Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

The water is cold enough you don't want to be in it without a suit. On weekends, at least, there are usually several divers there. The water in Puget Sound is also murky, with a very short line of sight distance.

which two teams were playing, and was the game recent? (Geelong v Hawthorn, right?)

And did you like what you saw?

Exactly the match. I couldn't tell you how recent; it is obviously not a live feed, since they clip out all the bits between a goal and the restart at the center, so there are clear, if minor, discontinuities that rule out a live broadcast. It was on TV here about 30 hours back, though. ;)

I've seen it the game before and I'm slowly getting to understand it.

Exactly the match. I couldn't tell you how recent; it is obviously not a live feed, since they clip out all the bits between a goal and the restart at the center, so there are clear, if minor, discontinuities that rule out a live broadcast. It was on TV here about 30 hours back, though. ;)

I've seen it the game before and I'm slowly getting to understand it.

Right, cause I follow Hawthorn and was mildly devastated they lost by one point. (round 17) IIRC the match was not last week but the week before that. Geelong is one of the in-form sides this year, the other being St Kilda, both were undefeated until they played each other in Round 14.

Last week my team lost again, a game they could have (should have) won if they want to keep their chances alive if they want to play in the finals and defend their Premiership from last year. Season Ladder

And on another note ...

The last kitten from the previous batch goes in to get fixed in the morning. His sibs all got fixed a couple weeks ago, but it turns out this one has a nondescended testicle so it takes nonstandard surgery to get that done.

And, we got three new wee ones a few days ago. We are pinch-fosters for them; the previous foster suffered a bike accident and broke a bone. All three have points, two females, one male; the male is tailless. Real sweeties; we think they've been bottle-fed.

It is impressive how one can watch a soccer game and decide which team is going to win based purely on the first three or four minutes, even when the game ends 1-0 and the goal wasn't scored until the 70th minute or so.

Not hardly. I've reached the point where I can assess quickly which side is playing better, but I can't tell what is making for that difference and what measures can be taken to alter the course of the game.