Gun Charts

Wildcat

Re: Gun Charts

Ok, I'm only part way through the Guns, Guns, Guns! section of the book, so I may be off base. However, if I'm understanding your comment correctly, there aren't supposed to be any: the Autofire is part of the gun, not the ammunition, so it wouldn't be there.

Feel free to correct me, it's the only way I'll learn :)

There aren't any such charts. Look at how much page space just the basic charts take up. Adding Autofire into the mix for more than just Standard ammo and shells would have made the book mushroom up in size. (Not to mention the extra working time to create them, which I couldn't afford at that stage of the project.)

My intention is to prepare the other charts -- potentially several hundred of them, by my count -- and sell them as a Hero Plus PDF for some nominal sum. I don't think many gamers will want them, but to satisfy my own sense of completeness I'd like to make 'em available.

My intention is to prepare the other charts -- potentially several hundred of them' date=' by my count -- and sell them as a Hero Plus PDF for some nominal sum. I don't think many gamers will want them, but to satisfy my own sense of completeness I'd like to make 'em available.[/quote']

Good marketing... I'll buy it. I actually prefer to have something like charts and tables in electronic format. It is easier to print out the specific charts you need for a night's game that way.

There aren't any such charts. Look at how much page space just the basic charts take up. Adding Autofire into the mix for more than just Standard ammo and shells would have made the book mushroom up in size. (Not to mention the extra working time to create them' date=' which I couldn't afford at that stage of the project.)[/quote']

OK that's basically what I Thought... but I was just worried I was loosing it... I love the charts and I will buy them when you finally complete them. This breakdown of the Damage Classes by Caliber is fantastic... we're already making up new Hero write ups for weapons.

WC

PS: Steve You ROCK (again) The inclusion of the OICW was just fantastic I've been following the progression of that weapon for years... Thanx Again!!

Thanx for the kind words, guys! Glad to know you're enjoying the book.

I actually prefer to have something like charts and tables in electronic format. It is easier to print out the specific charts you need for a night's game that way.

Exactly. This is the sort of thing that was can still do with Hero Plus. It doesn't require illustration, wouldn't do well as a printed book, and isn't something the purchaser needs to consult all the time.

The trick is just getting all the work done. Calc'latin' all those numbers takes a bit of time. ;) But it's actually kind of fun, in a completist sort of way. Seeing all the numbers line up right in the chart provides a certain level of satisfaction.

when might the Hero Designer file be available for DC?

We've got the HD files in hand. Ben just has to check over them, comparing what we've got to the final changes I made in the book to ensure that everything synchs up. So, the DC Character Pack should be available before too long.

Caveat: it doesn't contain all the guns, in the same way that the FH Pack doesn't have all the melee weapons. That's a little too much work to ask someone to do for a small royalty (and on a short deadline). ;) But it's got the characters, all the Super-Skills, the gadgets, and so on. Ben will provide more info at the appropriate time.