New Sentinels stats

Chuckg

As requested on another thread, the stats for the New Sentinels, the campaign I and several others on this board are currently playing in.

Well, actually, most of us have posted our stats already on the CBR.com games board thread, which is where we handle our campaign admin. (It's an online game, played in chat.)

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=133

We also keep transcripts of our game logs there. So far we're on two days of game time, and 28 sessions.

(... we talk a lot. A lot. And we keep getting interrupted. Wrath of ye gods, I think we had two supervillain attacks, a hospital crisis, and a kidnapping to another dimension to fight a war just between our decision to form the team and our first press conference...

... we eventually had to settle for announcing the formation of our team via e-mail, in a press release to the major news outlets, because we Just Kept Getting Interrupted.

It's gotten to the point where I've had to use my character's magic/power cosmic VPP to whip up some "Life Support, Diminshed Sleep, Usable By Others" for our mortal party members just to keep them in the game. :) )

I /really/ hope we get a break in the pace soon.

Re: New Sentinels stats

It's come to my attention that my own character's stats aren't posted:

OK, I'll dump 'em here.

(note -- these are not my starting stats, these are my stats after 40 sessions and a lot of earned XP. And she started out, as we all did, as a 750 point character.)

Name Starguard (aka "Helene")

Player Charles Glasgow

STR 10

DEX 30

CON 30

BODY 30

INT 20

EGO 25

PRE 30

COM 20

PD 10

ED 10

SPD 6

REC 10

END 50

STUN 50

OCV 10

DCV 10

ECV 8

Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

Total Defenses:

30 rPD (10 rPD Hardened)

30 rED (10 rED Hardened)

Powers:

Archangel's Might:

Variable Power Pool, 90 base + 120 control cost; Cosmic (+2), 0 END (+1/2), No Range Penalty (+1/2), Limited By Wielder's Understanding Of Forces Involved (-1/4), Requires Unmodified EGO Roll To Use More Than 60 Active Points (-1/4) (210)

Elemental Control - Angelic Powers (75 pt powers) (37)

25" Flight, 0 END (+1/2) (38)

Force Field (20 PD/20 ED), Protects Carried, 0 END (+1/2) (38)

Divinely-Augmented Form:

Life Support: Total (including Longevity: Immortality) (50)

Hardened (+1/4) w/ 10 PD/10 ED (5)

Damage Resistance (10 PD/ED), Hardened (+1/4) (12)

Regeneration (1 BODY/Turn), Can Heal Limbs, 0 END Persistent (+1), Extra Time (1 Turn) (-1), Self Only (-1/2) (12)

Universal Awareness:

Sense Physical Objects, Energy, Magic, and Life Energy (INT Roll) (no Sense Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Ranged, Targeting, Telescopic +4 (59)

Radio Transmissions:

Add "Transmit" to "Sense Energy", Only For Radio (-0) (2)

Unfathomable Mind:

Invisibility to Mental Sense Group, No Fringe; 0 END Persistent (+1), Always On (-1/2) (20)

Skill Levels:

20 +2 Overall Levels

6 +2 w/ Power Cosmic VPP

3 +1 w/ all PER rolls

Talents/Perks:

3 Anonymity

3 Bump Of Direction

5 Eidetic Memory

3 Lightning Calculator

3 Perfect Pitch

Agility Skills:

1 Fam w/ Stealth, 8-

Intellect Skills:

3 Deduction, 13-

1 KS: Ancient Lore, 13-; No Conscious Control (-2)

1 KS: Superhuman World, 11-

1 KS: Theology, 13-; No Conscious Control (-2)

3 Tactics, 13-

Interaction Skills:

1 Fam: Conversation, 8-

1 Fam: Oratory, 8-

3 Persuasion, 15-

Background Skills:

6 Scholar, Jack-of-all-Trades

4 PS: Cooking, 15-

3 PS: Singing, 16-

0 PS: Waitress, 11-

4 Languages: French (native), English (idiomatic native)

-1 No TF: Small Ground Vehicles

12 12

Disadvantages

15 Distinctive Features: Cute and innocent-looking (conc w/ effort, prejudice)

20 Hunted: Mystery Hunted, 8- (more pow, NCI, enslave)

15 Phys Lim: Amnesia

20 Psych Lim: Code vs. Killing (Common, Total)

20 Psych Lim: Takes Her Responsibilities Seriously (Very Common, Strong)

0 Psych Lim: Honorable (Very Common, Strong)

10 Psych Lim: Compassionate (Very Common, Strong)

15 Reputation: "Miracle Girl", 11- (extreme)

0 Social Lim: No ID (Occasionally, minor)

25 Susceptibility: 3d6 STUN/phase when using Cosmic Awareness on "disturbing" sights (uncommon)

10 Watched: Mystery Watched, 8- (more pow, easy to find)

65 Experience Bonus

600 Base + 215 Disadvantages = 815 Total

Design Note: The VPP limitation was changed after discussion with the DM, as 'No More Than 60 Active Points In Overly Aggressive Powers' was proving hard to adjudicate, as the term 'overly aggressive' is somewhat subjective.

History -- As those who were carefully reading the Disadvantages list already know, Helene can't remember who the hell she is. And while I have already written most of her history, and most of my fellow players already know big chunks of it, the gradual revelation of the mystery of her past and origin is still going to be a surprise for *somebody*, dammit, even if it's just the audience. :)

What Helene does remember is, obviously, her first name. (Her last name is gone.) She remembers awakening in Millennium City about a week before the game starts. She remembers that she had no documents, no ID, no anything. She remembers finding a job as a waitress in a greasy spoon in one of the less well-off parts of Millennium City, a place where they paid in cash and didn't ask for a Social Security Number. She remembers that she doesn't need to sleep very much and can skip a meal or two, thus helping her get by on the little that she's making. (Actually, with Total Life Support she doesn't need to sleep or eat *at all*, but she's yet to find that out.)

Over the course of the past several days Helene has gradually come to figure out that she's not entirely normal -- she can see in the dark (subliminal use of her Cosmic Awareness) , and occasionally she can look at people who are total strangers and feel as if she knows them inside and out (her Analyze and Discriminatory on Detect Life Energy gives her basic aura reading -- white, grey, black, etc.) And being very late for work one morning and in a huge rush is how she discovered that she could fly. Further experimentation has revealed to her that she has some type of energy manipulation powers, but she's only begun to realize -- and to some extent, fear -- how much power she truly has.

(About midway through the campaign so far, she reacted to the onslaught of an entire extradimensional army -- think the Mindless Ones of the Dark Dimension -- by popping some MegaScale Tunnelling and trapping the attacking horde on their very own plateau, surrounded by a brand new Grand Canyon.

Then she fainted.)

What The Heck Is Going On? --

Updated: We've been finding stuff out in play:

As near as we can determine, some unknown yet enormously powerful black magic practitioner, with a ritual circle -- current possible suspects are DEMON, Takofanes, and the Sylvestri Patriarch -- summoned an archangel to Earth, bound it, and then ritually slew it, trying to take its power for themselves. (How the hell such a thing was possible, we still have no clue... but we're pretty durn sure about the dead archangel, as we recovered the corpse.)

Part of this ritual, as is far too common with rituals conducted by such people, was a virgin sacrifice. Said sacrifice was a young woman named Helene Richer(*), who had been kidnapped quite recently from her home in Canada.

(*) Readers of the "Avalon" webcomic will no doubt at this point be screaming and clutching their heads. Fear not. While her appearance, *some* parts of her personality, and her origin are based upon her namesake character, I am *not* going to playing an utter idiot.

An utter innocent, yes... or as close to one as I can manage... but not an idiot. :)

What followed next... well, we're still trying to figure out what. Here's what we do know:

* Helene, despite having her throat cut and being stabbed through the chest, is currently alive again, and completely unharmed -- and transformed.

* She commands archangel-level power (even if she's entirely inexperienced at dealing with it), is directly aware of the fabric of reality in her local vicinity, and is superhumanly resilient and enduring.

* Nothing else survived in that ritual circle -- when Horus-Re and UNTIL found the site later, it looked like the magical equivalent of a neutron bomb had detonated on it. The building was fine... the contents, weren't.

* Although she still can't remember anything about her former life, she's been ID'ed as Helene Richer, formerly of Avalon, British Canada. She hasn't had a chance to get back home yet.

Appearance -- As already mentioned above, too perfectly damn cute for words. Outside of that... blonde, blue-eyed, athletically petite figure but not overly skinny, a little under five and a half feet, occasionally glows with blazing white aura.

(The costume, when she gets one, is going to be a white bodystocking that goes all the way up to the neck, and has a dark blue stripe running down the left side, with a stylized blue star interrupting it just below her left collarbone.

Subconsciously, she'll be duplicating a costume she drew for a 3rd-grade art project in elementary school long ago, thus leaving a potential clue to her ID... buried in a box full of crayon drawings in her parents' closet.)

