Is this the most abusive HERO character ever?

Yamo

Inspired by the latest "how to do time stopping" thread...

Ladies and gentlemen, my next Champions character!

...Okay, not really, but I wanted to see the fun I could have with 350 points or less.

"Time Dude"

Characteristics:

STR: 10

DEX: 40

CON: 10

BODY: 10

INT: 10

EGO: 10

PRE: 10

COM: 10

PD: 17

ED: 17

SPD: 12

REC: 4

END: 20

STUN: 20

Running: 6"/12"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Leaping: 2"/4"

Total Characteristics Cost: 190

Powers:

Time Freeze: Extra-Dimensional Movement (to outside the timestream, where the user is the only thing not frozen in time), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points), Total Cost: 60 Points

Irresistible Assaults: RKA 1d6, Variable Advantage (various NND Advantages only, +2), Does BODY (+1), Variable Special Effects (+1/2 ), Affects Desolidified (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (82 Active Points), Total Cost: 82 Points

Toughness: Damage Resistance (17 PD/17 ED) (17 Active Points), Total Cost: 17 Points

Total Powers Cost: 159

Total Character Cost: 349

Notes:

Dispite the long-running controversy, the 5th Editition rulebook does seem to indicate that time travel EDM is the "legal" way to build time stopping. Who am I to argue? :)

The 1d6 RKA might seem limited, but Time Dude can always make it into an appropriate NDD attack that Does BODY and kill his opponent slowly but surely. After all, time isn't a factor.

Time Dude's one weakness would be that another SPD 12 character with DEX 40 or more (yeah, right...) could theoretically go first in combat and kill him with a single powerful attack before he can active his Time Freeze. The easiest way around this is simply to activate the Power long before entering into any combat situation. ;)

Well, what do you think? Most abusive ever?

Originally posted by Wormhole

Interresting contruct. If for some reason I as GM were to allow it (at the very least, that should involve one hell of a bribe), Time Dude would run into a large pack of Steven King's Langoliers the first time he entered the Frozen Time "dimension".:eek: :eek: :eek:

CRUNCH! CRUNCH! CRUNCH! CRUNCH! CRUNCH!

"Hey!? What's that sound!?"

Guest Champsguy

Interesting.

Definitely not the most abusive character ever, but interesting nonetheless. You've obviously never seen some of the characters who made Aid become 10 points per die. :D

One question: How does he reach a flying character?

Another question: What happens when he runs into a character who also has Time Powers? My Speedster had a VPP to simulate superspeed, and he could thus enter into the "moving so fast that time is effectively stopped" dimension.

:cool:

Guest Champsguy

You can run this character in our game, but I'm warning you: I'll be playing the character named "100D6 Killing Attack Man". Guess what his power is. :D

Since the GM gets to decide how the physics works on other Dimensions, I would say in the land outside of time you are de-solid to the world and can only use extra dimensional powers to return to the time-stream or for observation purposes :D

Z.O.T.H “PARADOX SOLVEDâ€

Re: Is this the most abusive HERO character ever?

Originally posted by Yamo

Time Dude's one weakness would be that another SPD 12 character with DEX 40 or more (yeah, right...) could theoretically go first in combat and kill him with a single powerful attack before he can active his Time Freeze. The easiest way around this is simply to activate the Power long before entering into any combat situation. ;)

Not the most abusive.

You cannot avoid the DEX 41 SPD 12 guy.

ex 1:

GM: You're walking down the street on routine patrol.

TD: I activate my Time Stop Power

GM: OK, everything stops. Now what?

ex 2:

GM: You're walking down the street on routine patrol.

TD: Anything goin on?

GM: Nothing happen until your second hour on the beat. You see a bright streak of light coming towards you. Phase 12..

I thought this one was abusive in 4th ed.

Off the top of my head.

1/2d6 (std effect 2 points) transfer, area of effect (radius) with multiple increased range, only body from inanimate objects, cannot take the last point of body, reduced fade rate.

Transferred body goes to:

additional top end for transfer

main pool and control cost for a cosmic VPP.

Basically, it's the "FIST OF THE NORTH STAR" power-up power.

It was horribly cheesy and fantastically point-inefficient, I think for every 10 character points transferred, only 1 went to the actual VPP, maybe even less.

But when every hex of dirt has 16 body, and each phase the area of effect swells based on the increased active points of the power...

(Blatantly ripped from the Thanic Rod from Mystic Masters)