands, dumpsters, desks, etc. are my work. If you use them, give us all a look.

http://the-wild-hunt.org/Large60x60.zip

http://the-wild-hunt.org/Small48x48.zip

Enjoy

:thumbup: Excellent...downloading the tilesets now. I'll surely be using them for something soon...want to give my players a little fun, in-the-streets combat for a change. They've been spending a little too much time underground, inthe countryside, on the moon, and the like. I think they'd enjoy a little down-and-dirty, car-tossing, lightpole swingin' action.

Etherio,

Any chance you have the full color pics of some of the heroes and villains you posted tiles for? Just wondering if you have full color shots of the Coil guys, Deathstroke, Protectors, and any of the other characters you made tiles for. If you have, could you post 'em, please?

I'll check back in on this thread after I'm home in a week as I have many maps I could post somewhere and reference here. Perhaps some useful pics as well. Great thread idea!

Awesome...your contributions would be much appreciated. Hopefully, other GMs who come across this thread will follow your lead.

Most of us have homemade maps or props that others of us could find useful. ...or maybe just links to places with cool resources like that.

Etherio,

Any chance you have the full color pics of some of the heroes and villains you posted tiles for? Just wondering if you have full color shots of the Coil guys, Deathstroke, Protectors, and any of the other characters you made tiles for. If you have, could you post 'em, please?

...not of the guys you mentioned here specifically, but I do have pics for my PCs and villains. They're posted here.

http://herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16247&page=1&pp=15

Awesome...your contributions would be much appreciated. Hopefully, other GMs who come across this thread will follow your lead.

Most of us have homemade maps or props that others of us could find useful. ...or maybe just links to places with cool resources like that.

I hope we can develop a good exchange. I don't really enjoy doing maps, so would love to find readymade ones. Also would love to find good pics. Maybe if this develops more widley we could end up with a joint site or something.

Of course it should be mentioned many maps will be things taken off the web and then with a hex map over it or the like. Some stuff I'm sure is somebody else's intellectual property. Hope that's cool with everyone.

BTW, I hope nobody's going to complain about people's submiissions. Free is free, and sharing is nice. Let's just back off if we think "eww, that looks bad" (some of my stuff DOES, I know it okay?) - it still may be useful. And if not, well, hey, it was nice of someone to share.

While about half of the tiles I have offered are from WebRPG, they are offered freely by the original artists through WebRPG. Those that I designed I offer freely as well in the hope that others will use them and offer their resultant maps there.

I hope we can develop a good exchange. I don't really enjoy doing maps, so would love to find readymade ones. Also would love to find good pics. Maybe if this develops more widley we could end up with a joint site or something.

Of course it should be mentioned many maps will be things taken off the web and then with a hex map over it or the like. Some stuff I'm sure is somebody else's intellectual property. Hope that's cool with everyone.

BTW, I hope nobody's going to complain about people's submiissions. Free is free, and sharing is nice. Let's just back off if we think "eww, that looks bad" (some of my stuff DOES, I know it okay?) - it still may be useful. And if not, well, hey, it was nice of someone to share.

Here is a map of the Klausner Gallery' date=' an art gallery owned by my character in his secret ID. The scale is 2m per inch.[/quote']

Perfect for my uses...

I'll just paste it in a layer over my hex map file and print...bingo, instant encounter.

(Now I just have to work an art gallery into a scenario.)

I hope we can develop a good exchange...

Me, too...and for other things besides maps. We could make this a really cool, dynamically-evolving GM resource, as long as people post as well as download.

Yes...please don't post things that are for sale as maps. Nobody wants to get in trouble. However, there are lots of maps on architects' websites and the like, that are meant as advertising for contractors. I'm sure that us borrowing for geeky, unrelated, non-commercial purposes will be considered harmless.

Amen to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a couple of maps for a real research institute I found somewhere on the internet some time ago....don't remember where I got them, but they weren't for sale as maps. They were on the institute's website. This is perfect for a supers game.

This is Great, I'm bookmarking pages & Links so I can come back latter. I've been doign a bit of carboard mini's myself up until a few weeks ago, when I got Brave and started making things a bit more 3d... 1st I started with a GREAT set of Cardboard terrian from the guys @ MicroTactix.com I bought their "Dirt Cheap City Scape" set & later their "Starship" Interiors set. But from those 2 sets + the Free Downloads I was able to make quite a few 'Custom' buildings... It's really not all that hard, all you need is a sturdy printer, Ink and some 65lb cardstock.

Next I got even Braver and I started in on all the 'Hero Clix' I had laying around, and with a little sculpy, Paint and lots of patients we've come up with some reasonable facsimilies of our characters.

1st I'll post some of the Buildings:

These were all taken from a battle the team recently had vs Mechanon in a downtown area.

Unfortunatly I can't give ya the files for the Scyscrapers (but you can get em Dirt cheap @ http://www.Microtactix.com) but I can get anyone who wants my own custom buildings I made myself, just e-mails me and we'll see about gettign them to you (they are in Photoshop file format, as I don't have Acrobat to make the pdf files)

This was an Inside battle that I used 3D terrain for. It was an underground/underwater base occupied by Prof Muerte (yeah I kept him around for 5the ed :-) ) It was a sort of 'Moon-room' like in the Abyss where the mini-subs could be lowered into the water, so the indentation that looks like water IS... and it was just above Freezing (they were after all under the Arctic cap)

OK here are a few of the Hero Clix re-painted to be Characters in our Campaign.

Aftershock - Mutant w/Sismic Powers, and a very Dense body structure. His Criminal past has made him the team's resedent link to the streets.

Original Hero Clix used: Blizard

Amazon - Muant Superstrong teenager. just over 7'tall this Blond Bombshell towers over most bricks. She's curently a member of a militant Mutant group calling themsevels Omega.

Original Hero Clix used: She Hulk

Thrash - Curent Leader of AvantGuard. Mutant Brick, and over all Hero for the Pepsi Generation. Thrash is striving to be the world's greatest brick, and is damn close to being just that.

Original Hero Clix used: Bane w/a Sandman head

...but I can get anyone who wants my own custom buildings I made myself' date=' just e-mails me and we'll see about gettign them to you (they are in Photoshop file format, as I don't have Acrobat to make the pdf files)[/quote']

The 3D stuff looks awesome, Wildcat...please do post them.

You can just save the .psd format files as .jpg, .bmp, etc...and then upload those. I'd be stoked to get my hands on them.

...And zornwil...thanks for jumping back into this thread. Can't wait to see what you've got to show.

Blastar - Ex-Spec Opps Turned Hero. She uses a hightech set of Boots & Guantlets w/a Force Field generating costume to keep up with the rest of the Team.

Original Hero clix used: Electra (1st Marvel set) reworked alot.

Nice pics' date=' too, by the way Wildcat. Looks like you put a lot of work into GMing. I try, but I've got to budget my time. I bet your players look forward to your games.[/quote']

Thanx I do try to put some effort into my games. I'm not sure how I do it, we game Every Wed + Everyother Sat. Ive even resorted to a Co-GM... he helps me w/Char write ups, Paints the Minis & heps me run the Villians on game day.

Anyway Thanx again... & I hope my Players look forward to it :-)