Edit -- ah yes, forgot to mention her age. She's 18.

Personality -- Helene is somebody who /has/ to exist in a comic book, because she's too darn nice for real life. Intelligent but sheltered, she is one of those people who manages to balance looking on the sunny side of everything against not being oblivious to reality. Sadness, she's capable of... despair, she's not. Next to her compassion, her strongest trait is a highly developed sense of responsibility -- if she says she'll do something, she'll get it done or die trying. And if she has the power to change something, she'll try to be very careful that she's not doing the wrong thing with it.

At the start of the game she's also very lonely, and not a little uncertain -- after all, she's got no family, no friends, hasn't been living in the friendliest part of town, and her origin trauma has vaporized most of her memories. If (i.e. -- when) she does find someone to fill the role of surrogate family, she might start off being a bit overly clingy or unwilling to contradict him/them.

Team Role -- I pretty much fill the 'Sorceress' role now, although I started off as the Flying Energy Blaster. She's also filling the Innocent Young Heroine slot, and when she grows some more self-assurance she should move quite naturally into the Voice Of Conscience role.

She's also got a Mysterious Past for the team to investigate (edit: and still has a lot of it left), as well as a Mystery Hunted (the villain whose ritual accident killed the wielder of the power and transfigured Helene) that even the player doesn't know who the hell it is -- the DM's going to surprise me with it in the game.

Theme Song -- If you still haven't got a mental image of Starguard, then this should be a big help... players of the "Lunar: Silver Star Story" console RPG already know this one.

http://www.lunareb.com/sounds/lunarsssc/LunasBoatSong.mp3

"Luna's Boat Song"

from "Lunar:Silver Star Story" soundtrack

English version vocals by Jennifer Stigile

Lyrics by Noriyuki Idawore

Wishing on a dream that seems far off

Hoping it will come today

Into the starlit night

Foolish dreamers turn their gaze

Waiting on a shooting star

But... what if that star is not to come?

Will their dreams fade to nothing?

When the horizon darkens most

We all need to believe there is hope

Is an angel watching closely over me?

Can there be a guiding light I've yet to see?

I know my heart should guide me but

There's a hole within my soul

What will fill this emptiness inside of me?

Am I to be satisfied without knowing?

I wish, then for a chance to see

Now all I need (desperately)

Is my star to come...

Posted here for convenience's sake and as a back up copy

Character Name: Warp

Secret Identity: Daniel Stone

CHARACTERISTICS

STR 20 (10) 13- HTH damage: 4d6 Lift: 400kg

DEX 23 (39) 14- OCV: 8 DCV: 8

CON 25 (30) 14-

BODY 15 (10) 12-

INT 23 (13) 14- Perception Roll: 14-

EGO 23 (26) 14- Base ECV: 8

PRE 20 (10) 13- Base Presence Attack: 4d6

COM 18 (4) 13-

PD 10 (6) Resistant PD: 8 Total PD: 18

ED 10 (5) Resistant ED: 8 Total ED: 18

SPD 6 (27) Phases: 2,4,6,8,10,12

REC 14 (10)

END 50 (0)

STUN 40 (2)

Total Characteristics Points: 192

POWERS AND EQUIPMENT

(112) Dimensional Manipulation: 112pt Multipower Reserve

(10u) Slot A - Short Range Displacement: 30" Teleport, 0 END (+1/2), Safe

Blind Teleport (+1/4)

(6u) Slot B - Long Range Displacement: 10" Teleport, MegaScale (1"=10,000km, can scale down to 1"=1km)(+1 1/2), 0 END (+1/2), Safe Blind

Teleport (+1/4)

(11u) Slot C - Mass Displacement: 15" Teleport, x128 noncombat, x32

increased mass, Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4)

(11u) Slot D - Involuntary Displacement: 20" Teleport, Position Shift,

Usable As Attack (not vs characters with teleportation or dimensional-manipulation powers)(+1), Ranged (+1/2)

(10u) Slot E - Razor Gate: 3d6 RKA, +2 STUN multiplier (+1/2), Penetrating

(+1/2), 1/2 END (+1/4)

(10u) Slot F - Spatial Distortion Trap: 7d6 Entangle, 8 DEF, 1/2 End(+1/4), Takes No Damage From Attacks That Bypass Its Boundaries (+1/4)

(11u) Slot G - Attack Gate: 10d6 EB, Indirect (+3/4), Variable Special

Effects (+1/4), 1/2 END (+1/4)

(10u) Slot H - Defense Gate: Missile Reflection (all ranged attacks, can

reflect attacks at any targets), +8 OCV, Indirect (Reflected attacks may

strike from any angle;(+1/2)

(1u) Slot I - Instant Change: 2d6 Cosmetic Transform (Clothing into costume and vice versa), Improved Target Group (Any clothing)(+1/4), 0 End

(+1/2), Limited Target Group (Clothes)(-1/2)

(7u) Slot J - Interceptor Gate: Missile Deflection, +5 OCV, Ranged (+1),

No Range Modifiers (+1/2)

(3u) Slot I - Long Range Destination Sense: Clairsentience (Spatial Group), Targeting, MegaScale (1"=10,000 km, Can Scale Down To 1"=1 km; +1 1/2), 0 End (+1/2), Only To Perceive Teleportation Locations (-1), Instant(-1/2)

(3u) Slot J - Blink Dodge: Desolidification, Instant (-1/2)

(4u) Slot K - Opening: Extra-Dimensional Movement (20 points), Any Location In Any Dimension Previously Connected To One Currently Present In

(Related Group; +10 points), x2 Mass (+5 points), Area of Effect (One Hex;

+1/2), Useable On Others Simultaneously (+1/2), Continuous (+1), Gate (-1/2), Only In Vicinity Of Where A Gate Is Or Was Present (-1), Requires

Skill Roll with Penalty of -1 Every 20 Active Points (-1/4)

(6u) Slot L - Closing: 15d6 Dispel Gate, Any Type of Gate (+1/4), Cumulative (+1/2), Requires Skill Roll with Penalty of -1 Every 20 Active Points (-1/4)

(30) Defensive Spatial Shunt: 8PD/8ED Armor, Hardened

(60) Defensive Spatial Shunt: 50%PD/50%ED Resistant Damage Reduction

(32) Spatial Awareness, Discriminatory, 360 degrees

(1) Fixed Location: Primary Gadget Storage Place

(8) Psi-Blocker: 10pt Mental Defense (15 with EGO), IIF (-1/4)

(30) Miscellaneous Gadgets: 30pt Variable Power Pool Reserve

(8) Gadget Pool Control Cost: Can only be changed at storage facility or

vendor (-1/2), Only for things available for money (-1/4)

Total Powers/Equipment Cost: 384 (Originally 359)

SKILLS, PERKS, AND TALENTS

(3) Linguist

(3) Scholar

(3) Traveller

(3) Well-Connected

(3) Acting 13-

(3) Breakfall 14-

(3) Bribery 13-

(3) Bureaucratics 13-

(3) Concealment 14-

(3) Conversation 13-

(3) Disguise 14-

(2) Gambling: Card Games 14-

(3) High Society 13-

(3) Inventory Management 14-

(3) Oratory 13-

(3) Paramedics 14-

(3) Persuasion 13-

(3) Power: Dimensional Manipulation 14-

(3) Seduction 13-

(3) Stealth 14-

(3) Trading 13-

(1) Area Knowledge: Asia 11-

(1) Area Knowledge: Europe 11-

(1) Area Knowledge: Playgrounds of The Rich and Famous 11-

(1) Area Knowledge: United States 11-

(1) Area Knowledge: World Geography 11-

(1) City Knowledge: London 11-

(1) City Knowledge: Los Angeles 11-

(2) City Knowledge: Millenium City 14-

(1) City Knowledge: New York City 11-

(1) City Knowledge: Paris 11-

(1) City Knowledge: Tokyo 11-

(1) Cultural Knowledge: The English 11-

(1) Cultural Knowledge: Europeans 11-

(1) Cultural Knowledge: The French 11-

(1) Cultural Knowledge: The Japanese 11-

(2) Knowledge: Business Management 14-

(2) Knowledge: The Business and Financial World 14-

(2) Knowledge: Finance 14-

(1) Knowledge: The Superhuman World 11-

(0) Professional Skill: Billionaire Playboy (Everyman Skill) 11-

(3) Professional Skill: Investor 14-

(2) Science Skil: Accounting 11-

(15) +5 Combat Levels with Multipower

(20) +2 Overall Levels

Karate

(4) Block (+2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort)

(4) Dodge (+0 OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge all attacks, Abort)

(4) Disarm (-1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm, +10 STR)

(4) Punch/Snap Kick (+0 OCV, +2 DCV, STR + 2d6 Strike)

Languages

(0) English (Native, Idiomatic, native accent)

(2) French (Idiomatic, native accent)

(2) German (Idiomatic, native accent)

(2) Italian (Idiomatic, native accent)

