Dean Shomshak's The Mystic World (& Arcnae Adversaries)

TheQuestionMan

Re: Dean Shomshak's The Mystic World (& Arcnae Adversaries)

I will admit that as Archlichs go, I found Archimago to be a more interesting and compelling character than Takofanes; kind of the Mystic World's answer to Dr. Destroyer. But that is after all a matter of taste. Mind you, the insight into Tak's mind at the start of The Mystic World did serve to clarify why he acts as he does, added even more horror to him, and even a touch of pathos. Still don't think he'd be that interesting to run, though. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Archimago came back from the dead in his 4E incarnation; no reason he couldn't do it again some day. :)

Well having got the original Mystic World and Enemies, I loathed Tyrannon. And of yet I have seen nothing in the Playtest manuscript to change my mind. The fact that there are a couple of things to take Tyrannon's mind off things is good. And I think the idea has been better expressed but I still don't like him.

I may wait to see the art before changing judgement.

But if it's anything like the character art beside the stats in most Champions products I won't be that happy.

An idea for playing Takofanes: Buy, Borrow, or Beg a copy of Turakian Age, read up all the personality descriptions for Kal-Turak, then start working through your head what *he* would be thinking on being defeated, while waiting through 25000 years of imprisonment, and ultimately, on being freed into a completely alien world.

Well having got the original Mystic World and Enemies, I loathed Tyrannon. And of yet I have seen nothing in the Playtest manuscript to change my mind. The fact that there are a couple of things to take Tyrannon's mind off things is good. And I think the idea has been better expressed but I still don't like him.

I may wait to see the art before changing judgement.

But if it's anything like the character art beside the stats in most Champions products I won't be that happy.

Really? Why not?