Would you allow...

Patriot

Re: Would you allow...

I'd certainly allow it. If a STUN only fire attack still does damage to the villian it make the Heroes think before they strike. Or at least give them some shock-value when they accidentally kill or wound the villian. It'd be a great tool to complicate the life of a fire-user with a Code vs. Killing.

As for point value...

A KA costs three times as much for a DC as a normal attack (15 vs. 5 points per DC). So effectively the victim is taking three-times the active point cost in effect from the attack. Fire is a common attack form (heat, which would include fire would be very common). It'd really be a custom disad but it is closest to being a Vunerability. So I'd say 10 points for common attack form and I'd use the x2 multiplier. Even though it is x3 Active point effect I think x2 is good enought. So I'd call it a 20 point disadvantage.

I'd actually take it as a Susceptability. Even though people generally take damage from Fire, and even though Susceptability is normally for taking damage from things others don't take damage from, your situation seems worthy of expanding the definition of Susceptability a bit. You take damage from Fire no matter what, even if defenses would otherwise have protected you, and you take BODY damage even if you otherwise would not have.

Guest Witch Doctor

I know this sounds bizarre, but for villains - particularly villains in games where the PCs are required to take "Code vs. Killing" or the like - this is an advantage. It means that the PCs cannot attack them with fire based attacks.

I was thinking about creating an opponent somethign like Origami from Golden age champions, my question is this Would you allow the dis-ad Takes body from any fire attack(even if opponent calls stun only)?

and what would it be worth?

Something that might be more cinematic is that the character loses his/her powers when attacked by fire, or soaked in water... :winkgrin:

I'm also thinking of an Origami type character (but mine comes from the Jackie Chan Adventures cartoon). I'll see if I can post him when I get him done...

Jak

(driveby response)

I know this sounds bizarre' date=' but for villains - particularly villains in games where the PCs are required to take "Code vs. Killing" or the like - this is an advantage. It means that the PCs cannot attack them with fire based attacks.[/quote']

I would disagree. A Susceptibility or Vulnerability is a Disad any way you look at it, but like many Disads, there are ways to make it work to your advantage (but not very often).

I agree with Derek that Susceptibility would be the best way to go. That way he'll take extra damage from any fire attack, and still take BODY damge from STUN only ones. Personally, I'd put it at max damage, but at 5 points less, and gague the damage taken on the DC of the attack.