(2) Spanish (Idiomatic, native accent)

(1) Latin (Completely Fluent, with accent)

(0) Catalan (Fluent Conversation)

(0) Hebrew (Fluent Conversation)

(2) Japanese (Fluent Conversation)

(0) Portugese (Fluent Conversation)

(0) Rumanian (Fluent Conversation)

(0) Sardinian (Fluent Conversation)

(0) Yiddish (Fluent Conversation)

(4) Contact 8- : Franklin Stone, CEO of Advanced Concepts Industries

(Contact limited by identity, Extremely useful skills and resources, Access to major institutions, Significant contacts of his own)

(5) Contact 11- : Congresswoman Shanna Armbruster (Contact limited by

identity, Extremely useful skills or resources, Access to major institutions, Significant contacts of her own, Good relationship)

(5) Contact 14- : Barlowe Hotel Head Concierge Valery Dubac (Contact limited by identity, Significant contacts of his own, Good relationship)

(9) Contact 14- : Lawyer Steve Barlowe (Very useful skills and resources, Significant contacts of his own, Slavishly loyal to character)

(4) Contact 11- : Mayor Calvin Biselle (Contact limited by identity, Very useful skills and resources, Access to major institutions, Significant contacts of his own, Good relationship)

(1) Passport

(15) Filthy Rich

(3) Absolute Range Sense

(3) Bump of Direction

Total Skills, Perks, and Talents Cost: 202 (Originally 199)

DISADVANTAGES

(5) Dependent NPC: Current Girlfriend or Romantic Interest 8- (Up To Slightly Less Powerful, May have useful noncombat position or skills, Unaware of character's Secret Identity)

(10) Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable, Always noticed, Detectable only by unusual sense)

(10) Enraged when innocents killed without remorse (Uncommon circumstance, 8-, Recover 11-)

(5) Hunted by ? 8- (Less Powerful, Harshly Punish)

(15) Hunted by Tesseract 8- (More powerful, PC easy to find, Mildly punish- Spend time in PC's presence and get PC to use powers)

(15) Watched by Franklin Stone 8- (More powerful, Extensive NCI, PC easy to find)

(15) Watched by IHA 8- (More powerful, Extensive NCI, PC easy to find)

(15) Watched by The Media (More powerful, Extensive NCI, PC easy to find)

(10) Psychlim: Hatred of Casual Killers (Uncommon, Strong)

(20) Psychlim: Protective of Innocents (Very Common, Strong)

(15) Secret ID

(10) Famous (Secret ID)

(5) Mystery Disadvantage

Disadvantage Total: 150

Character Total: 600 Base + 150 Disadvantages + 28 Experience= 778

Unspent Experience: 46 Points

Re: Posted here for convenience's sake and as a back up copy

I like Warp alot. A world traveller, and I love his contacts!

Stone? Oh that'll open interesting plot lines

nice to see Mrs Armbruster back in action

Got his character sheet up twice, would like to see his background...

Warp (Daniel Stone) Part II

Background/History

Daniel Stone was born to circumstances many would envy. The only son of Advanced Concepts Industries founder Franklin Stone, it seemed his life was destined to be a simple existence filled only with wealth, comfort, and privilage. Nothing could be further from the truth. Oh, he'd have all of those perks, but his life would be far from simple.

The first turning point in his life came when his parents broke up when he was five. Citing Franklin's workaholic practices and infidelities, his wife Janet Barlowe Stone filed for divorce, taking Daniel and a sizeable chunk of Franklin's assets with her, including a considerable amount of ACI stock.

Daniel spent the next segment of his life mostly being raised by his mother. His father was a distant presence in his life, whom he only saw once or twice a year at most. He received the best education that money could buy, and proved quite bright academically. When not in school his mother often took him along as she travelled on vacations and business trips, both to spend time with him and to give him a first hand view of how to manage the fortune he would inherit. Thanks to his world travel he became quite adept at picking up languages and knowledge of the places he visited. At times when he didn't go with his mother on her trips, he usually stayed with his Uncle Steve, Janet's younger brother.

Then came the fateful day which would change Daniel's life forever, July 23, 1992. He was with his mother in Detroit, who was in town to look into some potential deal with one of the auto companies, when the Battle of Detroit broke out. He and his mother were among the ones trapped in the city, unable to be evacuated, when the Destroyer activated his device, sending a devestating beam of destruction from the sky. As imminent death swept toward them, the stress of the situation triggered Daniel's till then latent mutant power of dimensional manipulation, teleporting him from his mother's side back to his bedroom in New York.

After getting over the shock of surviving while his mother had died in Detroit, Daniel realized what had happened. That he was a mutant who could manipulate the fabric of space itself. A power that saved him from the death his mother and countless others had suffered. He swore then that he would do all he could to insure that others didn't suffer the same fate that they did. He would use his power and resources to protect others from supervillains and their depredations.

From then on out life became complicated. A minor of only sixteen, his father was granted custody of him. Being raised by his father involved long periods of benign neglect interruped by occasional bouts of meddlesome interference. Wisely, Daniel did not choose to reveal his power and future plans to his father, who would surely have disapproved of the direction he planned to take his life. The only one he did confide his secret to was his Uncle Steve, who was now a lawyer and the executor of his mother's will. He was the only one who knew Daniel was with his mother in Detroit, and what really happened.

On his eighteenth birthday Daniel gained full control over the assets bequeathed to him by his mother. Having picked up the ins and outs of finance from both his parents, he parlayed the immense wealth into an even greater fortune through judicious investments, quadrupling his fortune before he had even finished college. Among his many investments was a hefty amount of investment in the construction of Millenium City and the firms participating in it. The Barlowe Hotel, named for his mother's maiden name, is just one example of the many Millenium City developments he was involved in.

Simultaneously, as Daniel did all of the above, he was covertly trying to master his developing powers and the skills he would need in his second secret life as a super hero. A customized workout program to achieve peak physical condition, karate as a back-up self defense option, paramedic techniques to help those injured in superhuman conflicts, and knowledge of his future peers and opposition were among his "extracurricular" studies.

In the year 2001 Daniel decided he had sufficiently developed his powers and skills to effectively use them in the capacity of a super hero. He made his debut as Warp. With his powers, skills, and the best equipment money can buy he succesfully managed to save quite a number of lives as a solo hero.

He also gained the attention of Tesseract in the course of his activities. Tesseract found that the dimensional fabric in Daniel's vicinity felt pleasant and comfortable, even more so when he used his powers, and decided that she'd like to indulge in such an experience again from time to time.

Today Daniel continues juggle his secret life as Warp with his public existence as a famous multi-billionaire playboy and philanthropist. Complicating that juggling act is the attention sometimes focused on him by the media, understadable considering the fact that he's the young, handsome heir of Franklin Stone, as well as one of the richest men in the world in his own right. His father also scrutinizes his life on ocassion, as does the IHA, concered about his financial and political support of pro-metahuman canidates and causes.

With all those complications in Daniel's normal life, the relatively simple challenges of being a super hero sometimes look positively relaxing to him.

Personality/Motivation: Daniel's primary concern as Warp is protecting innocent lives. He lost his mother due to the murderous actions of Doctor Destroyer. He lived while she and others died solely due to his powers. Because of that, using those powers to save others is his highest priority as a hero. He has a particular hatred for those villains who have a callous disregard for human life, and enjoys stopping them as harshly as he can. Should one of them casually kill an innocent in his presence, there's a chance he might even lose control of himself and attempt the ultimate retribution.

In his "normal" life Daniel is affable and fun loving, but capable of getting serious and down to business when the situation calls for it. He does what he can to use the power of his fortune to help people, backing projects and donating money for a wide variety of good causes. One of the reasons he invested money in Millenium City in its formative years was because he wanted to help the victims of Detroit's destruction. Considering how both the city and his portfolio turned out, his compassion paid off big time.

Despite the duties of his secret life and the burdens of his fame, Daniel genuinely enjoys his jet setting life style. He loves travel to exotic places, and hobnobbing with his fellow rich and famous. He isn't, however, a snob or an arrogant celebrity. He's as friendly and considerate to everyone he meets, no matter what their status. He's also a big tipper. But then, he can afford to be.

Quote: "Don't worry, I'll get you to a hospital pronto!"

Powers/Tactics

Warp's mutant power allows him to manipulate the dimensional fabric of space-time itself. Since first discovering his power at the Battle of Detroit, Warp has discovered a number of applications for it. First and foremost is his power to displace things spatially, allowing him to teleport himself and others.

He has truly a flexible and phenomenal range for self-displacement, allowing him to teleport a respectable distance in tactical situations, and to transverse global distances when he puts his mind to it. Dealing with extra mass shortens his range considerably, but he still can travel an impressive distance of almost four kilometers with a large amount of people or cargo.

