New Guy Name

Dust Raven

Okay, I've got a new guy in my group. He's playing a character called Parasym.

He's a great guy and his character's concept is awsome! :rockon: But I really can't stand the name he came up with. I'm looking for alternate ideas.

Basically, he's been trapped in the Astral Plane for 20 years, and while there, some astral creature decided to use his body and an incubator for one of its young. Then a rift opens, and he's back on Earth, with the creature in him. Because it's astral, it has no physical form, but is bonded to the character's spirit.

Now, because the creature was never meant to exist in the material plane, and the human body was never meant to be the host for such a thing, there are some rather odd side effects. First off, the thing grants him high durability, really high strength and stamina and enhanced reflexes. In time, as the creatures matures, he'll develope other powers.

So, what are some alternate names I can suggest to my player? Ultimately, it's his decision, but I want to give him some options before he becomes settled on and attached to any one particular name.

Re: New Guy Name

Okay, I've got a new guy in my group. He's playing a character called Parasym.

He's a great guy and his character's concept is awsome! :rockon: But I really can't stand the name he came up with. I'm looking for alternate ideas.

Basically, he's been trapped in the Astral Plane for 20 years, and while there, some astral creature decided to use his body and an incubator for one of its young. Then a rift opens, and he's back on Earth, with the creature in him. Because it's astral, it has no physical form, but is bonded to the character's spirit.

Now, because the creature was never meant to exist in the material plane, and the human body was never meant to be the host for such a thing, there are some rather odd side effects. First off, the thing grants him high durability, really high strength and stamina and enhanced reflexes. In time, as the creatures matures, he'll develope other powers.

So, what are some alternate names I can suggest to my player? Ultimately, it's his decision, but I want to give him some options before he becomes settled on and attached to any one particular name.

That reminds me of when one of my first GM's introduced his main villian into the campaign. His name was Master Disaster. It sounded kind of lame. He beat the hell out of everyone. After dealing with him (mostly running from him) for the majority of the campaign, the name never sounded lame again. It just kind of grew on us. I think that if your player loves his idea and really digs his name, you should not burst any bubbles by telling him he might think about changing it. The GM that came up with Disaster ( It was one hell of a game) never liked how I designed my character. He told me after I retired him though. Which was good because I dug everything about that sociopath.

Symbiosis

Chrysalis

New Guy

Astral Man

Man with no Name

The Incubator (say it with a German accent)

That reminds me of when one of my first GM's introduced his main villian into the campaign. His name was Master Disaster. It sounded kind of lame. He beat the hell out of everyone. After dealing with him (mostly running from him) for the majority of the campaign' date=' the name never sounded lame again. It just kind of grew on us. I think that if your player loves his idea and really digs his name, you should not burst any bubbles by telling him he might think about changing it. The GM that came up with Disaster ( It was one hell of a game) never liked how I designed my character. He told me after I retired him though. Which was good because I dug everything about that sociopath.[/quote']

I agree whole heartedly. The player doesn't seem too attached though, at least I don't think he is. He just sorta threw some syllables together and called it a name. But if he really likes it, I'm 100% behind him on keeping it. I'd rather he play something he likes (with a name he likes) than force anything on him.

In any case, thanks everyone! Regardless of what happens though, there are lots of names here that I like, so it's far from a waste of time if he sticks with Parasym.

Thanks everybody!

The player liked Paradox best. His character is someone that whouldn't have been on the astral plane, and now he's kinda possessed by something that shouldn't be able to possess him and is not traped in the physical world, a place it can't exist. So it works... kinda.

You can see if the character if you'd like here:

http://geocities.com/t_l_o_3_t/characters/stats/paradox.htm

It could be worse. I once had a player (guy was totally new to RPGs) act very interested, serious, he picked up HERO fast (surprising due to RPG Virginity) and even had a great concept for his character...... Then I saw his character sheet and saw the name he had written down.

It said, "Air Jordan".

:sick: