Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

No matter where you stand, no matter how far or fast you flee, when it hits the fan, as much as possible will be propelled in your direction, and almost none will be returned to the source. --John L. Shelton

The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words, there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.

From an article on the growth

of federal regulations in the

Oct. 24th issue of National Review

".....and again we enter the valley of death, but we shall fear no evil for we are the baddest motherf------ in the valley." --Richard Marcinko, Leader of SEAL Team 6

/edited to comply with forum rules

PATER noster, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

Guest kawaii gin neko

there's no belle like a southern belle. - southern belle dairy commercial

^^

Guest Skaramine

Thou doth shalt not phooqeth with things thou dost not understand, lest God kick your candy ass with your own phooq up.

-Me

Guest kawaii gin neko

No matter where you go -- there you are.

- Buckaroo Banzai

XD buckaroo banzai!!!!!!!!!! *squeals*

oh, uh...quote...

luke skywalker gives me the shivers! - my hs best friend, jessihoe

Let us say, that the quality of our lives are based on a concrete point system. Now if there is no God, and you spend your life worshiping him, then at the end of your life you receive minus 10 life quality points, because you wasted your life worshiping him. Likewise if you spend your life not worshiping God, and he doesn't exist, you get bonus 10 quality points for living a full and free life. Now if God DOES exist going to heaven will get you infinite quality points and going to hell will get you infinite low quality points. Therefore it makes absolutely no sense to not believe in God. If not for your complete faith, then out of fear of the statistical risk of going to hell. Better safe then sorry. --Blaine Theriot (AKA Thinks Faith Is A Betting Pool Bastard).

/Incidentally, he's also Plagarizing Bastard. This is a long winder version of Pascal's Wager.

Yup. Goes on the assumption that if any deities exist that they would be fooled by someone pretending to believe in them so that they wouldn't get punished for not believing. Now, I don't personally believe that there are any deities. However, if there were any and they had a fraction of the power people attribute to them, I'm pretty sure they would see through such pretended faith. And in fact might be more insulted by it than people like me that don't believe and don't pretend that we do.

But hey, maybe that's just me... :D

You've got a heart of glass or a heart of stone

Just you wait 'til I get you home

We've got no future, we've got no past

Here today, built to last

In every city, in every nation

From Lake Geneva to the Finland station

(How far have you been?)

In a West End town, a dead end world

The East End boys and West End girls

A West End town, a dead end world