Beyond travel applications, Warp's dimensional manipulation abilities have a number of combat applications. The most obvious is the ability to teleport others against their will, allowing him to place foes and innocents where they need to be. For a more direct offense, he's capable of opening gates to different locales, allowing him to blast targets with a variety of attacks from any angle, such as lava, a high pressure stream of water, or objects falling at high velocity.

He's also capable of encasing foes in pockets of spatial distortion, where space is twisted back onto itself preventing them from moving or attacking others. Their only way to escape is to apply a sufficient amount of energy to the distortion pocket itself in order to collapse it back into normal space.

And then there's Warp's most devestating attack, in which he uses his powers of dimensional manipulation to open small gates in the vicinity of a target, litterally cutting them to pieces with the fabric of space-time itself. It's usually quite effective. Due to the lethality of such an attack on living beings, Warp rarely uses it against foes.

Warp's dimensional powers also provide him with quite effective defenses. His body continually generates a discreet dimensional shunt which channels most of the force of attacks against him away before it can harm him. He's also capable of creating a gate to intercept incoming ranged attacks and channel them back to their point of origin, or harmlessly away to elsewhere.

Finally, his dimensional manipulation powers make it very easy for him to change his apparel, no matter where he is. A simple act of will allows him to exchange his current garments with any other clothing in but a moment.

Thanks to being so attuned to space, he enjoys an awareness of where things are in relation to him. He's honed his perception and can discern fine details with this sense, enabling him to differentiate between objects and people with it the way ordinary people can do with sight. He also can always tell accurately where he is, and how far things are from each other.

Aside from his innate powers, Warp also employs technological devices to help him in his endeavors. He regularly wears a psi-blocker on his person, one advanced enough that it can be hidden on his person even when in his secret id.

He also has access to a large selection of equipment and devices thanks to his financial resources and connections with a number of companies. He usually keeps most of them in various storage sites around the world until he needs them. And if he needs something he doesn't have, he could always special order something and pick it up from the vendor directly if necessary. He can even have things custom-made if it doesn't readily exist off the rack.

Contacts

Franklin Stone (Champions Universe, page 59) - Despite not having the closest of relationships, Franklin Stone is still Daniel's father. He's a very busy man who's usually unavailable, but Daniel does have a chance to reach him. Daniel rarely exercises that chance.

Congresswoman Shanna Armbruster - Daniel is a major supporter of hers due to her stance on metahuman issues, as well as being a personal friend.

Barlowe Hotel Concierge Valery Dubac - Daniel's primary place of residence is the penthouse of the Barlowe Hotel, where he's always able to reach Valery when he's on the clock.

Lawyer Steve Barlowe - Daniel's uncle, as well as his lawyer since his mother died, and the only one who knows that Daniel is Warp. His practice has become quite successful, and he has a large number of rich and influential clients besides Daniel. But he'll do his best to be there when his nephew needs him.

Mayor Calvin Biselle - As the mayor of Millenium City, Calvin Biselle

makes it a point to cultivate good relationships with all the major

players in town. And with Daniel being one of the big investors involved in Millenium City's early years, he definitely qualifies as a major player.

Warp's Gadget Catalog

Here are some examples of devices that Warp might have available through his Gadget Pool. This is far from an exhaustive list. I probably also have some of the other focus examples from the Hero Book (and Gadgets and Gear when I eventually get a copy).

Extended Operation Spacesuit: This advanced space suit produced by Ironwood Industrial Technologies is designed for long term extra-vehicular operations. Not only does it protect from all the environmental hazzards of space while still being light and flexible, but thanks to its revolutionary air recycling system it has a virtually unlimited oxygen supply. [self-Contained Breathing (10), Safe Environments - Low Pressure/Vacuum (2), High Radiation (2), Intense Cold (2), Intense Heat (2), OIF (-1/2)] Total=12 points

Portable Reconnaissance Satellite Link-Up: This portable unit produced by Harmon Industries is capable of linking to reconnaissance satellites above one's position and displaying real time data from them. Thanks to a GPS assisted coordinate comparison program it even provides targeting data for areas near the immediate vicinity of the user. Its power pack allows for 1 hour of continuous operation. [A. Clairsentience (Sight Group)(20), Targeting (10), OAF (-1), Only view from above (-1/2), Affected As Radio Group As Well As Sight Group, 1 Hour Fuel Charge (0)= 11

B.Clairsentience (Sight Group)(20), MegaScale range (1"=10km, Can scale down to 1"=1km)(+3/4), Only view from above (-1/2), OAF (-1), Affected As Radio Group As Well As Sight Group (-1/4), 1 Hour Fuel Charge (0)=13]

Total=24 points

Cloaking Field Generator: A marvelous combination of cutting edge image processing software by Futurescope and the latest in holographic technology from The Binary Corporation, this device allows one to cloak oneself from visual detection. The image processing unit receives data from discreet sensors worn on various points of the subject's body and creates an ever-adapting holographic image designed to allow the wearer to totally blend into his surroundings, almost completely invisible ("almost" because of the fringe). The unit's power pack stores enough energy for about twenty minutes of continuous operation before it requires recharging. [invisibility to Sight Group (20), IIF(-1/4), 20 Minute Fuel Charge (-1/4)] Total=13 points

With Extended Duration Power Pack: 1 Hour Fuel Charge (+0)=16

Image Inducer: Using holographic technology similar to the Cloaking Field Generator, this device is capable of superimposing a holographic image onto its user, allowing him to alter his appearance to that of any image stored in its memory files. A more advanced version is capable of making image alterations in the field, allowing one to appear as anybody one wants. Both units possess power packs that allow twenty minutes of continuous operation.

Basic Model [shapeshift (Sight)(10), Four Predetermined Shapes (5), IIF (-1/4), 20 Minute Fuel Charge (-1/4)]=10 points

With Optional Voice Modulator: As above plus Hearing Group (3)=12 points

With Extended Duration Power Pack: As above except 1 Hour Fuel Charge (+0)=12 points (14 points with Optional Voice Modulator)

Advanced Model [shapeshift (Sight)(10), Any humanoid (10), Imitation (10), IIF (-1/4), 20 Minute Fuel Charge(-1/4)]=20 points

With Optional Voice Modulator: As above plus Hearing Group (3)=22

With Extended Duration Power Pack: As above except 1 Hour Fuel Charge (+0)=24 points (26 points with Optional Voice Modulator)

Wide Spectrum Communicator: This portable device from Pharos Industries allows one to monitor and transmit signals on a wide range of frequencies. Hand Held [High Range Radio Hearing (12), OAF(-1)]=6 points

Wrist Unit [High Range Radio Hearing (12), OIF(-1/2)=8 points

Concealable Unit: [High Range Radio Hearing (12), IIF(-1/4)=10 points

Smoke Grenades: Darkness to Sight Group, 3" Radius, OAF (-1), 8 Continuous Charges Lasting 1 Turn Each (Removed by winds or rain;-1/2), Range Based On STR (-1/4)=11 points

Fire Extinguisher (See page 99 of Hero Book, except 8D6 Dispel)=12 points

Sonic Stunner: This weapon produced by Drake-Victoria INC. uses focused ultrasonics to induce disorientation, dizziness, and perhaps even unconsciousness.

[A. 3d6 EB, NND (Defense is Flash Defense for Hearing, solid ear coverings, covering one's ears, or being deaf)(+1), OAF(-1), Does Not Work In Vacuum (-1/4), 2 Clips of 8 Charges Each (-1/4)=12 points

B. 2d6 DEX Drain, Ranged (+1/2), Linked (-1/2), Does Not Work In Vacuum(-1/4), OAF (-1), 2 Clips of 8 Charges Each (-1/4)=10]

Total=22 points

Portable Deep Radar Imager: This device produced by the Binary Corparation is a hand held version of a Deep Radar Imager, capable of sensing through most substances. [N-Ray Perception, OAF (-1), Affected As Both Sight Group and Radio Group (-1/4)]=4 points

Jet Pack: This unit produced by Duchess Industries Aerospace Division allows 1 hour of continuous uninterrupted flight. [15" Flight, OIF (-1/2), 1 Hour Fuel Charge (+0)]=20

Parachute: Gliding 6", OAF (-1), Limited Movement (Character can not gain altitude, and must move at least 12" downward for every 1" forward;-1/2), Recoverable Continuing Charge (Lasts until character hits the ground or chute is fouled; -3/4)]=2 points

Hologram Generator: The latest advancement in micro-holographic projection technology by the Binary Corpartion, this inconspicuous device can project images of up to 16 meters in size. [sight Group Images, -2 to PER Rolls, Increased Size (8" radius; +3/4), IAF (-1/2), 1 Hour Fuel Charge (+0)]=19 points

Gas Mask: Life Support - Self-Contained Breathing, OIF (-1/2), 1 Hour Fuel Charge (+0)=7 points

Stim Pill: This safe and reliable stimulant recently developed by Cambridge Biotechnology allows one to go for extended periods of time without sleep. [Life Support - Diminshed Sleep (No Need To Sleep), 4 Charges Lasting 1 Day Each (+1), OAF (-1)]=3 points

Arctic Survival Suit: Safe Environment - Intense Cold, OIF (-1/2)=1 point

Closed Radio Link: This set of radios produced by the Binary Corporation allows secure communication through the use of advanced encryption protocols. [Mind Link, specific group of up to 8 minds, No LOS, OAF (-1), Only Can Be Maintained With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1), Flashed As Radio and Hearing Group, Not Mental Group (-1/2)]=8 points.

