"Super" Cities- How many is too many?

fbdaury

Re: "Super" Cities- How many is too many?

I have to ask. In your history' date=' what became of Arkansas, Indian, and Oklahoma Territory. If there was no Trail of Tears for the Cherokee, were other Native Americans moved to Indian Territory or not?[/quote']

Unfortunately yes, although I've debated making other exceptions. Part of the reason I did this was that such an action suited the character of the city I wanted to develop.

While the idealist in me would like to say because the Trail was avoided it served as precedent that presented the rest of the history between the USA and the people who were here first, I came to the conclusion that would involve more change to the continuity than I wanted. So I decided that the Cherokee were considered an exception (instead of a precedent) because of the Black Mask's intervention.

My own campaign city... a rough quick sketch...

Mudaba Adin: Jewel of the Sahara Jungle

Brief History: Mudaba Adin is one of the most advanced cities in the world, in the country of Eritrea. Although it has its humble beginnings as a fishing town, the early years of the terraforming of the Sahara Desert had its start in this city where the group of United Nations funded scientists and UNETF elites began their grand experiment which was a monumental success completely reshaping the region.

Over the seven years of the project money from all across the world was poured into the region and the city in particular. Particularly Vanguard Secure Computing (VSC) and McKain Enterprises poured large amounts of money into recreating the city into a cosmopolitan tomorrow land of splendor. By 2011 the city was the shining bacon of light in the New Africa. Eritrea was a democratic nation although small, an economic powerhouse and soon to be seat of the United Nations with the loss of the New York City headquarters.

In 2013 The United Nations began construction of the second Elite Institute outside the city limits, which also is the headquarters of Legacy. Downtown Mudaba Adin is dominated by the looming edifice of VSC Tower, a mountain of a structure housing several subsidiaries and offices of the world spanning conglomerate.

By late 2014 the city was a foremost location in world tourism, business and culture. Mudaba Adin is a clean city wit all the latest marvels that both baseline and elite can provide. Needless to say the country of Eritrea and Mudaba Adin both think very highly of the United Nations and the UNETF specifically. The city is very elite friendly and has many businesses that cater to elite needs and clientele specifically.

Notable Locations

• Vanguard Secure Computing Tower: The largest structure in the downtown district of Mudaba Adin. VSC Tower is nearly a city unto itself, with much of the staff living on site in the mountain like structure. The structure is a constant sight in the Mudaba Adin skyline and several subsidiary offices are located inside the VSC Tower which has the security of a military installation.

• Valiant Shopping Center: A center of commerce and capitalism, the Valiant Shopping Center has well over six hundred stores and four different levels for just about anything one could desire. It is clean contemporary and very high tech. There are other shopping centers this one is easily the best one, and also the site of many misadventures for a certain group of young elites.

• Mudabo Park & Preserve: This is a massive 18 mile plot of land with trails, large fields, and many beautiful sites of nature. This is a popular place to relax and go for recreation. Several football fields are set up, along with an outdoor amphitheatre. Pets are allowed inside the park as well, in certain areas.

• BioGen Restricted Preserve: These preserve houses dangerous creatures created by the scientists of BioGen and are fenced off. Inside the preserve are actual genetic clones of dinosaurs, new species, and anything else the boys at BioGen can cook up with the realms of the United Nations Scientific Advancement Committee (UNSAC).

• Mudaba Adin Elite Institute: This 25 mile complex is nestled outside the city, and is a highly advanced research, training center, and school for young elites who need proper guidance and a chance to use their powers without hurting others. Run by Dr. Bashar Hudabo a world renowned elite geneticist and philanthropist, the school is also the Headquarters for Legacy, the roving ground for young elites who may one day carry on the banner for the Justice Elite.

• Justice Elite Charlie (JEC) Tower: The official headquarters for the newest UNJE team. It is a fortified tower though from all appearances to be a normal skyscraper with the UNJE insignia emblazoned upon it. The structure houses the support personnel for JEC, and their equipment and vehicles.

• Mudaba Lake and Green Snake River: The major waterway passes through Mudaba Adin from the Red Sea into the Saharan Jungle. Mudaba Lake is a large lake nestled just north of the city, and is a popular spot for those that seek a secluded place to relax and want to avoid the crowded beaches.

• 1 month later...

I currently have about three ficticious cities that I use for the Neoverse that are based roughly on the actual cities or towns whose space they now occupy. The first is Centennial City, RI; which inhabits the Jamestown/Conanicut Island area. This city was founded in 1876 and is the home city for both incarnations of the Hunter. Next is Elysia, MI; which sits where St. Joseph and Benton Harbor now exist. Former home city of the original Guardian. Next is Haven City, WA; which covers an area stretching from South Bend to Raymond in Pacific County. The Tarot Agency is one of the groups of heroes operating there currently.

I'd say that three is a nice number, from my point of view.

My campaign has no "Super Cities." we do have several fictional cities, that, like Otaku's world, are located in place of real world cities. If it is a campain city, it is made up.

Our main city is New Aukland, Va. located in place of Norfolk. It was origionally called Norfolk, but the name was changed in the 1850's. New Aukland also has a sister city accros the James river named Wellington. Wellington replaces Newport News. New Aukland has a feel very much like that of Starman's Opal City.

We ran a Dark Champions game in Langley, OH. replacing Cleveland.

In addition we played a short time in our New Orleans replacement, Crescent City, LA.

Our parties have had dealings with some real world places such as Los Angeles, Aimes, IA., Juno, AK., Chicago, and Huntsville, AL.

Hopscotch

I don't have a formal super-city in this campaign, but there are a few cities that are disproportionately favorable, such as Detroit (which is not at all MC). Not many, probably no more than half a dozen around the world. The mutants, inspired by Magneto, attempted a city-state in Arizona.