Team Shuttle Help?

AslanC

In tonight's session the Protectors of New York lost both their Space Needle style tower base and their round UFO looking team shuttle, the P.O.N.Y. Express.

So for next session they will reform as simply The Protectors, have a new base built, called Protectors Plaza (built on the site of the old Protector's Needle/Tower) and they are designing a new shuttle (Called P.O.N.Y. Express 2 in honour o the old one) but they want it to be more fightercraft/Blackbird style.

I am looking for images that could represent it, anyone got any links or suggestions?

I went to the ROBOTECH rpg and didn't see anything that jumped out at me, but haven't scoured the RIFTS books yet, or anime sources.

I appreciate all the help that folks can provide :)

Re: Team Shuttle Help?

i was designing a new vehical this week basically a stealth super craft looks like a lear jet but with all the extras a super needs. i was going to knock up a image of it in photoshop so when im done I'll post it here!

lets see the blackbird designation is SR! i think or you coudl try teh u2 both high speed spy planes.

another suggestion try suborbital planes and space planes as searches they will produce higher tech and sleaker looking craft.

You might also try "Concept aircraft" and "Aurora" for the vaporware replacement for the Blackbird. I got a nice set of images of a blended wing mothercraft and a smaller needlelike parasite shuttle that way that represents my players' plane. They use the whole thing to go crosscountry, and the parasite shuttle to go crosstown. Best of both worlds that way, you have the X-jet to look chic and the quinjet when you need to actually park the darn thing. ;)

Guest Major Tom

If you're looking for a Blackbirdesque ship to use as a basis for the PONY Express 2,

then check out the Silent Death section of the Iron Crown Enterprises web-

site. On the part where the current range of SD minis is shown, you'll find an

entry for a fighter mini called the "Samurai". The artwork for the mini is suggest-

ive of a space version of the Blackbird, and might be just what you're looking

for.

Major Tom :thumbup:

For super jets, you can't go far wrong swiping from Gatchaman. Here's a line art of the God Phoenix from the 94 Gatchaman, plus a picture of it flying over the ocean. I changed the color scheme, to differentiate it from the source material a bit. The "new" God Phoenix design was very much SR-71 inspired, I think you'll agree.

Of course the X-Men's X-Jet originally WAS an SR-71 Blackbird with a few extra things such as VTOL thrusters and such added. And the version from the latest movie is just thoroughly kick ass. Here's a few pictures ripped from the 2nd disc of the deluxe DVD set.