Neuro-Controlled Manipulator Harness: This advanced mechanical harness uses the latest in neuro-interface technology deveoped by Rabben Kybernetickk (a Vienna-based subidiary of Pharos Industries)to allow the wearer to control a set of mechanical manipulator tentacles capable of great strength and fine manipulation.

[A. Extra Limbs, OIF (-1/2)=3 points

B. 6" Stretching, No Noncombat (-1/4), OIF (-1/2), 1 Hour Fuel Charge (+0)=17 points

C. +20 STR, Only With Extra Limbs (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), 1 Hour Fuel Charge (+0)=10 points]=30 points

White Noise Generator: Darkness to Hearing Sense Group 3" radius, Hole In The Middle (1 Hex in the center; +1/4), OAF (-1), 1 Hour Fuel Charge (+0)= 9 points

EMP Blaster: This energy pistol created by Drake-Victoria INC. was specifically designed to cripple and destroy electronic devices while not inflicting any harm on anything else by firing focused electromagnetic pulses. It comes with advanced laser sight and gyroscopic stabilizing system for greatly enhanced accuracy.

[A. 2d6 Energy Blast, NND (Defense is ED Force Field or Force Wall; +1), Does Body (+1), Only Against Electronics (-1), OAF (-1), No Knockback (-1/4), 16 Charges (+0)=8

B. +6 OCV, OAF (-1)]=23 points

Auto-injected Recuperative Accelerant: Designed for use in hazardous conditions such as on the battlefield, this auto-injector monitors the vital signs of the wearer and in the event of a loss of consciousness administers a dose of a specially formulated recuperative accelerant developed by Cambridge Biotechnology that stimulates the adrenal glands and enhances the body's natural ability to heal.

[A. 2d6 Healing, Trigger (When Knocked Out; +1/4), Autofire (3 shots; +1/4), Self-Only (-1/2), 3 Charges (-1 1/4), IIF (-1/4)=10

B. 2d6 Aid to Recover, Trigger (When Knocked Out; +1/4), Autofire (3 Shots, +1/4), Self Only (-1/2), 3 Charges (-1 1/4), IIF (-1/4), Linked (-1/2)=8

C. 2d6 Aid to SPD, Trigger (When Knocked Out; +1/4), Autofire (3 Shots, +1/4), Self Only (-1/2), 3 Charges (-1 1/4), IIF (-1/4), Linked (-1/2)=8]= 26 points

Translator Unit: This portable device developed by Futurescope has been programmed with a comprehensive database containing every language currently spoken on the planet. [universal Translator, Only Terrestrial Languages (-1/2), OIF (-1/2)]=10 points

Electromagnetic Repulsion Harness: This harness developed by Drake-Victoria Inc. utilizes the latest in electromagnetic repulsion technology to generate a field capable of slowing the descent of its operator, and even to gain altitude in favorable conditions. [20" Gliding, OIF(-1/2)]=13 points

Heh, the newbie of the group, both player and character.

Name Crown Princess Cyrande of Malva

Player Coral

2 STR 12

39 DEX 23

40 CON 30

12 BODY 16

15 INT 25

16 EGO 18

20 PRE 30

7 COM 24

4 PD 6

0 ED 6

17 SPD 5

12 REC 15

15 END 90

8 STUN 45

OCV 8

DCV 8

ECV 6

Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

Total Defenses:

24 PD (18 rPD, Hardened)

24 ED (18 rED, Hardened)

30 pts Power Defense

Powers:

217 Quantum Manipulation: 100 pt Variable Power Pool + 105 pt Control Cost; Cosmic (+2), 9

0 END (+1/2), Limited Special Effect (Electromagnetic and Unified Field effects only) (-1/2)

56 Quantum Damping: Armor (15 PD/15 ED) (Hardened (+1/4)

30 Quantum Damping: Power Defense (30 pts)

6 Quantum Damping: LS: Safe Environment (Intense Heat/Cold, Radiation)

5 Advanced Medical Nanites: Regeneration (1d6/Hour); Only While Resting

10 Advanced Medical Nanites: LS: Immunity to disease

31 Personal Library Computer: 156 pt Follower

Martial Arts (Malvan Royal Training)

1 Use art Barehanded, w/ Blades

4 Block +0/+0 Block; Abort

4 Dodge -/+5 Dodge; Affects All Attacks; Abort

4 Escape +0/+0 STR 42 vs. Grabs

5 Kick -2/+1 9 1/2d6 Strike

4 Punch +0/+2 7 1/2d6 Strike

3 Throw +1/+0 5 1/2d6 + v/5; Target Falls

12 +3 DCs w/ Martial Arts

Skill Levels:

20 +2 Overall Levels

5 +1 w/ all Interaction Skills

Talents/Perks:

6 Combat Luck (3 rPD/3 rED)

5 Eidetic Memory

10 Perk: Royal Blood (subsumes Diplomatic Immunity)

4 Enivormental Movement: Zero G

4 Enivormental Movement: Zero G Heavy Gravity

Agility Skills:

3 Breakfall, 14-

3 Combat Piloting, 14-

2 PS: Dancer, 14-

Intellect Skills:

3 AK: Galaxy, 14-

3 AK: Malva, 14-

7 Analyze Intent, 16-

3 Analyze Political Trends, 14-

3 Gambling, 14-

3 KS: Chet'rar (Moral Algorithms), 15-

2 KS: Corruption, 14-

1 KS: Galactic Literature, 11-

1 KS: Hzeel, 11-

2 KS: Known Sentient Species, 14-

2 KS: Malvan Culture, 14-

1 KS: Malvan Gladiators, 11-

2 KS: Malvan History, 14-

1 KS: Perseid, 11-

2 KS: Philosophy, 14-

2 KS: Political Science, 14-

1 KS: Se'ecra, 11-

1 KS: Varanyi, 11-

1 KS: Xenovores, 11-

3 Lipreading, 14-

2 Navigation (Space), 14-

3 Power Skill (Quantum Powers), 14-

3 SC: Quantum Physics, 14-

3 Shadowing, 14-

Interaction Skills:

9 Acting, 18-

3 Conversation, 15-

3 High Society, 15-

3 Oratory, 15-

3 Persuasion, 15-

2 PS: Fashion Designer, 15-

3 Seduction, 15-

Background Skills:

9 Scholar, Jack-of-all-Trades, Linguist

0 Languages: Malvan (native)

1 TF: SF & Space Vehicles

4 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Energy Weapons

12 12 Unspent Experience Points

Disadvantages

5 Distinctive Features: Tall, Golden-Skinned Alien (Conc w/ Effort, Not In Some Locales)

15 Hunted: Elder Worms/Thane (More Pow, Kill), 8-

15 Hunted: Firewing (more pow, mildly ???, Public ID), 8-

20 Hunted: Varanyi (More Pow, NCI, Enslave), 8-

0 Phys Lim: Knows Nothing Of Earth Culture (Frequently, Slightly)

10 Phys Lim: Powers All Deactivate If Proper Signal Is Received (Infrequently, Greatly)

15 Psych Lim: Afraid Of Showing Weakness/Vulnerability (Uncommon, Total)

10 Psych Lim: Aristocratic/Regal Attitude (Common, Moderate)

15 Psych Lim: Hatred of Corruption (Common, Strong)

10 Psych Lim: Protective of Innocents (Common, Moderate)

20 Public Identity (Crown Princess Cyrande of Malva)

15 Watched: US State Department (more pow, NCI, Public ID), 11-

28 Experience Bonus

600 Base + 178 Disadvantages = 778 Total 778 Points Spent

Princess Cyrande is one of the most potentially powerful political forces in the galaxy. Confirmed heir of the most powerful planet in the galaxy, with superhuman powers in her own right, and a lifespan of hundreds of years in which to do anything she pleases.

Cyrande was created 18 years ago to be the Phazor's(Emporer's) daughter and heir. While she's never known a mother, or even if she has just one genetic mother, it never occurred to her to question the lack. Her life was hardly simple, but she had never known anything different. The fact that she could see, hear and feel patterns of energy was hardly remarked upon, but she was trained in recognizing them as other children were trained in learning colors. Which was likely the only reason she survived the first assassin which got through her security, her powers violently manifesting in the bathhouse where she was attacked by one of her lady-in-waitings. It's one of her most vivid memories, even after this long, the impression of the knife drawn back, the sudden push she felt as the lines of gravity shifted under her power, and the result, which left the bathwater tinged red while she still was standing there. Her guards belated reaction, her waking up in the medical center, her father's rare display of affection after she woke up.

