Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Von D-Man is now 56 posts into his run this afternoon (morning/evening/whatever whereever you are).

I think he's goin' for some kinda record here, folks.

You should have seen the last time I was in juggernaut mode.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!

Good point. How are the little ones?

Very good. Oldest child is very observant and anticipates everything. Younger child is a holy terror and a daredevil. Both have been refining their meniacle laughter.

My niece is teething too, her 1st birthday in a couple of days. She can walk and loves her grandparents.

One is 2 and as always at that age cute, fun, and a handful. He is very definately got his own mind and states so frequently.

The eldest is nearly five, one month approx to go. I'm sure he is counting the sleeps. He went from Pre-school straight to Transition (he skipped Pre-Transition) and is just starting playing sport.

That's nice.

Very good. Oldest child is very observant and anticipates everything. Younger child is a holy terror and a daredevil. Both have been refining their meniacle laughter.

Second child syndrome. They have to compete for attention with the oldest. Often are the most intelligent of the brood. A scarey thought in my case.

I find that Crichton comes up with really good concepts but falls down in the execution. For example I hated every character in JP and really wanted the dinosaurs to eat everyone. The movie was outstanding' date=' but I consider that to be less Crichton and more Spielberg. Congo the movie was really terrible.[/quote']

Its not the size of the ship, but the motion of the ocean. Got it.

I'll toss ONE post this way. More and I'll feel like I'm contributing to the overproliferation of 'threads that ain't what NGD oughta be about'.

It's depressing. I want to boost my post count, but no one cooperates... :(

Thank you for sharing oh great definer of what the ngd board should be about. My only question is: are people having fun?

I'm trying, this should make lucky 13.

All in the name of Community Spirit, Dr. A pass the non-alcoholic wine over here.

:rockon:

Did you know - in the kabbalah - there are 13 attributes of mercy commonly attributed to the Almighty, though obviously, they should be infinate...

Eh.. I'll give it a shot. Though if I had my druthers' date=' I'd like to see the A &Q thread be the one to beat the Catsuit pagent in post-count ;) I was very pleased to see it pass the Q&A thread :D[/quote']

ONE THREAD TO RULE THEM ALL!!!

I think we should factor in the WGAC Index. That stands for "Who Gives A Crap?" It uses the number of views a thread has to modify its number of replies. Based on my entirely unscientific observation, the average thread has roughly ten time the number of views as it does replies. So the WGAC Index is calculated by (views / replies * 10).

Here are the WGAC Indices for the threads with the most replies:

WAG1 .334

WAG2 .304

A&Q .657

Q&A .589

random about random .792

WAG1.5 .286

random 1.028

catsuit 2.239

opposites game .375

You can see that the game threads suck for WGAC, and sex definitely sells. So if we multiply the total replies by the WGAC Index, here are the current thread champs with their modified size:

WAG1 4834

catsuit 2976

WAG2 2400

random about random 2260

A&Q 2177

Q&A 1736

random 1524

WAG1.5 530

opposites game 440

WAG1 still wins by virtue of sheer volume, but one Catsuit reply is worth almost seven WAG1 replies. Now we have a more realistic goal to which this thread can aspire, a possible methodology to calculate how well we're doing, and scientific proof that I've got way too much time on my hands this morning.

-AA

Only a gamer...