The cranky thread

Hermit

Guest Skaramine

Re: The cranky thread

For years, I've been trying to get the pbt smiley, and finally I just learned about it being the tonguewav smiley.

Stupid :P always turned the pbt into :pbt, not :tonguewav like I wanted.

AND THEN, you have to not put the second colon on :tonguewav or else you get :tonguewav:

Okay. I'm on my way to work. I start walking to the train station. I step into the sewer grating and slip on a plastic bottle left there. I try to regain my footing, only to sprain my ankle. I have to limp uphill back to my house to see to it. And I have to call in sick because I can barely walk around.

Can't you tell my week started out right?

Guest Skaramine

Well, the good thing is that you're a TKD martial artist. Your ankle might have been worse off if you weren't such an athlete. Plus, you'll heal faster.

I did an article on this in High School.

Well, the good thing is that you're a TKD martial artist. Your ankle might have been worse off if you weren't such an athlete. Plus, you'll heal faster.

I did an article on this in High School.

Hopefully that's the case. I'll probably not be able to work out tomorrow, though. It sucks not being able to kick! :(

No problem. I sprained my ankle playing volleyball once and for bureaucratic reasons was unable to get any real treatment for it for a week. When I finally got to see a real doctor, he told me the sprain was so bad that if I'd come to him the day it happened, he'd have put me in a cast. Instead I got an Aircast brace and a pair of crutches. It was at least two months before I could walk again. Seriously. So, I sympathize.

Jehovah's Witnesses . . .

von D-Man was right, all missionaries should be eaten!

Somehow I forgot you'd get those outside of the States.

I always want to invite them in and let them discuss or horrify them by leaving a dildo or something out, but for 2 reasons I haven't/won't: one, they always show up at a time when I'm still in bed; but two, my wife doesn't want the grief of giving them any sort of invitation as they would likely return, which I understand.

I heard that multitasking is a pain in the butt, but for ants... it's not.

They can sting without damaging themselves like bees. Their stingers are barbless and don't rupture their abdomens when they tear free from flesh or armor.

Many species of ants also shoot acid, either with or without biting.

I have hiccups from laughing too hard.

:tonguewav

One of the worst experiences I've had was when I hiccupped for some 4 days, the first 3 without any long gaps, finally started to get it under control the 4th day if I recall. I found that the trick of drinking water, holding your nose, until you feel like you're drowning worked, but only after many applications each time the hiccupping came back. None of the other solutions worked.

Okay. I'm on my way to work. I start walking to the train station. I step into the sewer grating and slip on a plastic bottle left there. I try to regain my footing, only to sprain my ankle. I have to limp uphill back to my house to see to it. And I have to call in sick because I can barely walk around.

Can't you tell my week started out right?

Ouch, sorry to hear that.

One of the worst experiences I've had was when I hiccupped for some 4 days' date=' the first 3 without any long gaps, finally started to get it under control the 4th day if I recall. I found that the trick of drinking water, holding your nose, until you feel like you're drowning worked, but only after many applications each time the hiccupping came back. None of the other solutions worked.[/quote']

I can stop hiccuping whenever I want . . . :D It's just a matter of tensing the diaphragm in just the right way, and voila!

I can stop hiccuping whenever I want . . . :D It's just a matter of tensing the diaphragm in just the right way' date=' and [i']voila[/i]!

I have one surefire cure for hiccups. Works for the case you've got right now, and for the next three or four that come along. What is it?

Swallow half a teaspoon of vinegar. White vinegar for preference, apple cider doesn't work as well, it's too sweet. Any flavored vinegar distracts from the cure, it's gotta be plain distilled white vinegar. Don't sip it, but don't gulp it, either. It's gotta burn.

Then the next three or four cases? Just concentrate on the memory of the burn as it slides down your throat. You won't need another dose for a good long while.

Only thing that really works.

Guest Skaramine

Actually, I switched to my pic because I thought he was usin' the bouncy. lol

Didn't know so many people objected to my face. :eek:

Not objecting to the face... and Starlord can use the blue bouncy...

I think they just told him to take down the one in the rubber dress with the shaky butt. :(