It was also the time when she met the most significant person in her life, the Ixander Korvivion. Sold into slavery by rivals in the Confederation, he was not only a strict taskmaster, but a wise one. One of the few people in the universe that was capable of not only training the errant child Cyrande was, but installing a sense of respect for life and duty. Between the struggles to control her powers directly, and the learning of social manners she was expected to have, Korvivion led her to find her moral center. As her social teachers taught her duty to her father, she learned duty to the people at Korvivion's side. That power was meant to be used for all, that freedom was the natural and desired state of being for all creatures, while her father taught her that she had power over everyone else, and no one was truly free. She melded these lessons into her own blend of ethics, something that would shock most other Malvans. A profound respect for life, mingled with her feeling of being better then most others, led to her protecting those she could. Though even she couldn't save everyone, as the disappearance of her mentor proved. Simply disappearing one day when she was twelve, all her questions about him were carefully unanswered by anyone, leaving her alone, and conceivably easier to mold.

The next six years were filled with the proper education of a princess, learning of the worlds around the galaxy, along with piloting and how to move in Malvan society. Six long years of learning to hide all her feelings, her disgust and rage at the doings of her fellow Malvans, six years of protecting what she could, and trying to forget those she couldn't. An time of her growing colder and colder on the outside, showing nothing of her increasing rage, caged only by her memories of Korvivion's teaching and her sense of duty. After her formal acknowledgment of adulthood, she decided[pushed gently by her father] to spend time off of Malva, getting an idea of the other races(official reason) and finally deciding what she wanted with her life(her real reason). A nice little backwater planet sounded good, and Earth seemed fairly harmless...

Appearance: A tall, almost glowing golden-skinned beauty, with well toned muscles, violet hair down her back and dark purple eyes to match. Her dressed down (normal outfit), is a short top, just barely covering her breasts in silky material, in cream white, with shifting patterns in silver showing through, while her skin tight leggings show a diamond cut down the side, leading to something that could be almost called moccasins, where it not obvious they aren't any earthly material. Again, cream white, though of seeming tougher material then her top. Her only obvious jewelry is a circlet of some purple crystal, looking cut from just one gem, while clear crystal wires are braided through her hair to hold it back, a necklace of braided metal, and a set of bracelets, with a geometric pattern reminiscent of stars shows.

Re: Posted here for convenience's sake and as a back up copy

I like Warp alot. A world traveller' date=' and I love his contacts![/quote']Thanks. Glad you like him.

Stone? Oh that'll open interesting plot lines
Oh yeah. It already has opened one interesting subplot.

nice to see Mrs Armbruster back in action
Yup, I think so too. Why create an NPC from scratch when you've got one perfectly suited for the role available.

Got his character sheet up twice, would like to see his background...
Posted his background right after you posted. Hope you like it.

Name Microman II

Player Metaphysician

20 STR 30 OCV 8

39 DEX 23 DCV 8

60 CON 40 ECV 8

20 BODY 20

5 INT 15 Phases:

30 EGO 25

0 PRE 10 Total Defenses:

1 COM 12

-6 PD 0

-8 ED 0

27 SPD 6

2 REC 15

-10 END 60

-10 STUN 45

END

Powers:

62 Robotic Form: Total Life Support (including Immortality); Inherent (+1/4)

60 Robotic Form: Armor (20 PD/20 ED)

15 Tireless: 0 END (+1/2) on 30 STR

6 Tireless: 0 END (+1/2) on 6" Running

3 Tireless: 0 END (+1/2) on 6" Leaping

1 Tireless: 0 END (+1/2) on 2" Swimming

42 Anti-Gravity Circuits: 12" Flight, 0 END (+1/2), Usable Underwater (+1/4)

80 Microsize: Shrinking ( 1/4 inch tall, 0.0063 g, -16 to Per rolls to perceive, +16 DCV, +24" KB);

Costs END to Activate Only (+1/4), No Growth Momentum (-1/4)

40 Multipower - Shrinking Tricks ( 60 pt reserve ); Linked to Shrinking (-1/2)

2 u Molecular Size: Desolid ( affected by attacks that break object character is in, or area attacks

filling entire volume ), 0 END (+1/2), Linked to Shrinking (-1/2)

2 u The Microverse: Extra-Dimensional Movement ( to and from Microverse ) ( any location in 1 4

dimension), x8 Mass; Linked to Shrinking (-1/2)

1 u Microverse Navigation: Sense Point in Normalspace Corresponding to Microverse Location, Targeting

1 u Inertial Compensators: Clinging (/w normal STR); Only to Remain /w an object if moved involuntarily (-2)

Linked to Desolidification (-1/2)

3 u Phone Line Teleport: Teleportation 12"; MegaScale (1" = 1000 km, can scale down to 6

1" = 1 km ) (+1 1/4), Safe Blind Teleport ( +1/4), Only via Landlines ( -1 )

75 Multipower (75 pt reserve) - Utility Devices

7 u Sonic Blast: 12d6 Energy Blast; 1/2 END (+1/4) 3

7 u Sonic Disruptor: 6d6 EB; AVLD (vs. Hearing Group Flash Defense) (+1 1/2), 7

4 u Strength Augmentation: +30 STR; 0 END (+1/2) 0

3 u Internal Attack I: 6d6 EB; NND (defense is inherent resistant PD) (+1), Transdimensional (+1/2), 7

No Range (-1/2), Only From Inside Target (-1/4)

6 u Internal Attack II: 1d6+1 HKA (2 1/2d6 w/ STR); NND (only vs. mechanical targets or non-living 7

targets w/ with weak points) (+1), Does BODY (+1), Transdimensional (+1/2), Only From Inside

Target (-1/4)

4 u Micro-Hacking: 6d6 Mind Control ( Machine class ), Transdimensional (+1/2),

Cumulative x4 (+3/4), 1/2 END (+1/4), No Range (-1/2), Must Be Shrunk and Inside Target (-1/4),

Based on INT CVs (-0) 3

25 Robotic Senses: 360-Degree Perception w/ all Sense Groups

5 Low-Light Vision: Nightvision

5 Thermographic: Infrared Vision (linked to Sight Group; Discriminatory is free, Flashed as Sight)

20 Millimeter-Wave Radar: Radar Sense, Targeting, Discriminatory, Active

9 Radio Transceiver: High Range Radio Perception; Invisible To Tracing (+1/4)

9 +3 CSLs w/ Utility Multipower

11 Onboard Skill Database: Variable Power Pool, 6 pt pool, 5 pt control cost; Cosmic (+2);

Skills Only (-1/2), Library Skills Only (-1/4)

20 Versatile Task Programming: +2 Overall Levels

5 Mental Defense 5 pts ( 10 Total )

5 Power Defense 5 pts

12 Shrink Shunting: 25% Damage Reduction ( rP/rE ), Only Usable When Aware of Attack and

Able to Respond ( -1/2 ), Activation Roll 13- ( -3/4 )

10 Android Thought Processes: +3 Levels, Only for Internal Computations (-1/2), Only to Counteract

Penalties for Hurrying (-1)

Talents/Perks:

15 Android Package ( Absolute Time Sense, Eidetic Memory, Lightning Calculator,

Speed Reading x10 )

8 Contact: Dr Daniel Collins ( Useful Skills, Good Relations, Access/Contacts ) 13-

Agility Skills:

Intellect Skills:

17 Mechanics, Electronics, Computer Programming, Demolitions 13-

3 Power: Shrinking 12-

Interaction Skills:

Background Skills:

10 Science Skills ( Physics, Physiology ) 14-

5 Knowledge Skill ( Sentinels History ) 14-

Disadvantages

15 Physical Limitation: Override Code ( Known only to Daniel Collins ) ( Infrequent, Fully Impairing )

15 Distinctive Features: Green and Gold Android ( Not Concealable )

15 Code vs Killing ( Common, Strong )

5 Watched ( Mechanon, More Powerful ) 8-

15 Social Limitations: Android ( Occasional, Severe )

20 Psych Limit: Code of the Hero ( Very Common, Strong )

5 Psych Limit: Prone to Providing "Help" at the Worst Times ( Uncommon, Moderate )

10 Psych Limit: Prone to Philosophize ( Common, Moderate )

35 Mystery Hunteds ( GM's Discretion )

15 Social Limitation: Public ID

400 Base + 150 Disadvantages = 550 Total 788 Points Spent

This is the robotic "Heir" to Microman? Cool. I think I read your background elsewhere...looks good. all of them. Sounds like a campiagn I'd like (being aproponent of the high end gaming) I love the CU integration. I have a habit of ratcheting my characters in there, adding to the CU as I create rather than using what's already there and you guys do a marvelous job of utilizing your resources.

I am particularly impressed with Warp's gadgets...using the company names pulls us all that much further into the world.

Looks great everyone...

