Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Hey' date=' AA, isn't it about time you updated your info to "Triple Millennial Master"? Or are you waiting to hit 4k posts so you can become a "Double (Double Millennial Master)"? :)[/quote']

One post can equal a thousand, and yet a thousand cannot equal even one

I had no problem with Crichton's characters. But then generally I'm not the sort who dislikes a character and wants to see him killed. Annoying, imperfect, opinionated and/or self-serving characters are just fine for me. Quite interesting, in fact. The only archetype I don't care for is the uber-competant ne'er-do-wrong hero who runs around telling & showing everyone else how they're losers compared to him. Which is why I've never made it past the first hundred pages of a Jack Ryan novel.

-AA

Omni-competence. Overall skill levels. An efficient buy.

Oh my ever loving... my friend has apparently created an account as as we speak is replying in Burning Times. I expect to see a totally chaotic outburst in that thread soon.

Chaos Monkey. Sounds like a good handle.

Holy cats. D-Man is responding to every post on the thread. 165 pages at 15 posts a page...

...um...carry the two...

Over 2400 posts!

You could have just looked in the upper right hand corner of the last post. It tells you what number post in the thread you're at. :)

Holy cats. D-Man is responding to every post on the thread. 165 pages at 15 posts a page...

...um...carry the two...

Over 2400 posts!

You goin' for your decamillennial master title, D?

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I have my settings at 50 posts per page, though.

I've never read Crichton' date=' but I also prefer "normal" people to the Doc Savage "I can do anything" types. And even you [b']do[/b] have such a character, they are only offensive if they have no real flaws.

I can do anything you can do better!

I've never read Crichton' date=' but I also prefer "normal" people to the Doc Savage "I can do anything" types. And even you [b']do[/b] have such a character, they are only offensive if they have no real flaws.

No perfection for you!

Stephen King? Meh. It's not that he's a bad writer or anything. His prose is easy enough to read and I've got quite engaged with some of the characters in the books I've read. It's just that I don't like having to read approx. the length of the average short novel as he tries to create the utterly spurious sense of normality which we know he's just going to ditch eventually anyway. This is just a waste of time' date=' and not good writing, IMO. ;)[/quote']

Its not that he's a good writer, either.

Real life interrupts. Posting Juggernaut holding pattern begins...

Very good. Oldest child is very observant and anticipates everything. Younger child is a holy terror and a daredevil. Both have been refining their meniacle laughter.

One must train them well for the Meglomaniac school does have standards and one of them is based on ones laugh.

30 second rule MUST DIE A VIOLENT DEATH NOW!!!

Yes. Yes it does. I think it should be inversely proportional to how many posts you have. Someone's second post may take place a couple minutes later, while those of us who have been here with plenty of time on our hands and typing like mad...