Well, the writeup will show up halfway to eternity, unless its copied from a prior post. However, I can explain the White Knight Defense.

Basically, it is a multistage defense combo.

First stage is normal resistant defense, PD/ED. Relatively low amounts however, 10/10 IIRC.

Second stage is damage reduction. Lots of it. 75% resistant, energy and physical.

Third stage is absorbtion, with the proper configuration to turn up to 24 points of Body in damage into healing of 6 Body and 12 Stun, up to the limits of what the wound inflicted.

The strength in this is that, essentially, that healing at the end is the equivalent of defense ( and lots of it ) applied after damage reduction does its percentage decrease. This allows the bearer to avoid the nickel-and-dime effect that afflicts many bearers of damage reduction, since any attack that does less than 27 Body or 51 Stun after defense does nothing at all. It also mostly nullifies attacks that bypass defense, since the defense doesn't do much of the work. Armor Piercing, Penetrating, even NNDs just don't do a whole lot.

Now, the main weakness is a deliberate one: shadow/darkness attacks bypass 50% of the damage reduction and all the absorbtion, unless Horus-Re dedicates his multipower to defense ( limiting his STR to 80 and preventing usage of other power tricks ). Essentially, its his kryptonite.

The nuts n' bolts:

30 Armor (10 PD/10 ED)

60 50% Physical and Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant

34 +25% Physical and Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant; Not Vs. Evil Magic or Darkness/Shadow Powers (-3/4)

18 4d6 Absorption vs. Physical, Standard Effect, see below(*)

18 4d6 Absorption vs. Energy, Standard Effect, see below(*)

(*) -- Both Absorptions will feed simultaneously to 4 places (+1 Advantage) -- STUN, BODY, END, and increasing the max Absorption reserve. STUN and BODY may only be raised up to their starting values (-1/2), and the absorption does not apply to Darkness/Shadow powers (-3/4)

With Standard Effect declared, that means 4d6 of Absorption will Absorb up to 12 character points worth of incoming attack, which would replenish 24 END, 12 STUN, 6 BODY, and increase the max Absorption reserve by 24 character points.

Microman's Background

Background/History: Daniel Collins was the size-changing scientist hero called Microman for decades, as well as a long-time member of the Sentinels, until his retirement in 1987. Originally, he planned on leaving matters to the new guard. . . Until the Battle of Detroit. Collins moved to Millenium City in 1993, and for the first time, the idea of a successor occurred to him. Certainly, he had trained enough new heroes as a veteran member of the Sentinels, but now, he wondered whether a more specific heir was in order, as he was far to old to done the union suit again.

Unfortunately, despite his best efforts, he could not get his shrinking ray to work reliably work on anybody else but him. This baffled him, until the thought occurred to him: his inanimate gear was always subject to the ray; perhaps an artificial being could be suitably shrunk?? With this idea in mind, Collins mounted a version of the shrinking ray inside a robotic frame, and discovered he could remotely shrink it and maintain the size, just as with himself. At this point, Collins realized how Herculean the feat before him was, and set about studying everything available on the field of android robotics and AI programming, including information from disabled Mechanon units. As it seemed the most promising technique, Dr Collins encoded his basic personality elements into a program, and applied a self-altering algorithm to it, along with a set of input data within a powerful supercomputer. This he let operate, on the theory that it would eventually achieve sufficient complexity to acquire self-awareness.

A little less than a year ago, this project succeeded, birthing the AI “David.†The AI began asking questions about its own nature, and discussed such thoughts with Dr Collins. In many ways, it resembled a young, curious version of himself, as expected. With the AI complete, Collins began the process of integrating it into its eventual android body, a precise process made slower by the necessary safety precautions, to ensure that the AI did not go insane or sociopath. Somewhat surprisingly, “David†did not object to the precautions; indeed, while Dr Collins discussed them and his reasons for using them, “David†concurred with his logic, and even suggested a few improvements. During this phase, “David†was characterized by even more curiosity than before: about his reason for being created, about his “father,†about the super team his father had once been a member. More than anything else, “David†was astonished at the sacrifices humans would make to do good by others, in seeming contradiction to the obvious logic of a situation. More than anything else, “David†wanted to understand heroism.

Eventually, the assembly was complete. “David Collins†now had a body to go along with his mind, a body and a legacy: Microman. Through these, perhaps he could now find out what Heroism truly is. . .

Personality/Motivation: Whether in combat or out, Microman II is always the calm, rational one. This is not to say that he lacks emotions, as he will thoroughly explain if queried. Rather, he is just by nature collected, like his “father.†He has a strong sense of curiosity, and treats everything as a learning experience. However, while he has a good “bearing†in the lab or in the field, his ability to interact normally with humans is a little less well developed, as he is somewhat prone to turning any conversation into a philosophical discussion.

Appearance: Microman II is obviously not human. His body shape resembles a young, somewhat idealized version of his creator. However, his “skin†is metallic in appearance, with a mix of green and gold coloration giving the illusion of a super hero costume.

P.S.: I wrote this before the campaign started. It doesn't touch on some elements that have shown up since. These include:

-Some doubts and concerns over whether he is a person ( minimal, and they were followed immediately after by a brief side trip through Heaven. Don't expect much angst in the future )

-A talent for offering "help" to others in the worst form at the worst time, totally oblivious to the downsides for others ( in a humorous sense; basically, he's a source for social plot complications )

-This hasn't come up in game yet, but he will be profoundly uncomfortable dealing with non-sentient androids that act like they are human.

So I just found out we have a thread here, and I should proably post my character.

Name Warmaster Fielan al Hackra

Player Bob Kohnen

20 STR 30 OCV 10

60 DEX 30 DCV 10

40 CON 30 ECV 15

20 BODY 20

20 INT 30 Phases: 2,4,6,7,9,11,12

70 EGO 45 14- activation

20 PRE 30 Total Defenses: 15Pd(6rPd) 20Pd(11rPd)

3 COM 16 15Ed(6rEd) 20Ed(11rEd)

3 PD 9 15 MD

3 ED 9 10 Power Defense

30 SPD 7

-4 REC 10

-9 END 42

-10 STUN 40

Powers:

160 Trinity of the Self: 80 pt Variable Power Pool + 80 pt control cost; Cosimic +2, no end +1/2, Telepathic and Prana/Bindu Effects only - 1/4, Characteristics can't exceed Legendary -1/4, Cannot affect Machine class minds or non sentient targets - 1/4

21 The Sight Mimics the Body - 10 pt Martial Arts pool + 11 pt control, Cosmic, Persistent, No end, Inherent, Marital Arts only -1,-0 can only use manuevers he has seen and had time to adapt to

10 Perfect Shielding 15pts Mental Defense (9 free from Ego) hardened +1/4

5 Perfect Shielding Lack of Weackness (5 pts) on Mental Defenses only (-0)

8 One of the Greatest Stratagists in The Multiverse - Clairesentience w/ Precognition

Precognition Oly (-1), Only to Predict Opponents Stratagy/Intentions (-1/2), Requires Minmum Amount of Data (-1/2), Requires Tactics/Deduction roll (-1/2), Extra time 1 turn (-1 1/4)

5 The Planning Mind: 1d6 Luck

11 Ceran Honor Blade: 1d6 Hka, NND (not vs Force fields common defence) +1/2, Does Body +1, 0 End +1/2, OAF Honorblade -1, Independent -2

12 Ceran Light Battle Dress - 5PD/5ED 2XHard, OIF, and 14- activation (Note, I haven't aquired this ingame just paid the points for it.)

Martial Arts Ceran Warrior Training

(This was susumed by the MA power pool I have)

16 +4 Dcs w/ martial arts

40 Pain is Only a Thing of the Mind: 50% Damage Reduction, Physical and Energy, Resistant, Stun only

5 Healing Trance: Regeneration (1/body an hour) 0 End persistant (+1), Extra time (1 hour) (-2) Only if resting thoughout the hour ( -1/4)

12 Mind Over Body: Power Defense (10 pts) Hardened (+1/4)

1 Mind Over Body: Life Support Longevity (live 250 years)

10 Mind Over Body: Life support Immunity to all Diseases

1 Desert Dweller: Life Support Diminished Eating (Needs much less food/water)

1 Desert Dweller: Life support Safe enviroment (Intense Heat)

40 +4 overall levels

10 +2 w/ all int based skills

Talents/Perks:

12 Combat Luck (6Pd/6ED)

10 Defense manuever IV

5 Eidetic Memory

4 Reputation Legendary Warmaster +6/+6d6 14-; Only among Cerans and the Imperial Court -1

Agility Skills:

3 15- Breakfall

3 15- Climbing

3 15- Combat Piloting

3 15- Stealth

3 15- Teamwork

Intellect Skills:

3 15- AK: Isvatha V'han's dimensional Empire

3 15- Analyze Combat Technique

3 15- Analyze Strategy

3 15- Analyze Style

3 15- Deduction

2 15- KS: Ceran Culture

2 15- KS: Ceran Martial Arts

2 15- KS: Isvatha V'han's Court

2 15- KS: Isvatha V'han's Dimensional Military

2 15- KS: Military Strategy

2 15- KS: Super Society

3 15- Paramedics

3 15- Power: Physiology

3 15- Power: Telepathy

2 15- PS: Instructor

2 15- PS: Strategy Games

2 15- SC: Physiology

2 15- SC: Psionics

2 15- SC: Psycology

2 15- SC: Sociology

5 15- Survival (Deserts, Temperate/subtropical, Arctic, Mountains, Space)

3 15- System Operations

3 15- Tactics

3 15- Tracking

Interaction Skills:

3 15- Bureaucracy

3 15- Conversation

3 15- High Society

3 15- Interrogation

3 15- Oratory

4 17- PS: General

2 15- PS: Memory Singer

Background Skills:

6 Scholar, Scentist, Jack-of-all-Trades

6 Languages: Ceran (native), Interlac (Completely fluent), English (Completely fluent)

0 TF: Small Motorized ground vehicles, Grav Vehicles

7 WF: Swords, Small Arms, Energy Weapons, Grenade Launcher, Heavy Machine Guns, Shoulder fired Weapons

Disadvantages

33 Experience

10 DF: Blue Skin and red eyes (Concealbel Noticed)

15 Watched: Intelligence community 11- (More powerful, NCI, Watched)

20 Hunted Isvatha V'han 8- (More powerful, NCI, Kill)

20 Hunted Dr. Destroyer 8- (More Powerful, NCI, Enslave)

25 Psych Lim (Ceran Honor Code) (Total, VC)

20 Psych Lim (Will not Surrender) (Total, C)

10 Psych Lim (Sensei, will protect and get vengence for those he teachs) (Total, UC)

15 Psych Lim (Hatred of People who abuse there power) (Strong, C)

15 Phys Lim (Can not have Bio-wear) (Uncommon Fully)

600 Base + 183 Disadvantages = 783 Total 782 Points Spent

Ceran History:

Long ago, in another universe, a harsh and forbidding desert planet gave rise to a native humanoid species of minor telepaths. Things progressed normally in their development and evolution, in the pattern seen on most worlds with extreme survival environments -- tribal/clannish societies, nomadic culture, natural selection for the toughest and canniest. In those early days, before the coming of the Great Teacher Ceras, clan fought clan and brother fought brother constantly, with their crude weapons and crude minds.

And then came Nekweros, Spirit of Despair, Herald Of Nullity, an Ancient entity of utter horror and malice. (Note -- Earth knows this entity as "the Death Dragon".) For the Death Dragon, avatar of The Dragon, personification of evil, comes to world after world and offers them a gift, a test, and a challenge.

Ceras, clan matriarch and legendary figure of wisdom, saw through the evil one's gift, refused his test, and spurned his poisoned challenge.

Instead, she realized that the challenge of the Death Dragon was designed to give the foul creature a chance to meet and destroy the greatest warriors of her race, one by one, slowly taking them from the pool... and that the inevitable law of averages would eventually give Nekweros final victory.

Nekweros, freed from the restraints of his Tournament, struck this world with fire and war. Its inhabitants, under the leadership of Ceras, fought back as best they could, with weapons of body, weapons of the mind, and weapons of the spirit. It was this war that taught the followers of

Ceras that to die fighting vs. corruption, even if it be to the last man, is still superior to embracing it.

The rampages of the Death Dragon shaped society anew. No longer did clan fight clan, brother fight brother. Now, all warriors stood against a common foe, and tempered their killing with wisdom and their blades with keen wits. Yet still the Dragon brought clan after clan low, with outright assaults and with whispering evils of the mind and spirit, killing and poisoning.

The survivors of this age became strong and proud and clear-minded, with Ceras and her unimpeachable brilliance and peerless mind at their head.

Until Ceras made her greatest discovery -- the ability to not merely

Link minds, but fuse them. To have all become one. To find the

Silvermind.

Every master of thought and adult warrior upon the planet joined together in a gestalt, in a blazing fury of psychic power never before dreamed of.

They struck the Death Dragon with all of their might, and reached

Through the avatar to do what no other people in history ever had... wound the Dragon itself, the personification of evil for whom the Death Dragon was a mere emissary. And Nekweros (as they call him), the Death Dragon (as

Earth knows him), left Ceras, never to return. For this world had passed through the forge and the fire, and those that were left behind were nigh unassailable.

And this, the legends say, is why no Ceran can ever know despair, for

The very Spirit Of Despair itself does not dare to touch any child of Ceras lest it suffer the wrath of the Great Teacher and her children again.

But a terrible price was paid. Barely any memory songs exist of this time, and none from the battle itself... for Ceras and every member of the gestalt died in the act, giving their very spirits to win this victory. Had not warriors left behind wives with children, and had not younglings been forbidden to join the Silvermind, the race would have died. As is, the Cerans continued on, grown strong from their experience, yet dealt a terrible blow.

Several centuries later, Ceran culture was still in its Golden Age.

Still primitive desert nomads they were, for Cerans have ever looked inward to forging their hands and minds rather than outward to forging new tools.

Yet their telepathic skills had become subtle and manifold, and their arts of mind-over-body control had become legendary. To be a Ceran warrior adept was to have nigh-total control over both flesh and nerve and mentality, and to be able to use any of them as easily as normal men and women could use their breath and their eyes and their fingers. To be a Ceran was to be a member of a people that thrived on both war and wisdom, who could preserve memories and share minds so well that they needed neither books nor libraries to retain and pass on their traditions.

And then the Slavers came, the planet pirates, the world-rapers. An early spacefaring species were they, who thrived upon the sack and loot and strip-mining and enslavement of primitive worlds. Yet vs. these "primitives", they were horribly outclassed.

Despite their battle dress and their fusion guns, their exoskeletons and their terrible missiles, their raiding parties were savaged time and time again. Vs. warriors who could move squads in perfect mental coordination, who could cloud the minds and senses of their enemies, who could cast illusions and strike with mental blows, even high-tech raiders fell.

And although the raiders' biometric trigger locks prevented the Cerans from taking their guns, their hullmetal monomolecular bayonets were still usable. These weapons, capable of cutting through even heavy space armor with a powerful enough thrust, became the first 'honorblades', for these tools of their fallen foes allowed Ceran warriors to crack their shells and kill the child-stealers.

After almost a century of conflict, the slavers finally gave up, defeated. Although their procedures and the ignorance of their thugs had kept the secret of hyperdrive from the Ceran natives, they had managed to "read" enough and capture enough to begin the march towards industry. And the planet pirates were not a proper starfaring navy, and while they could have burned the surface of Ceras to glass, such an action would have had no profit. And so the Cerans yet again were left to their own devices, as they left primitivism behind to slowly find their way to modernity.

And then another conqueror appeared... one far subtler, and Infinitely more powerful, then any mere band of slaver planets. The Empress Of A Billion Dimensions, Istvatha V'Han.

The Ceran Honor Code

1.) You must always strive for balance. The three piliars of strength are the Mind, Body, and Soul. You require a mighty Body to weather the storms of life, you also need a focused Mind to find the truths that are hidden, finally you need a calm Soul to guide you to wisdom.

2.) The strong rule the weak, the wise rule the strong. It is through strength that we learn rule, but you must also gain wisdom. Thus the Strong rule, but the Wise guide the Strong.

3.) The duty of the strong is to protect and guide the Weak. Do not allow your power to make you forget that everyone started the same, it is your responsibility to gaurd those who are weaker then you, for we are all brothers and sisters.

4.) Challenges promotes growth, it is through conflict that we find ourselves. Be weary of complacency and sloth, not a day should pass where you do not challenge your selves.

5.) Do not cause pain for the sake of pain. We are the People, never forget this. When you strike aim to put your foe down as fast as possible. Do not allow your emotions to convince you that prolonging there agony will gain you anything, all it will do is cheapen you.

6.) We are all Brothers and Sisters, never intetionally kill you siblings. We are family, we live and die together. Conflict may exist between us, but never allow it to escalate to murder.

7.) Your honor is your own, cherish it. It will serve you in the long run, be wary of making oaths that you can't follow up on. For your honor is a shining beacon to the unenlightened.

8.) Stay true to your lord and servents, but respond to trechery with death. Honor is a very slippery sloap, bind yourself to it and it will serve you, but if someone betrays you then you are honor bound to make the traitor pay.

9.) Your body is a weapon, reliance on tools is a fools dream. There is a difference between relying on them and using them, you are as much of a fool to not use tools if the situation calls for them.

10.) Always be wary of compromises or gifts, think long and hard about what you are giving up or recieving. Naquaros offered a gift, if we looked at the surface we would of been doomed. He then offered a compromise with his challenge, if we had accepted we would no longer be alive. Remember always act with caution.

• 3 months later...